**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Gwenpool Goes to the Movies

edited July 2018 in General Discussion
SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER

Hey Summoners!

Marvel Studios is currently celebrating the 10 Year Anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe! We wanted to celebrate with you with some new Quest content for the month of August. We have a new type of Quest format and plan to release 5 new smaller Quests a week, each themed around one of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! That's a total of 20 quests to play over 4 weeks. Each of these Quests will have Rewards for you to grab and very low Energy costs, with a big payoff at the end of the month for Summoners who complete the entire 4 week Quest set! The first 5 Quests will be available August 1, 10:00 AM PDT, with the next 5 becoming available each week after that.

POPCORN ANYONE?

20 Quests sounds like a lot, but not to worry! Much like popcorn, these Quests are bite-sized ( meaning short and relatively easy to complete). Each quest has 2 paths, one of which will require a specific Hero to enter. This Hero will be related to the movie the quest is for. (You’ll want an Iron Man for the Iron Man Quest, for example) A Hero of ANY rarity will grant you access down these paths and allow you to get your Mastery Rewards. All of these Quests can be completed WITHOUT any of the Champions needed for gates, but to 100% the Quests for those bonus rewards, you’ll need a wide roster of Champions.

What if I don’t have the Champions needed?

If you end up not having a needed Champion, this Event’s Rewards are designed to help expand your roster with the Champions needed! We have new Cinematic Crystals you can earn to add these Champions to your roster. These Quests also won’t disappear after the next set becomes available, so you’ll still be able to complete Week 1 Quests in Week 4, and will have an extra week at the end of the month where you can continue to complete the Quests.

As for who you’ll need, here’s a heads up on the Champions you’ll be able to earn during this Event from the Cinematic Crystals

Iron Man
Hulk
Warmachine
Thor
Captain America
Hawkeye
Iron Patriot
Loki
Winter Soldier
Star-Lord
Ultron
YellowJacket
Black Panther (Civil War)
Mordo
Yondu
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
Thor (Ragnarok)
Killmonger
Iron Man (Infinity War)
Wasp

From August 8th to September 5th, 2-Star Cinematic Basic Hero Crystals will replace Versus Crystals in Quickmatch. This means you’ll have somewhere to get extra crystals in case you claim all the crystals you can from the rewards and still end up needing a specific Champion. During each week, the Featured Crystals of the Champions needed that week will also be available in the Store page.

NOTE: These 2-Star Cinematic Basic Hero Crystals found in Quickmatch will only contain "Basic" versions of these Champions, which means that duplicating Champions will not award any Crystal Shards, but only the 1 Signature Level increase that 2-Star Champions gain from Duplication.

LET'S ALL GO TO THE LOBBY TO GET OURSELVES A TREAT!

So what are the Rewards for this Quest? Below you’ll find a breakdown of everything you can earn from the 5 Difficulties. Including the new Epic Difficulty!

Total Possible Crystals (ALL DIFFICULTIES)

Cinematic Crystals x26
Premium Hero Crystals x7
3-Star Crystals x2.5
4-Star Crystals x2.5
5-Star Crystal x0.75
3-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
Ultimate Cinematic Crystal x1
4-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
Legendary Cinematic Crystal x1
5-Star Cinematic Crystal x1

Beginner Rewards:

1x 3-Star Cinematic Crystal
3x Premium Hero Crystals
2x Cinematic Crystals

Normal Rewards

1x Ultimate Cinematic Crystal
4x Premium Hero Crystals
3x Cinematic Crystals

Heroic Rewards

1x 4-Star Cinematic Crystal
2.5x 3-Star Hero Crystals
5x Cinematic Crystals

Master Rewards

1x Legendary Cinematic Crystal
2.5x 4-Star Hero Crystals
7x Cinematic Crystals

Epic Rewards

1x 5-Star Cinematic Crystal
0.75x 5-Star Hero Crystal
9x Cinematic Crystals
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Obviosuly this will be a side quest but what do you think it will it be like? What could the rewards be? Will there be a title like with Stark Missions
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It’s an event? I don’t know why but it just seems like a cinematic clip library.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks like it’s just EQ to me
    Looks like it’s just EQ to me

Nope its a side event as Miike confirmed in the 19.1 discussion page
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Dang... I need to get a wasp and IMIW asap...

Me too :(
    So if you do all the epic quests for the whole month, then you receive a 5* Cinematic Crystal and 7,500 5* shards along with 9 cinematic crystals? Am I understanding that correctly? And the (5*) Cinematic Crystals contains one of the champs from the list?
    wow some very nice rewards
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So if you do all the epic quests for the whole month, then you receive a 5* Cinematic Crystal and 7,500 5* shards along with 9 cinematic crystals? Am I understanding that correctly? And the (5*) Cinematic Crystals contains one of the champs from the list?

Except for Thor
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Im like it dont hav wasp with is bad for me.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Yeah it is a bit confusing... I am assuming this is over the entire 4 weeks and not per week.
  • edited July 2018

That's correct! If you are able open all gates and fully explore all quests, those will be your rewards.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

Except for Thor

And WarMachine.
    Kabam Doot wrote: »

That's correct! If you are able open all gates and fully explore all quests, those will be your rewards.

That’s actually pretty awesome. What about the total possible crystals? Can you clarify? Does that mean you have a chance to get one of those rewards every time you complete or explore a quest? The cinematic crystal x 26 is a little confusing.
  • Obviosuly this will be a side quest but what do you think it will it be like? What could the rewards be? Will there be a title like with Stark Missions

Yes! The title reward is "Blockbuster" and is rewarded on all difficulties for completion, meaning you won't need any of the Champions if you just want the title.
    Questions, if I have a Cap IW would he be able to work on paths that would need OG Cap/WW2 cap? Will a 5* War Machine and Thor be in the 5 star cinematic crystal?
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

That’s actually pretty awesome. What about the total possible crystals? Can you clarify? Does that mean you have a chance to get one of those rewards every time you complete or explore a quest? The cinematic crystal x 26 is a little confusing.

"Total possible" essentially means if you fully explore the entire event (all difficulties) that's the total amount of rewards you would get.

"Total possible" essentially means if you fully explore the entire event (all difficulties) that's the total amount of rewards you would get.

So what are the possible rewards for completion and exploration on a daily basis?

So what are the possible rewards for completion and exploration on a daily basis?

I'm hoping free cinematic crystals so I actually have a shot at wasp and IMIW...
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »

Except for Thor

And WarMachine.

I don't care about him. A 5* Thor would be amazing though.
    Werewrym wrote: »

Wait so these are rewards only at the end of the quest? Do we get anything for running them each day? Also Wasp and IMIW are very new characters, isn't this kind of geared towards those people who can spend money on crystals? I don't know about everyone else, but I don't have tons of units to pop crystals and hope I get these two champions. Do we get cinematic crystals along the way so that we can at least have a shot at obtaining these two champions?

The quest itself will reward you with cinematic crystals that have the needed champions, as well as the changes to quick match provide a way to get these crystals outside of the store. Any rarity of champion can open the gate, so opening a lot of the 2-star crystals will help you expand your roster enough and get you the Champions you need.

Ok thank you! I am so glad to hear this!