**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wasted opportunity to refresh Antman

How ironic that this months event quest is focused on a character that is so versatile and fun in the movies, but such trash champ in this game. @Kabam Miike please let the design team know that this feels like such a wasted opportunity to refresh Antman with a new take on his abilities since he now uses his ability to shrink and enlarge in the movies. Instead we have a new badass wasp and a cheap synergy buff. Seriously guys....as a department manager at my job I understand the stresses of timelines and deadlines, but how hard is it to assign 1 developer the task of refreshing 1 legacy champ every quarter. I’m sure the community would take that option over nothing at all. The red hulk and Luke cage refresh was the start of something great. Please continue on that path.

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I was fully expecting him to be buffed for his event. Disappointed as usual...
  • BstrawsmaBstrawsma Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Also the fact that most people have this champ already on their roster makes it very appealing that they wont have to spin out crystals just to get the updated experience.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Not just AntMan but many. It's odd to me that we had the RedHulk/Luke Cage revamp and absolutely nothing since. When, if I'm not mistaken, Kabam had said in the post about the beta tests on those two Champs that it was just the beginning and there were "many more to come". So, how long has it been?

I just can wrap my head around how a company worth millions and millions doesn't have dedicated departments for just this thing. Seems there's plenty of departments in place to nerf champs, mess with AQ, AW, and endless monthly quests. Again, focused on all the things the community doesn't really want.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    I can't take credit for this idea - it's been suggested before. But now is just as good a time to throw it out. I like the idea of doing only one new badass champ an update and taking the second champ and turning that into a refresh. I know that MAY eat into money gained from new champ lust, but I feel like they undervalue the nerdiness of us nerds. We all have our fave Marvel champs, and we have a significant amount of champs in game. Chances are each champ has a huge segment of fans. Moreso than the amount of summoners that are solely chasing the meta, in any case.

I feel like there's money to be made in so many more areas of the game than just creating new champs. I mean, I know who Wasp is, but no idea who Ghost is and I really don't care about the MCU. I just grew up liking some Marvel comics and watching the 90s X-Men cartoons. I can't think of the last new champ I ever even cared about even a small amount. Okay, you made a frustrating champ for me to play in uncollected. Great. Maybe I'll run into it once every couple of wars. But refresh Gambit? Oh boy, I'm taking off a few days from work and loading up on some units for the 5* arena.

Considering how many of us have trash champs (that is to say, all of us, even the "lucky" have a bunch of trash champs) I can only imagine the amount of people who may be trying to dupe/awaken/rank our 4*-6* trash champs if they were consistently refreshed - not to mention those who don't have the refreshed trash champ who would be considerably more desirable. Not every champ has to be meta, but instead of taking some random fringe scrub and making them desirable, bring old champs up to snuff.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    abn86 wrote: »
    I can't take credit for this idea - it's been suggested before. But now is just as good a time to throw it out. I like the idea of doing only one new badass champ an update and taking the second champ and turning that into a refresh. I know that MAY eat into money gained from new champ lust, but I feel like they undervalue the nerdiness of us nerds. We all have our fave Marvel champs, and we have a significant amount of champs in game. Chances are each champ has a huge segment of fans. Moreso than the amount of summoners that are solely chasing the meta, in any case.

I feel like there's money to be made in so many more areas of the game than just creating new champs. I mean, I know who Wasp is, but no idea who Ghost is and I really don't care about the MCU. I just grew up liking some Marvel comics and watching the 90s X-Men cartoons. I can't think of the last new champ I ever even cared about even a small amount. Okay, you made a frustrating champ for me to play in uncollected. Great. Maybe I'll run into it once every couple of wars. But refresh Gambit? Oh boy, I'm taking off a few days from work and loading up on some units for the 5* arena.

Considering how many of us have trash champs (that is to say, all of us, even the "lucky" have a bunch of trash champs) I can only imagine the amount of people who may be trying to dupe/awaken/rank our 4*-6* trash champs if they were consistently refreshed - not to mention those who don't have the refreshed trash champ who would be considerably more desirable. Not every champ has to be meta, but instead of taking some random fringe scrub and making them desirable, bring old champs up to snuff.

Wholly agree with this, and I.m a huge Marvel nerd that does care about the MCU and it still took me quite some time to recall who Masacre was. Love that they're throwing obscure champs like that in the game, but it doesn't feel right that the Mexican, powerless Deadpool wannabe is better than all three Deadpools.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    abn86 wrote: »

Sabretooth is actually an addition I’ve been wanting from the start (other than him the only new champ I’ve care about in the past year is Yondu/Blade) so I wanted him so badly. I actually grew up on X-Men, too, the comics, the video games, the TV show. Sabretooth, Gambit, and NC are probably my favorite characters and I was super disappointed Gambit fell behind NC, Rogue, GR, and others released around his time. Still he’s decent enough to where I still like to play around with him on quests and even screw around ROL a little.

I feel like if they did take the time to buff old champs people would be more interested in shooting for them. They may be more inclined to buy (F)GMC to get/dupe them. They don’t have to make them god tier champs like the newer ones coming out but Rulk and LC is a good bar to shoot for. Useful but not incredibly OP.
  • superhunsuperhun Posts: 3
    I think Iron Spider (Infinity War) should be added to the game. There is a stark Enhanced Version, which I have as a 3 star, but it didn't really cover the whole Iron Spider gist. Not to OP, not to mention the Arachno arms give it a nice touch.
    Also, I noticed that even though Stark Enhanced suit is a tech, it has common science skills, like evade, and another skill that's all his own, which I think should be added onto the Iron Spider suit. Thanks for your time!
  • superhunsuperhun Posts: 3
    Oh, and I'm also really happy with the new Deadpool events and new amazing Champs. My only question is when will Marvel and DC stop dueling and just merge