**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Name changing

Back in June I noticed that a bunch of individuals had what appeared to be the same ign and how that was possible? Instead of answering the question my post got deleted and I was warned with being banned that I was implying cheating instead of just asking how. Fast forward to today and I see it being addressed, I feel like kabam ahab owes me an apology.

Comments

• Options
    DaslionDaslion Posts: 4
    How does changing IGN benefit a player or.team?
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It made all the names look identical and gave an unearned advantage to the team doing it. They would be able to scout your top possible defenders and you would not.
  • Options
    DaslionDaslion Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    I dont underatand i thougt u can only see your top 4 players. So people are looking at them.to see who.could be on what node?
  • Options
    Mauricek80Mauricek80 Posts: 3
    I don't understand it either.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You can check the top 4 champs of everyone on the opposing team and get a hint as to, let’s say that hidden duped 6*, by clicking on the name of the player. Using that information you can tailor your attack team to have a favorable matchup.

When every player on the other team has a name that appears as lllllllllllllllllll you cannot do this. This is an unearned advantage.

The only ways to prevent that would be to hide all profile champs or to prevent lllllllll names. They chose the latter.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    At the top levels, there are only so many teams. People have moved between alliances, friends share information from their opponents, and Youtubers post videos of the opposing champions. All of these means there is data from past wars about who has which ranked champions.

If your name is distinguishable from your teammates, all that information means your defenders can be tracked from war to war, so people would know what your likely defenders are just by seeing your name in the path ahead of them, even before joining the war, without looking at your profile.

If the opponent can identify which champions they will be facing, they can optimize their teams to beat the defenders in their lane. By making the names identical, you might know what LLILIILIII and LLLLIILIII have as each of their defenders, but there's no way of telling which of those two you will be facing until you have reached them in war, preventing optimization.

If one team can optimize and the other cannot, the one that can optimize has a significant advantage.