**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW tier downgraded again

B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
Wtf. Kabam just downgraded us again in AW rankings. And once again we cannot get any answers. The only new recruits we have just came in to the alliance 2 days ago and have not done AW yet. Everyone else has been with us for several months. Kabam will you please give us a way to know who is screwing up our AW. How do we solve the problem if you won’t tell us what it is. It makes no sense.

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Wtf. Kabam just downgraded us again in AW rankings. And once again we cannot get any answers. The only new recruits we have just came in to the alliance 2 days ago and have not done AW yet. Everyone else has been with us for several months. Kabam will you please give us a way to know who is screwing up our AW. How do we solve the problem if you won’t tell us what it is. It makes no sense.

Well, I guess you can eliminate the new recruits as being the culprits.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Thanks for clearing that up bro.
  • TinoMiaTinoMia Posts: 56
    B, I got the same email today. Like what violation of the TOS and who? The email is so vague. And the response I get from Kabam is they’re experiencing many issues like mine so they may not be able to answer individually. Wtf?!
  • Titan_MikeTitan_Mike Posts: 14
    My current alliance and my previous one both got the same notice and downgraded 300pts. None of us pilot for each other or use any illegal cheats or anything. And like everyone else, we just want to know what exactly the violation was so that we can handle it accordingly. This kind of customer interaction is unprofessional.

Kabam, you really need to get your sh*t together. Get it all together, and put it in a backpack.
    So we found out someone was during bluestacks. He did not play the game with it. Just used for alliance war defense setup. He said it was easier to see on bigger screen. He was banned for a month. So in case anyone wasn’t aware that does violate TOS I guess.
  • AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    What the biggest problem I predict with all this is going to be is this. 1st of all many many players only play this game daily as there friends encourage them 2. With this new found change I see coming in which appears to me like kabam have bowed down to certain demands without speaking as a whole to its player base.and there now punishing people on grounds they made something unfair. Now I’d understand if let’s say a team had an above average god in there who was smashing all nodes he faced with ease not dying and making a war 1 sided. This I could see as been unfair but my argument them would be this. We all know the mechanics of the game and what a team requires to keep its members happy. Let’s say for example your friend you played with for let’s say 3years every day you know them outside of the game and they encounter some difficulty in life which means they can’t play all of a sudden. Ie there child has just been taken by ambulance to hospital and your team will now fail all it’s hard work as a result. This will upset members who will leave cause you didn’t clear or will upset or cause arguments. So let’s say a lesser skilled person player who’s also friends of the person unable to now play so been a life friend as well as a gaming friend that friend says don’t worry I’ll move you for a few days till your life is back on track. You use no mod no cheat and heal when you get beaten down. How does this make anything unfair ? That’s just a friend helping a friend and avoiding un necessary friction within a team. So you have to the draw a line I think. Cause this recent proposal will not just clamp down on a small few who pilot for gain (greed will consume you) or to look good but this will also massively interfier with a friend simply helping a friend when skill is equal or less when they simply can’t play. The way mcoc is set is you must have no life play 24hr a day or accept you won’t ever move up or have things to progress. This then removes the fun aspect and also removes friends simply helping friends when life steps in. I see this new found changes set to split up many many long standing friends destroy alliances and cause mass amounts of quitting. What fun is a game if you simply can’t helo your friend when the game promotes helping each other ? Not very fun at all. I bet if it was taken to a full player base vote many many people would vote for been able to help a friend in this way. But it’s also something that can’t be correctly governed so people will exploit it. But to be fair the people who always seek out exploits will continue to do that anyways in any way they can it’s in there blood. But in taking action in this manner your also removing so much innocence which also occurs within this contest and I see it massively reducing player base. But this is just my thoughts. Don’t listen to jailed spidey Gwen I’m jailed for a reason lol
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    So we found out someone was during bluestacks. He did not play the game with it. Just used for alliance war defense setup. He said it was easier to see on bigger screen. He was banned for a month. So in case anyone wasn’t aware that does violate TOS I guess.

Bummer. He could have used a cable and connected to the TV instead of an emulator though, no? Technically, setting up war defense with it, is part of playing the game. Not trying to be condescending about it, but we can't compartmentalize that doing something against the TOS is OK, just because it's minor in our thinking.

Is the TOS posted anywhere easy to find? It should be, if it's not. I had to Google it.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

That's what he said.

Just setting up defense , lol.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

That's what he said.

That's what she said, "just setting up defense".

Man I want Hellcow.
  • BossdogBossdog Posts: 30
    We haven't gotten an email but looking at our war rating between this war and last we suddenly dropped 300 points! Is this a bug or do we have someone violating TOS at least send us an in game mail saying hey we dropped you bc violation of TOS then we know but right now we know nothing except the fact that we have a lower war rating and dropped significantly in tiers. A little help here kabam

That's what he said.

It makes sense. He wasn’t even one of the top guys in the alliance. We got hit before by a guy who we could tell was cheating. But this guy wasn’t killing bosses or anything so I would say I believe him.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Bummer. He could have used a cable and connected to the TV instead of an emulator though, no? Technically, setting up war defense with it, is part of playing the game. Not trying to be condescending about it, but we can't compartmentalize that doing something against the TOS is OK, just because it's minor in our thinking.

Part of the reason why emulator use has a relatively zero tolerance policy is because using emulators allows you to tamper with the game in ways extremely difficult to detect because you have complete control of the environment the game runs in. The whole reason why emulators are banned is not because emulators offer an advantage, it is because emulators make it almost impossible to detect cheating. So it is the emulators themselves that have to be banned.
    Is the TOS posted anywhere easy to find? It should be, if it's not. I had to Google it.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html

In the game settings screen (the little gear upper left corner) on the left side panel if you scroll it downward below the button that leads to the support pages are links to among other things the terms of service and the privacy policy.