**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update on Parry and Pure Skill?

Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
I may have missed something but has there been ANY update on the parry timing and Pure Skill effectiveness? It's been about 4 months and no decisions have been made about these two items. What is going on? What updates have been made?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Parry has gotten worse with the last update. It's ridiculous. Want us to spend money? FIX THE GAME!
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Prior to 13.0 that parry for me has been fixed, I can now do a proper 5 hit combo & land a parry afterwards & can land most specials afterwards as well... Pure Skill? Idk only two fixes for it tbh refund the cost of points 4 and 5 and make it a 3/3 mastery or scale what you get at 3/5 to 5/5 and thus get screwed. They have already said you cant reduce something that is 100% reduced.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    They haven't responded in a meaningful way on pure skill. Same refund as LC and DE would work.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    xion360 wrote: »
    Prior to 13.0 that parry for me has been fixed, I can now do a proper 5 hit combo & land a parry afterwards & can land most specials afterwards as well... Pure Skill? Idk only two fixes for it tbh refund the cost of points 4 and 5 and make it a 3/3 mastery or scale what you get at 3/5 to 5/5 and thus get screwed. They have already said you cant reduce something that is 100% reduced.

I didn't have a parry problem until 13. Ugh...its horrible now. It changed in 12.0 but it was repeatable and I could adapt. It's all over the place now.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I think they have pretty much ignored the pure skill issue with some creative wording trying to say it works better now at r3, and anything above is pointless with the way crits now interact with armor. It's been ignored for so long it appears they just intent on letting it die and screw us out of the money we've spent on it
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    DaMunk wrote: »
    xion360 wrote: »

I didn't have a parry problem until 13. Ugh...its horrible now. It changed in 12.0 but it was repeatable and I could adapt. It's all over the place now.

between 12.0, 12.1, 13.0 I was unable to land a parry after 5 hit combos had to dash back instead and let them charge me to parry. since 13.1 It's much more fluid and I can land a parry directly after a 5 hit if the enemy strikes at me.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    Parry is definitely still broken and very annoying.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    They haven't responded in a meaningful way on pure skill. Same refund as LC and DE would work.

Yes they need some kind of compensation. Pure Skill was amazing before they broke the game with their ridiculous flat value system. While we are on the subject, they still haven't given us any meaningful information on how that system and the CR system even works.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    rwhack wrote: »

Yes they need some kind of compensation. Pure Skill was amazing before they broke the game with their ridiculous flat value system. While we are on the subject, they still haven't given us any meaningful information on how that system and the CR system even works.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    Did you even discuss Pure Skill with the game team? That whole conversation about how the Game Team was exploring Alternatives for reworking Pure Skill, was that real? If the game team worked on a solution for even a day, could you at least share whatever they came up with? It's been broken for 4 months and the game team has supposedly been working on resolving ithe issue for over 2 months. There has to be something you can tell us to reassure us that Kabam intends to address it at some point.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    When will we be getting an update on pure skill mastery that hasn't worked in the past 5 years like it's supposed to? We're still waiting on the compensation like we got for mystic dispersion!
This discussion has been closed.