**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

About death matches. Why did this one trigger this difficulty?

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
20xmtkhb7bjr.png
ixwp7ljmtwwt.png
7elrt89nkgdm.png

Comments

• Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Youre to early to be using low range champs. Match 20 minimum to prevent this :)
    Also, be ware you can still trigger death matches after match 20. Teams of all 1/25 5* and 3/30 4* have the potential to be below threshold and trigger a death match.
  • Options
    Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    It happens sometimes. Based off pi
    pggsv0cde9me.png
  • Options
    CrawlingChaosCrawlingChaos Posts: 13
    I used to be able to go down through my roster all the way to teams of 3/30 4*s and 1/25 5*s and haven't tripped a death match in over a year. Since the new milestones have been added I have consistently tripped death matches using any heroes under 3300 pi.

Seems liked they've adjusted the trigger point.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I had the same thing happen on the exact same round yesterday on the first of the new milestone t4b. 15th, historically you could always use 3x r4 4* or r2 5*. I had 3x r2 5*, team pi of 12k, and got death squad.

Will just use my 5 teams of r5 4* for the 16-20 streak range, then go back to all of my r2 5* teams.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Youre to early to be using low range champs. Match 20 minimum to prevent this :)
    Also, be ware you can still trigger death matches after match 20. Teams of all 1/25 5* and 3/30 4* have the potential to be below threshold and trigger a death match.

I got a death squad at match 26 yesterday so saying after 20 isn't right.
    Kabam have changed it and need to tell us they have
  • Options
    Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    This is what I use ever time and have never failed since they changed the format of the arenas. Use r5 4* until you get the x3 bonus, then start from the lowest 5* teams you have to the highest. I probably have a deeper roster than most so I can pull this off. I've also found that after refresh mixing one low 5* with two stronger ones, r3 r4, works well also. You'll still run into the r5 5* and maybe worse case go 2-1. Again, this may not work for everyone but I find it easy.
  • Options
    PImpDaddyPImpDaddy Posts: 16
    Do you run with suicide masteries?
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Also, after i cleared the 2mil milestone, i did a test run of my two 5* teams that werent fully r2 or higher. Both were 1x r2 and 2x r1 5*. Both got normal teams, in the 34-35 streak range
  • Options
    I've never bought into mixing in a 3* or 4* or worrying about Pi. To me, that's just giving away a fight. And if you are that worried about it, boost.
  • Options
    w97l9v8cwybf.png
  • Options
    JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    Where have you all been for the past 3 months.

People have multiple r5 5* now. That impacts the matchmaking algorithm to make death matches more likely when you have really low Pi champs. Kabam has said this many times.

Don’t use r2 5* between matches 16-19, then you’re fine to use any 5*, but try and match a high pi one in with your lower ones to reduce the risk
  • Options
    JoMama999 wrote: »
    Where have you all been for the past 3 months.

People have multiple r5 5* now. That impacts the matchmaking algorithm to make death matches more likely when you have really low Pi champs. Kabam has said this many times.

Don’t use r2 5* between matches 16-19, then you’re fine to use any 5*, but try and match a high pi one in with your lower ones to reduce the risk

What his guy said. Theres lot of folks with 2-3 r5 5* and tons of r4. Im assuming most of these people havent done t1a or t4b in ages and are just starting again thanks to the increased milestones.

As much as I looooove ragging on Kabam, the change in the win streak methodology was created by players at the top progressing. Not Kabam.

In addition, using a 2/35 and 2 1/25 or a 4/40 and 2 3/30 will elimate the r isk for the most part.

I got a death squad at match 26 yesterday so saying after 20 isn't right.
    Kabam have changed it and need to tell us they have[/quote]

More information is needed. What team did you use? 3 1/25 5* or 3 3/30 4*? If so, reread the thread. You can't do that safely anymore.
  • Options
    DoctorJ wrote: »

I take every 5* at least to 2/35 to prevent this. The 4* is r4 40.

Forgot to address this, it doesnt matter. You were to early to be using low pi champs. Should be using minimum 5/50 or 3/45 all the way to match 20. Least in my experience.
  • Options
    ace007venturaace007ventura Posts: 29
    Faced a death match where I shouldn't have. 96l4pxvlflge.png
  • Options

Read the 3 posts directly above yours. They directly address your statement.
  • Options
    ace007venturaace007ventura Posts: 29
    JoMama999 wrote: »

Read the 3 posts directly above yours. They directly address your statement.

I didn't get a deathmatch using the same team before. Notice that the streak is ar 228.

Second, I then used another team with a lower P.I and didn't get a deathmatch.
  • Options
    Arena matching is not an exact science. It’s a probability algorithm. The chances of a death match at any streak is now higher than it used to be.

Just don’t bring low Pi champs and you will be fine
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    I found using 2 3/30 with a 4/40 with a pi of at least 12k with suicides prevents this