**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Current heroes got me Thinking back to Magneto, Dr Strange, Thor nerf...

With some of the insane characters we have in the game now (people showing videos of some characters hitting special attacks for +200K) it is shocking to think Magneto, Thor and Dr Strange were nerfed and aren’t available as 5 or 6 star champions (besides Magneto).

I’d love to see them restored to their pre-nerf status and be released as 6* as I don’t believe they would be overpowered (Magneto wasn’t op anyway) in the current game

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Slickpetey when was Magneto nerfed? The Strange nerf will always bother me because we were lied to. We were told that he would still be a top champ after the nerf, just closer to the pack.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Magneto's SP1 chance of hitting two bleeds was breaking the game so it was fixed.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Scarlet witch needed the changes she got as she was basically a giant cheat code for most content, but she is still amazing and most definitely deserves to be a five or six star champion as well.

The others were straight up garbage lies and the community honestly accepted it for reasons that are still beyond me. Black Widows special 2 at her best day pre 12.0 is nothing compared to Domino right now. Dr Strange was straight up murdered and completely had his regen ripped away with a sliver of its previous ability, and we’ve seen that ability in multiple characters including the one on every top players avatar right now. Ant Man and magneto for some reason got changed when they weren’t even close to god tier before 12.0 even happened and they continue to be completely ridiculously nerfed when already mediocre before. Sometimes the logic and decisions and especially the excuse from Kabam just astound me, and this would be one of those times.

The last year alone has shown champions like Archangel, Domino, Blade, Stark Spidey, both infinity war versions of iron man and cap, Corvus, and more - all AMAZING champions. If we were going by the logic pre 12.0 and somehow they were all in the game before that update debacle, then by the same nerfing logic on SW/Thor/BW/DS we would have seen all of those I listed absolutely be destroyed too.

That’s just an example of course, and I think at least they learned something from the fallout of that whole scandal, which is why I am worried when I see little sneaky changes happening to AA and Drax and others as the months go by now. I feel like they just think they can do it slower and maybe everyone won’t riot as badly as they did when it happened all at once in a big swath of nerfs.

They really should make this right, but as I learned over the years with this company, it’s worthless to expect it or hold my breath on any of them getting some return to former glory.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Let’s not forget how old school aw with regen scaling had ultron as boss back then. The counter to that was dr strange and magneto for heal block. What did they do they changed both champs hits into energy based damage and ultron would absorb it.