**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Alliance quest compensation rewards

Comments

• Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Wait a second, so our rewards are now based on how we did in AQ this week? You guys clearly said play or don't play, basically it would not matter. Now I feel my alliance will get screwed again.

Just reward the alliances based on the previous week when AQ was working as intended.
  • KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
    Well sorry but I’m missing out on glory store **** I need everything gets more expensive man when u buy more if ur waiting a whole week then and if I would want to get my stuff it be crazy unreasonably expensive after awhile so please take that into consideration like 2 fully formed t4 basics and 3 t1 alfas at minimum
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    What are all of you gonna do when they do change rewards to peak milestones??? Then you dont get any glory till after AQ ends?
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    I love how everyone acts like its the end of the world cause they arent getting their compensation now.
    You guys complain when Kabam doesnt double check their work, but when they do, you damn them to hell.
    Stay classy mcoc members ;)

You do realize all the ranks are already finalized. They know what ranks go into each bracket. It’s not that hard...
    If you have ever done any database coding in your life and i assume you havent, its not always that simple. Let them do what they need to do. Complaining aint gonna speed up anything.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    What are all of you gonna do when they do change rewards to peak milestones??? Then you dont get any glory till after AQ ends?

It seems to me that you are the one who doesn’t get it.

And I doubt ANYBODY likes the peak reward system that is being forced on us. I sure don’t.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    This is ridiculous. An extended period of time with significantly less glory. Alliances being ranked down last AQ and/or this AQ for competitions that weren’t clearly announced. And on top of lesser rewards due to that, they refuse to adjust glory store prices or give any compensation whatsoever for their delays. It’s been a solid week of horrendous customer service
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I love how everyone acts like its the end of the world cause they arent getting their compensation now.
    You guys complain when Kabam doesnt double check their work, but when they do, you damn them to hell.

You do realize all the ranks are already finalized. They know what ranks go into each bracket. It’s not that hard...
    If you have ever done any database coding in your life and i assume you havent, its not always that simple. Let them do what they need to do. Complaining aint gonna speed up anything.

I am not complaining. I am simply pointing out they should stop giving dates when they know full well they won’t deliver. That way the community stops getting upset when Kabam misses the mark and the mods don’t have to deal with the backlash. It’s a win-win.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

Um ration it out across the week. But I can’t ration what I don’t have, so I’m just missing out buying a little here and there like I will once Peak gets here.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

It might if they put in some extra hours because we complained...
  • Darrellz2161Darrellz2161 Posts: 83
    Im sorry to have to wait another week for resources that are needed now is stupid and annoying i hope they take in account the progression loss due to having to wait for things that are needed.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    I just dont get why yall are so inpatient. Like kabam has been giving out compensation like crazy lately. And yall gotta cry about waiting for more

They've given two rounds of compensation for the 4+ major screw-ups they've have in the span of 1 week.
    DukeZman wrote: »

You seem to not understand that this isn’t compensation. This is missed milestones and rank rewards we should have normally already had, so yeah I’m impatient. I’ve waited too long already for resources I need.

Yeah it’s been tough, especially with pots that refresh everyday. I think as a gesture of good will they should remove the increased cost of items for at least a week to allow us to stock up on items we otherwise weren’t able to without the glory.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    ASV27 wrote: »
    I just dont get why yall are so inpatient. Like kabam has been giving out compensation like crazy lately. And yall gotta cry about waiting for more

They've given two rounds of compensation for the 4+ major screw-ups they've have in the span of 1 week.

They've given two that were resolved. We're discussing the third, which will be resolved and paid out next week, and the last one, the reason most things are delayed right now, is not resolved yet. When it is, I'm sure they'll look at it then. This isn't the solution people want, but it's really not that hard to understand when looking at the other side. Things take time and effort, and a great deal of their efforts right now are being spent trying to form a Build that won't overheat phones. Quite obviously it's costing everyone money and time, and so much of The Contest is affected by the number of people on iOS who can't play. I get that people are upset, but they will get them out to us.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    I'm aaauming all of the issue with everyone being put down to normal accidentally is a result of some artifact of code left in place for the new system with no brackets that was delayed. My concern now is will we be seeing a return to normal bracket again in 3 days assuming the new system will still be delayed at that point? Apologies if this was already covered somewhere else.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Hopefully they come soon
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    @Kabam Miike What will happen in 3 days? Will people be placed back into the brackets they were previously in before he next alliance begins? It’s not even possible for people to move from normal to expert tier in one week (they would need to go to advanced first). We didn’t do high maps this week because of this situation, and we had moved up to expert tier for the very first time ever (we had been in advanced tier for over a year). Now, with 22 mil points during this AQ, we must remain in Normal tier next week too? We have never fallen into normal tier with a 22 mil score. It doesn’t seem right we should have to spend another week earning Map 1 and 2 crystals. I thought allinacw tank would be corrected. If nobody moves back up to expert tier it doesn’t seem corrected. I know it’s a difficult situation, but isn’t there some way to put the top 3,800 alliances back up into expert, the top however many back into advanced, etc.? We would have fallen from expert back down into advanced under the “correct” system.
    @Kabam Miike What will happen in 3 days? Will people be placed back into the brackets they were previously in before he next alliance begins? It’s not even possible for people to move from normal to expert tier in one week (they would need to go to advanced first). We didn’t do high maps this week because of this situation, and we had moved up to expert tier for the very first time ever (we had been in advanced tier for over a year). Now, with 22 mil points during this AQ, we must remain in Normal tier next week too? We have never fallen into normal tier with a 22 mil score. It doesn’t seem right we should have to spend another week earning Map 1 and 2 crystals. I thought allinacw tank would be corrected. If nobody moves back up to expert tier it doesn’t seem corrected. I know it’s a difficult situation, but isn’t there some way to put the top 3,800 alliances back up into expert, the top however many back into advanced, etc.? We would have fallen from expert back down into advanced under the “correct” system.

They’re introducing their new peak milestone system so brackets are now irrelevant.

They’re introducing their new peak milestone system so brackets are now irrelevant.

Really? Last I read they hadn’t fixed the overheating issue. Can you please send me the announcement that these changes have been resolved and are being introduced in the next 24 hours @Viper1987 ? Because I still thought they were enrolling for the beta!
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    e2op7ubcwbla.png

And there it is. We get over 100 million a week running map 5 for two years and because kabam started the week off with a dumpster fire, here’s our rewards! Forget the normal full tier 4 basic or those greater glory crystals. Hope you had fun, you should have known better!

Never spending another cent on this game. What an absolute joke of a decision this was.
    Thank you @Viper1987 🙂 I am happy to hear that.
  • StokesXCStokesXC Posts: 38
    Since when does it take a week to gather the information ... I lost out on alot of glory and have t2a expiring and no glory to buy t1a ur really bumming me out
  • StokesXCStokesXC Posts: 38
    Since when does it take a week to gather the information ... I lost out on alot of glory and have t2a expiring and no glory to buy t1a ur really bumming me out
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Hey all,

This is not the compensation that we announced earlier this week, this is simply the rewards from this current rounds of Alliance Quests. We still have to collect and calculate the data required to determine your individual Alliance's compensation, and this could not be done until the Alliance Quest was over. This will not be complete until next week.

We are calculating the compensation rewards based on the first Alliance you were with when you contributed points towards this series of Alliance Quests. If you want to leave you Alliance, you can do so and will still receive your compensation package.

In two different threads (1. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81047/no-aq-compensation-received/p1?new=1 and 2. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81423/question-about-alliance-quest-brackets-correction#latest) I explained that I did not receive the prior Compensation Package from the Alliance Quest Outage. When contacting your support team they explained that because I changed my team I am not allowed to receive the Compensation (even though I was on a team and experienced the issues, which support can see and acknowledges). But in your posting it is explained that people who do leave a team will be able to gain the Compensation.

According to support, if you leave a team then they are completely unable to track you anymore for team rewards or compensation. Is this incorrect? Because it seems like it could be a major issue if people are looking to move teams or, if needed, kick players but in effect greatly cost them rewards. I know what you have posted, but this contradicts what my recent experience was and what support is claiming is possible.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    It’s shabby, and it isn’t what they promised, but what are you going to do? Anyone who’s been around the game for awhile knows that for every “give” from Kabam there seems to be at least a couple of “takes” as well. They broke AQ, they broke the game and then they broke phones. It’s been a bad few weeks, and it doesn’t sound like they have a silver bullet.

I’m not excusing it. I’m just exhausted. I play the game and it feels like quicksand. When I shut it down, other apps lock up until I let my phone rest. It’s not a good place to be, so focusing on a weekend with minimal MCoC intrusion is welcome relief.

Dr. Zola
  • FuriousmasterFuriousmaster Posts: 16
    Please make things Clear to us we were top 80 Aq so will we receive the same rewards as before issues ? And all milestones and glory rewards of 135 millions scores ? Éven if we did only 46 millions this week because of the issue there wasan’t nessesaary to hit more points ? And what about the donations we have payed to the alliance for doing map6 207million gold 17000loyalty.40000bc Hhhhm? I left my alliance and quit the game untill it will be fixed @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Brandonius wrote: »

It seems to me that you are the one who doesn’t get it.

And I doubt ANYBODY likes the peak reward system that is being forced on us. I sure don’t.

I'll take that bet. Not only did some people already actually *say* that they were fine with it, there's a lot of good reasons to like it starting with the elimination of brackets and thus promotions and demotions, and the fact that every alliance that participates in AQ is likely to get a lot more rewards out of AQ. The delay in rewards is problematic, and I suggested ways to eliminate that problem, but the problems associated with the system don't override the reward improvements for everyone.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Catherine wrote: »
    Funny you get aq rewards within about 4 hours of aq ending but its going to take a week to compensate with last weeks tier rewards. Im glad ive decided not to spend on game anymore,, now i just need to buy some real high boots cause its really getting deep kabam!!!!

The system automatically sent out what we Ranked as it is now. Gathering the data and placing it in the appropriate Brackets in scale will take manual effort. Takes time.

They should be afforded time to do those calculations, although to be blunt given the scope of the work either I could do it in an afternoon, or I couldn't do it at all. You've got about fifty thousand alliances in the game, more or less, and either the amount of points they earned this week exists in a form you can extract, in which case the calculations to determine rank compensation would take a few minutes to script up, or that data isn't available in a way you can extract in which case I couldn't do this at all in any reasonable amount of time. A separate query would generate a list of players and the first alliance they contributed points to in the current AQ week, which we already know they can extract because that's how they already announced they were going to determine compensation.

It occurs to me there's a peculiar exploit possible given the way they are doing rank compensation that I doubt it would occur to anyone to try. It is also something only possible in certain corner cases, but still, I doubt if the person who thought it up gave it any consideration.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Catherine wrote: »
    Funny you get aq rewards within about 4 hours of aq ending but its going to take a week to compensate with last weeks tier rewards. Im glad ive decided not to spend on game anymore,, now i just need to buy some real high boots cause its really getting deep kabam!!!!

The system automatically sent out what we Ranked as it is now. Gathering the data and placing it in the appropriate Brackets in scale will take manual effort. Takes time.

They should be afforded time to do those calculations, although to be blunt given the scope of the work either I could do it in an afternoon, or I couldn't do it at all. You've got about fifty thousand alliances in the game, more or less, and either the amount of points they earned this week exists in a form you can extract, in which case the calculations to determine rank compensation would take a few minutes to script up, or that data isn't available in a way you can extract in which case I couldn't do this at all in any reasonable amount of time. A separate query would generate a list of players and the first alliance they contributed points to in the current AQ week, which we already know they can extract because that's how they already announced they were going to determine compensation.

It occurs to me there's a peculiar exploit possible given the way they are doing rank compensation that I doubt it would occur to anyone to try. It is also something only possible in certain corner cases, but still, I doubt if the person who thought it up gave it any consideration.

Interested in a Subcontract? XD