**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Version 19.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    "Added Clarity to Blade’s Danger Sense description to specify that it will ignore Dimensional Beings’ Immunities"

What exactly does this mean? I've seen it a few times but still don't know what it is addressing. If I had to take a guess I would say it would allow Blade to inflict bleed upon bleed immune characters like Dormammu but at the same time I doubt Kabam would ever implement that...

Woops didn't see that someone already commented about this. Just ignore my comment lol

No I’m sure it’s more addressing AAR immunities from Mephisto/Mordo. So for example Blade can reduce the ability accuracy of Mephisto’s aura from triggering or Mordo’s Astral Evade or degen on L1 to trigger. I highly doubt you can bleed a bleed immune champ because that makes zero sense. You can’t bleed something that has no blood in the first place.

In his defense, the logic behind immunity in this game is very flawed... Take Ghost Rider for example, how do you incinerate something that is already burning?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    "Added Clarity to Blade’s Danger Sense description to specify that it will ignore Dimensional Beings’ Immunities"

What exactly does this mean? I've seen it a few times but still don't know what it is addressing. If I had to take a guess I would say it would allow Blade to inflict bleed upon bleed immune characters like Dormammu but at the same time I doubt Kabam would ever implement that...

Woops didn't see that someone already commented about this. Just ignore my comment lol

No I’m sure it’s more addressing AAR immunities from Mephisto/Mordo. So for example Blade can reduce the ability accuracy of Mephisto’s aura from triggering or Mordo’s Astral Evade or degen on L1 to trigger. I highly doubt you can bleed a bleed immune champ because that makes zero sense. You can’t bleed something that has no blood in the first place.

In his defense, the logic behind immunity in this game is very flawed... Take Ghost Rider for example, how do you incinerate something that is already burning?

If it was an actual fire and not a different mystical type fire, how could he wear clothes without them burning up?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

If it was an actual fire and not a different mystical type fire, how could he wear clothes without them burning up?

Confirmed... Logic is hard. I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck or anything, I just think that Kabam probably could have worded their update to Blade's description a bit better to avoid this confusion. I agree that it makes no sense to think that Blade would be able to bleed Dorm. However according to the update it says he will ignore Dimensional Beings immunities, and technically speaking, bleed and poison immune are both "immunities."
  • Options

Confirmed... Logic is hard. I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck or anything, I just think that Kabam probably could have worded their update to Blade's description a bit better to avoid this confusion. I agree that it makes no sense to think that Blade would be able to bleed Dorm. However according to the update it says he will ignore Dimensional Beings immunities, and technically speaking, bleed and poison immune are both "immunities."

Yeah I know but it gets into a gray area when you talking about “why aren’t champs immune”. Balance trumps logic. But if a champ is already confirmed to have an immunity, like bleed or poison, there should be no earthly mechanic to trump that. GR isn’t immune to incinerate so you can incinerate. Dorm is bleed immune so no ability in the game should ever be able to make him bleed.
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Is the bugged update still in the App Store?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    So, I'm finding the gameplay somewhat smoother after the Update. Not perfect, but it's better. At least so far. Might be too soon to tell, but it's definitely an improvement.
  • Options
    LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    My fone is still able to cook a cookie off the battery so I wouldn't say that's an improvement. But I have noticed the ai has been dumbed down a single notch. But that's just in heroic eq on my alt. Haven't tried my main act yet with arena so fingers crossed
  • Options
    GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168

I'm aware of what Blade can do but what you have described doesn't really match what they described aka "immunities". Mephisto's aura is a defence mechanic not an immunity, hence why I presumed from Kabam's description that Blade would be able to bypass immunities, but as you said, it would make no sense to be able to bleed something that has no blood.
  • Options

I'm aware of what Blade can do but what you have described doesn't really match what they described aka "immunities". Mephisto's aura is a defence mechanic not an immunity, hence why I presumed from Kabam's description that Blade would be able to bypass immunities, but as you said, it would make no sense to be able to bleed something that has no blood.

szqrcb4o5aa7.jpeg
    gsiilrcndy6x.jpeg

@GSTAR21 this is what I’m talking about. This is probably the only thing Blade affects now. His danger sense basically makes it to where they don’t have these immunities to ability accuracy reduction.
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    It’s funny to me that the update to Blade’s description was only changed to “add clarity” but has only caused more confusion. 😂
  • Options
    GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168

szqrcb4o5aa7.jpeg
    gsiilrcndy6x.jpeg

@GSTAR21 this is what I’m talking about. This is probably the only thing Blade affects now. His danger sense basically makes it to where they don’t have these immunities to ability accuracy reduction.

Oh right I never knew that Mordo's astral was regarded as an immunity, that would make a lot more sense than him all of a sudden being able to bleed a Dormammu lol. Thanks for pointing that out
  • Options
    LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    I was very wrong about the ai. It's worse then ever now. It's bouncing around like a squirrel after a 12 pack of red bull.
  • Options
    DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Not sure what Kabam's plan is, but with these issues still persisting, how can you be ready to move forward with Season 3? I am sure everyone applauded you on holding off on Season 3 until you found a fix for the overheating issue, but you have not fixed it. Please don't re release a feature that is going to be unfair to your community knowing there are issues on your side. Thank you.

PS: And yes, I am having issues too. Not overheating issues, but constant dash backs when hitting the right side of the screen. I will be posting my devices and other information in the bug section soon.
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    i would gladly give an opinion on 19.1, if only after hours i'd been allowed to actually log in by the game.
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I'd be happy to give my opinion but I don't want to get banned.
  • Options
    Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Alliance war bug:

I cannot see champions opponent took to attack.. Attempting to switch between “info” and “health” panes causes game to freeze.

5xqc085oz1b2.jpeg

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

The patch note said that Danger Sense's description would be adjusted, not Blade himself. Danger Sense the ability doesn't include bleed effects. Danger Sense only buffs Blade's attack and debuffs the target's ability accuracy.
    That debuff is the only effect Danger Sense contains that could theoretically be affected by the target's immunities.

The description for Danger Sense now says at the end "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Being's immunities."
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Anyone else notice animation changes for any characters ending in a flying kick? Examples being wolverine, electro, Spider-Man classic, Deadpool...it’s just weird they would change their basic animations with no mention in the notes
  • Options
    What class is Heimdall? I know you can’t tell us, but.... please tell us.

Heimdall is a Cosmic
    Red Skull is a Tech
    Korg is a Skill
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Come on Kabam, any information on what's going on? We could really only play safely for a week out of last month and now we can't anymore. A customer shouldn't have to try so hard.
  • Options
    ccriderccrider Posts: 17
    So kabam mike, "We're still ironing some stuff out on these" does this mean we are getting another event with known issues instead of fixing them first?
  • Options
    DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Why are we being forced to update a version that has known issues?? This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    So no delaying aw season? Even with all current issues?
  • Options
    Matt1985Matt1985 Posts: 51
    My phone seems to be running good!!
    First time in days that ive been able to fight 👍👍👍
  • Options
    Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
    Anyone else notice animation changes for any characters ending in a flying kick? Examples being wolverine, electro, Spider-Man classic, Deadpool...it’s just weird they would change their basic animations with no mention in the notes

I noticed. It's sort of like slow motion flying... The lag in Arena is Insane.
  • Options
    RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Great to hear @Matt1985 however this doesnt seem to be the case to most, and having the season begin would give an unfair advantage to those fortunate enough to have their devices running fine