**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• VishalRajwadiVishalRajwadi Posts: 33
    @Administrator please look into this or I would suggest all my friends to quit MCOC.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Haven't encountered any real issues on my iPhone 6S yet, but my iPad tablet is running very hot and rebooting (probably due to the heat) when I try to play the game. Also unable to take a screenshot from my tablet.
    Running iOS 11.4
  • Since updating this morning the game starts to get real jerky then starts freezing. It’s loading slow between fights then eventually my phone reset and I have to unlock my phone and reopen all my apps. I believe it maybe overheating. It’s in a case and I can feel it getting warm and that’s not normally. It’s also eating my battery and much higher rate than normal. I have had the volume issue where it just shut off and the buttons wouldn’t respond till I reset my phone.

iPhone 7
    ios 11.4
    Verizon
  • ThePanThePan Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    Yes! All of this, hot phone, battery drain, laggy, glitchy, it locked up all other apps and stuck them on the loading screen, sound quit, sound buttons quit, had to restart the phone.

Device Model: iPhone7 - A1660
    Carrier: Sprint
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Wifi, I tested in on data, it gets warm on cellular network but not nearly as bad and my apps haven't crashed yet...I spoke too soon, when I plugged it in to charge while playing it got very hot I quit, because it can't be good for my phone...
  • Jskeete54Jskeete54 Posts: 46
    iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS 11.4
    Verizon

In addition to my phone overheating, it won’t charge while in game. It’s to the point where I have to get an ice pack to cool my phone while I grind arena
  • Har8Har8 Posts: 31
    So I noticed that it's mainly Iphone users that are complaining about this problem and spent couple of hours comparing phone temperature while playing MCoC and other games (FF, MSF, Fifa 18). And the temperature was significantly higher while playing MCoC. So please pay attention to Android users too (at least once), perhaps that's the problem, why game is lagging so much.
    Device: Galaxy Samsung 8+
    Both wifi and cellular
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    Iphone 7 plus
    IOS 11.4

My phone shuts down while playing the game and takes some time to reboot....
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    • Device Model: iPhone8
    • Carrier: TELCEL
    • Wifi or Data: BOTH

Also getting the overheating since yesterday, it get's to be un confortable to play
  • MadTitan616MadTitan616 Posts: 30
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7plus 32GB
    Sprint
    Problem occurs both on WiFi and data

After 10-20 minutes of play phone gets noticeably hot. When this occurs the game starts to lag and skip where normally it runs pretty smooth. After a few minutes the game freezes and my phone along with it forcing me to do a hard reset.
  • MyonMyon Posts: 7
    My Ipad is heating up after the upgrade.
    The game is catching on.
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Posts: 120
    I have an iPhone X and am having serious overheating issues and lag. Game ran smooth as butter before the update.
  • FudoKumaFudoKuma Posts: 4

iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7
    AT&T
    Cell and wifi

Same issue with device overheating and the app closing.
  • docu3docu3 Posts: 18
    iOS 11.4
    Iphone7+
    Verizon
    Cell and WiFi

Game periodically stalls then goes to the black screen w spinning disc mentioned by others. Causing other apps to freeze including safari and line. Sometimes renders touchscreen unresponsive and requires a hard shutdown and reboot of the phone. I have not noticed an overheating problem.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Started for me on 18.0 and has gotten worse with 19.0. Terrible lag (animation jerkiness) in new uncollected event, dropped inputs, kills my battery and phone heating up.
    iPhone 7+
    IOS 11.4
    Wifi only (200Mb)
    Verizon
  • Renegade4eRenegade4e Posts: 14
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 6s Plus
    AT&T
    WiFi

Phone not getting hot but will go through 80% battery in about 1 hour.

Also getting a wheel timer during the game and then it will force close.
  • OldgearOldgear Posts: 19
    My iphone7 gets overheat and it restart the game when I leave just half a minute.both wifi and 4g
  • Gonad_the_GronkGonad_the_Gronk Posts: 14
    Very laggy on IPhone 5s, battery heats up & fast battery drain. Current IOS system & same on wifi or mobile net.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Griffoplay wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Afther update 19.0 the gampelay do not seems fluid as before.
    It is not lag, it is something else. It seems like the combat animations (especialy for special attacks) missing some frame rate so the animation is not fluid and it become difficult to intercept, parry, dash back and the like.

Also the temperature of the device seems to be increased. phone restart at somepoint due to temperature. incoming Phone calls do not works while playing.

Iphone 6S
    iSO 11.4
    Wifi or cellular networks is the same

PS
    other notes here:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79229/frame-rate-or-something-elese#latest

The overheating of the device is probably dropping the frames.
  • iPad Pro running latest iOS experiencing a little lag but more disturbing is having it reboot all by itself in the middle of playing the game.... this just started with the upgrade of the app. On my iPhone 6 running latest iOS I have seen the serious lag that everyone else is reporting.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

I don't have an update on progress right now, but want to let you all know that we're currently going through all of the data you guys have given us, and will be doing some comparisons. We are investigating this thoroughly, and will update you all as soon as I have some news.

The game is acting as if it is a phone call. That is why it is overheating. If you cover the front facing camera/sensor while playing, the screen shuts off. This is the same thing that happens during a phone call when you lift the phone to your ear.

The front facing camera/sensor is being activated during this gesture so you don't accidentally hit buttons during the call. This is precisely why yesterday, when I received a call through the LINE app, it did not appear on my phone screen while I was in game. That is because the game is acting as a "call." The person who called me said it went straight to voicemail.

Please look into this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @WiMak @Kabam Vydious

EDIT: So something is going on here. Either the front facing camera/sensor is being activated during this, or the game is acting as a phone call, or both.

EDIT2: Closed all my apps (MCOC, LINE, Whatsapp, Messages, FB, etc) and still had the issue of the screen going blank when I covered the camera/sensor. Restarted the phone and the screen did not shut off when I covered the area again.
  • XC123456789XC123456789 Posts: 11
    iOS 11.4
    Iphone SE
    AT&T
    Wifi
  • UltimatechampionUltimatechampion Posts: 107
    Each time I open the game it keeps asking again and again to install google play games while I only use kabam account,also when I open the game from recent tab it pops again to install google play games.pls fix this.
  • Ok just lost all buttons on my phone and had to wait till it overheated and reset.

iPhone 7 iOS 11.4 Verizon
  • lm2lm2 Posts: 24
    Same overheating issue after update to 19

OS - iOS 11.4.1 (beta)
    Device Model - iPhone X
    Carrier - ATT
    Wifi or Cellular Network - Both
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    iPad mini 4.
    Latest update
    Mostly on wifi
    Tablet gets much warmer than normal. Lag becomes unplayable. The last update introduced a little bit of lag on occasion but this is absolutely horrible. I was hoping to run a LoL path in the next couple days but just doing some testing with different champs lag gets so bad that it's not worth playing at all. I went solo after war seasons to work on the lab and some personal things, I'd hate to be trying war right now...it's ridiculously bad.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Hey guys I don’t know howz everyone feeling I have been using iPhone 6 Plus for a long time , game lags at times a bit but never like this after the upgrade it’s super super lag fights starting late and non responsive at times .

Also beware when u use pause and resume after few seconds I noticed thrice that the application crashes that’s unusual, battery also draining like hell

Kabam please what’s going on here we need good upgrades
  • LuffyDMonkey69LuffyDMonkey69 Posts: 8
    iOS: 11.4
    iphone SE
    Carrier: Bell
    Wifi and Carrier
  • Iphone 7
    iOS 11,4
This discussion has been closed.