**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Mordo combo ending in light attack [Closed]

CawnbreadCawnbread Posts: 19
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
For people who have Mordo have probably noticed if you finish a combo with a light attack instead of a medium you can't block in time to keep from getting hit. The only way to end a combo and not be hit back immediately is to finish with a medium. Now i imagine most people like to finish with a medium attack but when your in a a high map AQ or AW this bug is a problem. Your pretty much screwed if you mess up and finish with a light attack instead of a medium attack. Wondering if this issue will be addressed in the next patch
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,733 ★★★★★
    This particular quirk has been around since late last year. If I'm not mistaken, the game team and some players claim to have had trouble replicating the issue.

Some of us who were early Mordo owners that gave up on using him in anything other than arena and AW D suggested that the issue wouldn't get a full hearing until he was released in the crystal and arenas. From the looks of the posts in this section, I'm guessing that new Mordo owners aren't having any problems replicating this issue with Mordo.

Here's to hoping it finally gets the attention it merits.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with Mordo's combos when you end with a Light Attack. We would like to get a bit more info from you in order to investigate:

- Device type
    - OS type
    - What game mode you're in when you're encountering this issue
    - What specific Champions you are fighting against, if possible

We'll then look further into this and see if we can reproduce the issue.
  • Options
    I use Android it doesn't matter what mode I'm in AW,AQ,duel,our story mode its just general use of Mordo. If you finish your combo with a (light attack) which is his kick you can't block after. They are able to strike back immediately finishing with a medium throw the enemy back enough for you to get a block up. Also his shield pops up about .5 seconds after going into the block stance
  • Options
    Ive seen people say they do shorter combo which helps solve the problem. I have no problem with doing a 5 hit combo but i absolutely have to finish with his medium. Because it seems like his light attack for lack of a better word doesn't stagger the enemy long enough for you to get a block in
  • Options
    jeremy2811jeremy2811 Posts: 5
    This happens to ALL Mordos across device and platform. It has been reported by multiple players so it's most likely to be a game bug. I'm using iPad 2 and iPhone both running latest iOS and I encounter the same issue.
  • Options
    Just need to fix it ASAP using him in AW or AQ and your facing these extremely buffed opponents and they are able to get a full combo in and your virtually toast after.
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I am also having issues I have an iPhone 6s with the latest update of the game and ios. I can replicate this against any enemy I face with mordo ending a 5 hit combo with a light attack as long as the ai responds immediately. When the ai immediate attacks back after the combo ending with a light attack the us just not anytime to block before getting hit. It is clearly a glitch specific to mordo I have not ever seen this with any other champ and I have 60+ 4* champs at rank 3/30 or higher. I hope this helps address some of the issues to replicate the problem.
  • Options
    Hey all. The Game Team is currently investigating this issue, and are hoping to make some improvements in the coming release. Thank for bearing with us.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I am encountering the same issue.

3* Mordo, only fought with him in Arenas and low-level event quests against various champs
    Android Galaxy S7

Can't speak to the 4* or other fighting scenarios, since I haven't tried it.
  • Options
    Its happening with all Mordo across the board.
  • Options
    Would be nice if i could load a short 5 second video on here or on the the contact support page
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,733 ★★★★★
    Thank you for the attention Wolf.

I'm sure there are plenty of players who can provide videos if you need them. As I insinuated earlier, this has been a constant problem since Mordo came out last winter. While I realize there are some players who have less of a problem with it, it remains an issue for a significant group of us.

My device is a 7+ running 10.3.2 on high speed wifi connections (for the most part), and I tend to experience the "inability to block/parry after MLLLL combo" in all facets of the game.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey OP, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with Mordo's combos when you end with a Light Attack. We would like to get a bit more info from you in order to investigate:

- Device type
    - OS type
    - What game mode you're in when you're encountering this issue
    - What specific Champions you are fighting against, if possible

We'll then look further into this and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Hi there Kabam Wolf. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to you, but this comment really irked me and I'll tell you why.

First of all, I tried going to the Old Forums so that I could reference an old post that was made by either Adora or Kabam Miike, but I have been unable to access the Old Forums. In a post in the Old Forums that announced the New Forums, they basically said that one of the things that was going to make the New Forums more helpful (for you guys) is that they would "link" our in-game account directly to our Forum Account, so that you guys would now have the capability to see all of the information about our in-game accounts such as Device Type, OS Type, and more specific details and logs associated with our in-game accounts.

If this is true, then I find it very... annoying that you would ask the player for this information when you should already have access to it. Asking them for this information, when you already have it, is a delaying technique that allows you to buy more time to avoid giving a "real" answer about the issue.

If I am incorrect about my interpretation of having access to all of this information, then I apologize. In this case, perhaps a good thing to have in the Forum under our User Profile would be several fields that we can manually input this information into our profile and update it every so often so that we can avoid being asked this very annoying and unnecessary question just to delay giving any real response. Alternatively, if we could include quotes at the bottom of each comment like we could in the old forum, then at least I would include all of this information, to include the date that I last updated it, so that I would never have to be asked this.

Thank you.

• Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    This bug among the countless other issues is very frustrating to say the lease, I really wish they would give a better idea of when these bugs are going to fixed besides "it should be fixed in the next patch or update". The game has tons of issues for more than a month now and they state the same it will be fixed BUT WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?
  • Options
    JTuroJTuro Posts: 2
    Also, I don't think anyone mentioned, while he can block after a combo ending with a medium attack, he still cannot parry. And he is too slow evading back. He can easily get struck while evading. it's not an issue of device. A few people in my alliance with different devices. And they all have the same issue.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the extra information everyone has provided on this issue. Since the game team is currently testing some improvements for this that will hopefully come with the next update, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for your patience while we work on this!
This discussion has been closed.