**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I was sort of kidding about breaking my phone.

Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
I was sort of kidding earlier today about kabam breaking my phone with this new update. I got in about 3 arena rounds a little while ago and it reset itself. Now my home button on my iPhone is acting up and not working all the time and giving me a warning about it not working. I have never seen or heard of this problem
Until the new update I did this morning.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    The game is horrible right now. It's almost like there is a virus in the programming. Disgruntled employee maybe?
  • Is compensation going to be on July 5? Because I remember you guys telling us it was early this week.
  • BrandonisBatmanBrandonisBatman Posts: 105
    I’m experiencing OP’s same problem. Quite annoying. Been having to deal with it all day, also makes arena grinding a massive pain.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Is compensation going to be on July 5? Because I remember you guys telling us it was early this week.

They told us that the discussion would be this week, not the actual compensation.
  • Just had to do a hard reset on my iPhone 7 Plus. Screen went black ,but phone was on. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Eggy247Eggy247 Posts: 4
    It is not a device issue. It is a programming issue. I have an iPad mini, iPhone 5S and an iPhone 7 Plus. First updated on iPhone 7 Plus and it was the only thing I updated. Noticed overheating within the first hour of playing MCOC running 19.0. The game along with home screen lags and even freezes. Phone has crashed and reset a few times on its own also when running MCOC. Deleted app, did a soft reset and a hard reset and phone was fine without MCOC app on it. Did a fresh install after another soft reset and a hard reset. Problems came back. Tested this out by repeating the same things on other two devices (iPhone 5S and iPad mini). Same problems occurred with overheating, lagging, screen freezing and phone/tablet crashing.

For a multimillion dollar company, Kabam can’t seem to program their app/game properly. Among other glitches and numerous bugs in game, every update causes problems from connection problems on you server side or server crashes, to overheating issues like this one currently, to just plain old bugs and glitches. Seems that nothing is fully tested before mass release. Kabam as a company already has a huge disconnect with the player base and community. Combine this with the blatant cash grabs with rip off offers, numerous programming issues, false advertising crystals, not giving playing players what they bought, expensive VAT pricing, turning a blind eye to cheating players and alliances, poor communication and player/user feedback falling on deaf ears, Kabam as a company is failing horribly and miserably to keep its community and paying/free to play player base happy or even have them feel important or respected. This is a recipe for disaster and a turning point for this company. Kabam needs to take a step back, talk to the community and actually listen, stop rolling out new content as quickly as people are getting burnt out with too many things to do in game, and actually just spend time to FIX all the numerous content bugs and glitches without further adding new bugs and issues. Fixing a game while breaking something else in the game isn’t a fix or solution at all.

I’m sure a majority of the player base would not mind a delay on new content if the result from said delay on things like, new AW season or monthly quests, was a polished, bug and glitch free game.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi Jkw634,

It sounds like you may be having some technical issues with your device. On researching this, it does seem that the Home Button is a known device issue. Please reach out to the device manufacture to see if they can assist you in trouble shooting your device.

You MUST be kidding me!!!!
    edited July 2018
    After the update, now the battery drained like hell!
    I'm using Android.
    Oh, must be Samsung's fault.
    Apparently Apple and Samsung decided to remotely injecting bug(s) to our phones (to diff users at diff parts of the Earth) right after MCoC's update to cause us all kind of problems?

Seriously?! Anyone with a BRAIN would know, all these issues affecting many player's diff model/manufacturer/OS/brand/make/etc phones/devices are having ONE SINGLE COMMON SYMPTOM, i.e. the same bl00dy pathetic poorly written update!
    However, looks like a BRAIN is sometimes non-existing in someone's head.

Unbelievable!
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi Jkw634,

It sounds like you may be having some technical issues with your device. On researching this, it does seem that the Home Button is a known device issue. Please reach out to the device manufacture to see if they can assist you in trouble shooting your device.

It's not a device manufacturer issue:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79065/new-19-0-update-phone-problems-merged-threads
  • cj_007cj_007 Posts: 14
    edited July 2018
    maybe they are mining bitcoin in background. because they need more $$$s.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    cj_007 wrote: »
    maybe they are mining bitcoin in background. because they need more $$$s.

Yeah after the slow day they had yesterday where they made about $500 per player I can see why they'd want some more money.
    Thank you KABAM AHAB for jailing me for commenting on your WRONG response.