**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Sabertooth Suck?

I spent real money yesterday and feel pretty bad about it. I bought the 4* Marvelous crystal deals and pulled Sabertooth twice. Seems I will never get IMIW (Iron Man is my favorite comic book character). No Domino. No Corvius or Proxima. I did pull Masacre and i’ve heard some good things about him.

I had originally heard good things about Sabertooth and I did reasearch and he seemed like a fine option. But play testing didn’t go so well. Am I missing something about him that’s great? What are his strengths and best uses in the game?

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Also forgot to mention that the point of the fury passives is they carry over from fight to fight, which is what makes his damage so impressive
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    So I have a dupped 4*&5* sig 120, He best shines on quest or long fights. my 5* is R3 and once I get him to 10 or more fury he's melting through enemies, down side is I think after a fight where he has 15 fury it resets. Great defender especially awakened and on health regen node. I think Id see a damage increase at R4 5* that would be significant.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Also forgot to mention that the point of the fury passives is they carry over from fight to fight, which is what makes his damage so impressive

Hmm. Is he a solid AQ option? I would likely have another boss killer (SL) and Sentinel killer (Angela ❤️) with him.
    G0311 wrote: »
    So I have a dupped 4*&5* sig 120, He best shines on quest or long fights. my 5* is R3 and once I get him to 10 or more fury he's melting through enemies, down side is I think after a fight where he has 15 fury it resets. Great defender especially awakened and on health regen node. I think Id see a damage increase at R4 5* that would be significant.

Is he worth a 5/50 as a 4*? I have a wealth of mutant cats and aside for 5* AA (unawakened do waiting) I don’t have much to use them on.

Wrong about the 15 fury reset thing, it resets after he runs out of persistent charges

If you play well, you can get max 5 passive furies each fight for anywhere between 3-6 fights depending on luck (it's determined randomly), and you can tell how many are left by seeing how many persistent charges he has
    Once it's at 0, you'll need to restart
    PureRage13 wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »

Hmm. Is he a solid AQ option? I would likely have another boss killer (SL) and Sentinel killer (Angela ❤️) with him.

I feel like he would be, but I only have a 3* so I can't say for sure
    Maybe @G0311 can give you advice on that
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Sabertooth is the mutant version of Moringstar. It takes a couple fights for him to be good. My best gameplay tip for you is to only use specials if you have a temporary Fury. He is also Coldsnap immune, making him useful vs. Iceman. And he is NOT dupe dependent (his dupe allows him to get his health back when struck though).
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited July 2018
    2qaq28i1x771.png
    1ocdxnusrpld.png
    syowdwju4vv1.png

These are from me playing around in ROL with my R4 sabretooth. No suicides. First is from his third hit crit during a L2, second is a medium attack crit, second is a light atttack crit. This is really best case fully buffed with class advantage.

Could be better case I suppose if within Assassin range. Still, Sabretooth is straight beast mode if you are diligent to play him correctly to keep accumulating passive fury buffs.
    GNASTY wrote: »
    2qaq28i1x771.png
    1ocdxnusrpld.png
    syowdwju4vv1.png

These are from me playing around in ROL with my R4 sabretooth. No suicides. First is from his third hit crit during a L2, second is a medium attack crit, second is a light atttack crit. This is really best case fully buffed with class advantage.

Could be better case I suppose if within Assassin range. Still, Sabretooth is straight beast mode if you are diligent to play him correctly to keep accumulating passive fury buffs.

Thank you. I’ll spend some more time getting to know his play style. I’m glad I didn’t flush money down the toilet.
  • 98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    No
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Well kabam ruined him for masochism because they combined it with cornered on 30. Just a terrible node. Poorly conceived.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    PureRage13 wrote: »

Is he worth a 5/50 as a 4*? I have a wealth of mutant cats and aside for 5* AA (unawakened do waiting) I don’t have much to use them on.

Yes especially if you have extra
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    He also makes Oldman Logan more viable
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Sabertooth is the mutant version of Moringstar. It takes a couple fights for him to be good. My best gameplay tip for you is to only use specials if you have a temporary Fury. He is also Coldsnap immune, making him useful vs. Iceman. And he is NOT dupe dependent (his dupe allows him to get his health back when struck though).

Sabertooth has big 2 flaws (IMO) keeping him a tier or 2 below MS.
    1. He loses his furies (3 to 6 fights). MS never loses his souls. MS is god tier with 5 souls.. no reseting
    2. Sabertooth’s regen is awful. Need to Get hit to gain back a small fraction over 25 secs. This is a poor mechanism for a multi fight ramp up champ
    MS life steals with 5 souls.

Best exampl is the uncollected TriumpANT event.
    MS can solo it and get hit. Sabertooth cant unless you’re perfect.