**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has there ever been a monthly as tedious and terribly orchestrated as this micro realm nonsense

Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
The term" Pym cannister " makes me wanna punch somebody I'm the face

Comments

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Modoks labs was actually fun to me idk
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    edited July 2018
    at least you get 3 tries for good 5* from dungeon, it's a very hard and tedious grind, but for some people it might be worth it (I got Hyperion :wink: ), while this trash event, I did heroic master and uncollected in very painful update where it heats up your device every 10m, and what did I get from all of that?
    3600 t2af -3600 t2af - 3600t2af
    SMH!!
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Stark assignments
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Dungeons
    Rifts
    Stark Assignments
    Mercenary Missions
    Valor missions

Were all terrible, there is more I don't remember them ATM anytime they try to do something different they end up messing up and making them boring uninteresting which gives you terrible rewards.

• ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    This is the opposite side of things but the one I remember most fondly was Rockets Workshop, that was actually useful and allowed you a nice array of choices. My account improved a lot with the help of that.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Dungeons had decent rewards (Claimed 2 4* Crystals from them. I got a 4* Ghost Rider from the first crystal and then awakened him with the second) but they were just awful time consumers and at times frustrating.

I don't mind the microrealms quests but just wish there were better rewards
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    The absolute worst.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Vanquishing blows were not that bad. I created my second account during November event and getting the vanquishing blows beginner milestones was super easy, even with a small roster. Those rewards were quite useful at the time(since i had just started that account) and i grew quite fast. Or at least faster than i would have if i started during other months with modok's lab, rifts...
    At least the vanquishing blow rewards are better than modok's lab beginner rewards(well, to a beginner).
    Vanquishing blows had: greater/lesser solo crystal shards, units, t1cc, iso, gold and valor
    And what did modok's lab(beginner) have?
    +1 Sig stones and iso.
    But instead of all these,
    Dungeons
    Rifts
    Stark Assignments
    Mercenary Missions
    Valor missions

Were all terrible, there is more I don't remember them ATM anytime they try to do something different they end up messing up and making them boring uninteresting which gives you terrible rewards.

You know what they should have? Halls of fortune/healing. Instead of a daily reset, they could have it in the monthly EQ format, rewarding gold for completion and exploration. And in the 5 difficulties.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited July 2018

Very much this. More power to you Bapoi. And to anyone who has faced up to this horrible disease in all its forms.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★

Very much this. More power to you Bapoi. And to anyone who has faced up to this horrible disease in all its forms.
    Thanks @SgtSlaughter78 , but my entire reply was removed for being non-constructive. Calling people out is apparently not done.

On a constructive note, I thoroughly like these realms. Small additional effort, and the pay-off is well within what goes along with said effort.
    For me, it’s far far better than doing small quests every so many hours for far less pay-off.

Vanquishing blows to me felt restrictive, making me have to do certain quests with certain champs to get all out of it. There was no fun in it for me.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I don't understand the hate for the micro realms. I quite like them.

At first, the only places to get Pym canisters were the 4* Featured arena and the monthly event quests...I do both of those anyway. There has been no extra effort to obtain enough Pym canisters to run the master micro realm 5 times. In those 5 runs, I received:

7000 5* Shards
    10,800 T2 Alpha Fragments

The only extra effort that was put in was the 60 energy per run to actually run through the micro realm, which really isn't a big deal as I normally have a few days of energy leftover anyway once all difficulties of the monthly event quest have been explored. And even if it was close, they give us energy refills in alliance events now, so I wouldn't even have to shell out units to run these.

Now they added in Pym canisters to the daily events, some of which I run on a regular basis anyway. Any extra Pym canisters go toward Heroic realm runs and anything I get is just icing on the cake.

I don't understand the hate for these...especially coming off month of Assassin Assignments and Merc Missions. Those required a HUGE amount of extra effort and time and the rewards weren't as good.

Personally, I'm a fan of the micro-realms.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Dungeons
    Rifts
    Stark Assignments
    Mercenary Missions
    Valor missions

They could definitely use a refresh on some of their ideas. I think the big issue with the way they do things is how frequent you have to play to get all of the rewards. They make these challenges and then run them 4 times a day. Who in the world has that much time to get on and play??? I personally enjoyed running dungeons on occasion, but right from the start it was pretty obvious to me that if I wanted 3 5* characters I was going to have to put in a ridiculous amount of my time so I just ran them whenever I felt like it and managed to accumulate enough for 1 5*.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    yeah its been pretty underwhelming. but on the other hand, kabam doesnt have to have any special events lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This is the opposite side of things but the one I remember most fondly was Rockets Workshop, that was actually useful and allowed you a nice array of choices. My account improved a lot with the help of that.

Yea, I wish they'd put back something that gave cores as a prize option.