**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why not make 30min AQ timer permanent

Kabam gave us 30min timers as compensation for the long maintenance, but why not just keep it going permanently?

For one, it allows players to clear the MAP quicker. No unfair advantage.

They clear the MAP quicker; they clear their champs. They clear their champs; they pursue other content. Thus the odds of Kabam profiting off of that time is inevitable.

Bottom line, AQ is a job we do...not love. It’s necessary to collect resources. Why not make it quicker to clear?

What say u guys?

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Because they want you to login more often. The more a spender logs on, the more likely they are to spend.

Obviously doesnt help the community but thats the real reason I bet. Regardless what they say about it hurting some folks.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Or why not sell AQ energy refills
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    It makes sense with the bew update to do this since they are doing away with brackets. I dont think it would mess with rank rewards at all. I think its a good idea.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I agree on this... Please Kabam allow us to have a life beyond mcoc.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Why make AQ easier?
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    2StarKing wrote: »
    Why make AQ easier?

Not easier. Just less of a drag. No update for over a year except to add stupid robots which no one enjoys.

Let’s take the grind away some and add back in some joy.
  • SEMOletteSEMOlette Posts: 11
    I agree 30 minute timers should be an ongoing thing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kabam gave us 30min timers as compensation for the long maintenance, but why not just keep it going permanently?

1. Because Kabam doesn't want to.

2. Because Kabam has some very weird ideas about how players would use extra energy.

3. Because Kabam doesn't want to.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kabam mods and @GroundedWisdom will tell you that it causes problems for people because even though it's much easier to clear for the whole alliance, some people will sleep while others get energy and that is a Huge Problem. So much energy is wasted while you sleep. Also, even though you have to login less with shorter timers, if you wanted to move every time you had energy, which no one would do, you'd have to login more. Also, even though it works much more smoothly with 1/2 hour timers, AQ was designed to work less smoothly with one hour timers, so we have to go with the design rather than with what works better. Also 1/2 hour timers are detrimental to the player base even though 99% want them and it helps most players. Any other questions?
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    They clear the MAP quicker; they clear their champs. They clear their champs; they pursue other content. Thus the odds of Kabam profiting off of that time is inevitable.

But they want you to rank up other champs so you can pursue other content whilst in the midst of AQ and AW.

• Bringr_of_Rain1Bringr_of_Rain1 Posts: 274
    It would make AQ so much more enjoyable with the 30min timer. Or like another said, and they would have in other games....u could use an energy refill to move a space