**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Replace War Victor Crystal

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Its been a long time since wars were new in the game and yet the rewards in the war victor and loss crystals remain the same. When it was introduced this crystal may have awarded appropriate rewards, but this is no longer the case. Getting two pieces of ISO, a 3* arena boost or a sig +1 stone for winning a war is pretty much a kick in the behind for summoners that are at high levels of play in this game. When we win a war, we should have the opportunity to get some rare items from the crystal, not a bunch of items that we could get by playing solo events. So, here are a few ideas that I have had.
First and foremost I don't think that the crystal can remain the same between tiers. There needs to be a way to award everyone with rewards that match their level of play instead of just a one size fits all approach that favors new players. So my first idea is to create tiers of victory and loss crystals. Have 3-4 different crystals that have rewards appropriate to the players in the respective tiers. This leads into my next idea. Make these victor crystals a real selling point for war so that alliances have a heavy incentive to win the war, and stay in their appropriate tiers (this could help prevent tanking and collusion). One of my ideas for this crystal would be to have a rare chance at exclusive 5* champs such as Dr. Strange, Thor, Scarlet Witch, and probably some of the not so great champs from the old days (Only in the higher tiers of course). In the lower tiers they could offer rare chances at 4* characters, kind of like the uncollected daily crystal. The war loss crystal would of course not have this chance at character drops, so it would give alliances a good incentive for winning.
These are just some of my random ideas that I think would make wars a little bit more worth our time and effort, and would also generate more competition (not that we need more of it). If nothing else though, the war crystals needs to have an update to all of the useless items that it contains. For players like me with 30+ 5* champs a 3* arena boost does absolutely nothing for me. We need the rewards to be updated with 5* sig stones, 5* arena boosts, and level 3 and level 4 champion health potions. None of this 325 health stuff anymore because that is only a little over 1% of our 5* characters base health (at r4)... So with the 15 item limit it renders these potions completely useless.
Once again, I realize Kabam has bigger issues to solve currently, but perhaps once those are finished, this topic can be brought up. Maybe we can also get some information on this from @Kabam Miike or @Ad0ra_ because I know I have seen other people talk about this on the forums. Feel free to leave your own ideas here on how to improve the war victor crystal, or critiques on my idea.

Comments

• Options
    Mooey69Mooey69 Posts: 14
    Agreed, a war victor crystal should award something that is actually related to war, A 3* arena boost has nothing to do with the war
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    They took 3 years to revamp the rewards for 1 day events and added 2500 gold and an arena crystal to them ... i have no hope of getting rid of antiquated reward systems in this game

I think the good news, however, is that they seem to be more aware of how their old content is lacking compared to the new stuff they keep releasing. I won't say I was very impressed with the updates to the 1 day events, but I suppose at least they tried... right?
  • Options
    _Mac_203_Mac_203 Posts: 40
    Spot on! No one wants to spend their items to win a war only to get ISO’s and a boosts from their victory crystal.
    Having the rewards be related to your tier is an excellent idea.
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    I support this 100%
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    I also think the level 1 alliance potions are very outdated and virtually worthless in the era of 6* champs with base health of many times the 250 pts. From daily uncollected crystals drops? Need to look at a conversion system like we had at one stage or even fragments to collect and convert like catalysts
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Yeah it has been suggested before and ignored. Those war crystal rewards are beyond atrocious, I pray for loyalty every time and I keep getting BS like ISO and 4* sig +1 stone (I didnt even know those were in the prize pool). In the previous thread I suggested they add stuff like

- 3 min AW boosts like the ones in store
    - champion, health and attack boosts
    - alliance health and revive pots (if they aren't in there already)

they should leave the class special boosts and loyalty but definitely remove the ISO, arena boosts and sig stones
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I have to agree that the prizes within the war victor crystals have been VERY OUT-DATED, and I personally have many DISAPPOINTING moments that after all those hardwork at war, when I popped open the crystal only to get useless low-amount or low-level boost or iso. I understand there are other rewards for AW, however, WAR CRYSTAL being one of the integrated part of the reward, should at least be looked at and revised.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    I don't think we need 5* sig stones or arena boosts in there although they would be great additions to the crystals. We need stuff that costs loyalty to counter the loyalty spend/gain rate. We spend more loyalty than we can gain especially if you go on a losing streak in AW.
  • Options
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I don't think we need 5* sig stones or arena boosts in there although they would be great additions to the crystals. We need stuff that costs loyalty to counter the loyalty spend/gain rate. We spend more loyalty than we can gain especially if you go on a losing streak in AW.

Yeah I was just throwing out suggestions that would be better than what we have currently, I don't really think 5* arena boosts should be in there. I still like the idea of something unique being in the War Victory Crystal like a rare 5* champ, but I'm not sure if that's something the developers at Kabam would ever consider.
  • Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    I have to agree that the prizes within the war victor crystals have been VERY OUT-DATED, and I personally have many DISAPPOINTING moments that after all those hardwork at war, when I popped open the crystal only to get useless low-amount or low-level boost or iso. I understand there are other rewards for AW, however, WAR CRYSTAL being one of the integrated part of the reward, should at least be looked at and revised.

I don't even usually look at the rewards when I pop open the crystal because I know I won't need them. I just open it and hit the back button right away. Very disappointing considering we work so hard to win the wars.
  • Options
    DjBabuDjBabu Posts: 42
    Agree with the idea to change rewards from war victory crystal