**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War Rating Penalty!

My alliance the docked around 300 points last week. We have individually sent numerous support tickets to Kabam asking them for a specific reason on why this happened. We all get this generic response:

"Thank you for contacting Kabam Support with your concerns about the recent announcement and actions related to our expanding effort to protect the game from actions that jeopardize the game for all.

In an effort to keep The Contest fair and competitive, we have been and will continue to take punitive actions against any player or Alliance found to have engaged in any account sharing in relation to the Alliance Wars. Due to the competitive nature of our Alliance War Seasons, we wanted to make sure that all players are aware that sharing an account for any reason is a violation of our Terms of Service. We have received many reports from players about this happening, and we are continuing to step up our investigation into these unfair actions. Alliances found in violation of this or any other of our Terms of Service will have their Alliance War Rating reduced, and further violations may result in more punitive actions, including account bans for all individuals involved. We take pride in making a competitive and engaging playing field with the Alliance Wars, and we want players to take comfort in the knowledge that we are aggresively insuring that they remain this way.

Thank you for reaching out to us, and best of luck to you and your Alliance in the Alliance Wars!

Sincerely, ​
Kabam Support"

Then they immediately close our ticket. I belong to a very active Alliance. We all communicate via Line chat. To my knowledge no action has been taken to any individual in my alliance. We have no interest in cheating or account sharing. We enjoy this game because of it's competitiveness and our camaraderie we have with friends we've made playing this game.

We want to abide by the terms of service. None of us are lawyers and speak legalese. We would like to know what we're doing wrong so we can stop it and continue playing and not have to worry.

If they don't want to tell us who violated terms of service, they could at least point us in the right direction and tell us what part of the terms of service someone violated.

Kabam prefers it to be a mystery to us.

We just want to go back to enjoying the game. Why is this so difficult for Kabam to understand?

I hope they're not demonstrating psychological projection by assuming everyone is a cheater like they are.

It's really disappointing. I hope that this can be resolved.

Suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    We had the same issue. Man, you have someone in your ally who's piloting.
    And Kabam won't tell you who unfortunately :sweat:
  • Schapenkop wrote: »

How are you able to determine this?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    In before the lock
    Schapenkop wrote: »

It's the only reason kabam does this that or modding
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★

Lately, that's the usual reason behind the points deduction.

If you are an active alliance, someone who doesnt login for 7 days, it's the one to blame, because they are banned (Kabam gives a 7 day ban to those who pilot accounts)
  • Schapenkop wrote: »

It's the only reason kabam does this that or modding

How do you know this? You have evidence to support that's the only reason?
  • Ankalagonn wrote: »

If you are an active alliance, someone who doesnt login for 7 days, it's the one to blame, because they are banned (Kabam gives a 7 day ban to those who pilot accounts)

Like I said in OP. There's been no action taken against a member of my alliance. Every member is active daily.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Someone in your allaince is sharring their account information regardless of they tell you, kabam only docks your war rating for that piolting and or hacking and they likely sent your leader a message about it.

They might not ban them or might not ban them right away depending on many different factors, the nature of the violation, how many people are doing it and how many times they've done and broke kabams rules.

If it isn't too widespread and if it hasn't been going on for to long then they'll take some of your war rating as a penalty, however if it's a extremely widespread then you're looking at a possible full war rating reset or worse.

Hacking and modding are usually easier to detect but account sharing and piolting isn't because they may or may not get banned right away and if they do they might just lie and say they're busy and won't be on for some reason.

There's no way of knowing for sure who it is, I would tell your alliance to change their login information and don't give it out again if you want it to stop, or figure out who it is and remove them.

If you don't then they're just going to keep violating it and kabam is just going to keep penalizing the rest of you until you're rating is 0 or they just disband your alliance.
    Ankalagonn wrote: »

Like I said in OP. There's been no action taken against a member of my alliance. Every member is active daily.

Are you the leader? Did u get a email from kabam?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Ankalagonn wrote: »

They'd only ban a member if he/she was modding in the war. The scenario you describe where the rating was reduced but everyone still shows as active means it is probably an account sharer. Kabam has historically sent messages regarding such violations to the alliance leader. But there have been reports that recently they have not been doing that. Either way good luck moving forward.
  • Someone in your allaince is sharring their account information regardless of they tell you, kabam only docks your war rating for that piolting and or hacking and they likely sent your leader a message about it.

They might not ban them or might not ban them right away depending on many different factors, the nature of the violation, how many people are doing it and how many times they've done and broke kabams rules.

If it isn't too widespread and if it hasn't been going on for to long then they'll take some of your war rating as a penalty, however if it's a extremely widespread then you're looking at a possible full war rating reset or worse.

Hacking and modding are usually easier to detect but account sharing and piolting isn't because they may or may not get banned right away and if they do they might just lie and say they're busy and won't be on for some reason.

There's no way of knowing for sure who it is, I would tell your alliance to change their login information and don't give it out again if you want it to stop, or figure out who it is and remove them.

If you don't then they're just going to keep violating it and kabam is just going to keep penalizing the rest of you until you're rating is 0 or they just disband your alliance.

Thanks. Since you said it's easier to detect hackers and modders.

I think it must have been a hacker that we booted ta couple weeks ago the moment we noticed something was wrong. Brand new to the alliance. He was asking all these noob questions like what Mastery he should use. Then he came into our war with a very poor group of attackers and fought like an absolute God, so we instantly kicked him.

Do you think that's what it is?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Someone in your allaince is sharring their account information regardless of they tell you, kabam only docks your war rating for that piolting and or hacking and they likely sent your leader a message about it.

I think it must have been a hacker that we booted ta couple weeks ago the moment we noticed something was wrong. Brand new to the alliance. He was asking all these noob questions like what Mastery he should use. Then he came into our war with a very poor group of attackers and fought like an absolute God, so we instantly kicked him.

That definitely could be it unfortunately.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

Possibly though it's hard to tell what period it's over and I think it may be a slightly different message that they send your leader, you would have to talk to them about the nature of the message they got if it's about cheating or account violation's or they used to anyway.

Though I think it's more recent, and you guys quickly removed them from your alliance I don't think that's responsible it may be a part of it if they reported it which got kabam looking at your alliance and they found other things during the investigation which resulted in a war rating reduction.

Yeah I'll bet that was it