**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• ZervosZervos Posts: 8
    IGN: Zervos
    Device: iPhone 6 Plus
    iOS: 11.4.1
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version: 19.1
    Game Mode: All
    Issue: Overheating starts as soon as app is opened. massive lagging...again.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    In game: JAQRIPP
    IPhone X
    iOS 11.4.1
    Att and WiFi xfinity
    Game mode: All
    Description: While playing the game my phone gets extremely hot!! I don’t push it because I don’t want to damage it. Very glitchy and instead of words I see code sometimes. To All: *** I put my phone on battery saver and it helped with the heat. Still hotter than than comfortable but I get on and off quickly***
    May have too much info transfer going back and forth from phone to Kabam cause processor to overheat. Just an idea.

This is me and my issue don’t want to write it again... but my phone actually gets hotter, faster, when I’m on WIFI. I brought this up in the other thread. Issue is only on this app. Hope this helps narrow it down. Please fix it.
  • Metal8989Metal8989 Posts: 51
    IGN: Metal8989
    Device: Iphone 7+
    IOS: 12.0 Beta
    Data and Wifi Both
    Game Version: 19.1.0
    Issue: Overheating= Not like 19.0 but yeah its heating up fast, Lagging: Yes, Battery Draining quickly: Yes (And sometime non-responsive touch)
  • iottoknow7iottoknow7 Posts: 22
    In-Game Name: iottoknow
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All modes.
    Description of the Issue: Lag when Ghost phases and Hood goes invisible. Overheating during all game modes. No crashes, but the heat gets pretty bad.
  • IGN: KAGIKAZE
    Device: iPhone 7
    Game Version: 19.1.0
    Issues: Overheating phone, game lag and failure to respond to swiping gestures at high temperatures. Very similar to experience with 19.0, although I have not yet experienced a full crash. Seems to happen in all game modes.

UPDATE: Overheating has gotten worse. Overheating is less severe (but still an issue) when I disable cell data and play only Wifi.
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    IGN:Trendlyfynn
    Device: Huawei p8 lite
    Cell or wifi: both
    Game modes: all modes
    Issue: overheating, lag when playing any mode and drains battery extremely fast
  • BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    iPhone6
    iOS 11.3.1
    Cell and WiFi
    Game version 19.1
    Game mode: arena and quests
    Issues: burns and drains battery life within minutes
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    In-Game name: Boss Baby
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Cellular or WiFi: It happens with both.
    Description of the Issue: cannot login. stuck in loading screen.
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    IGN: KwAmOn
    Device, Model: Apple iPhone8
    Cellular, Wifi: Both
    Game Mode: All
    Issues:
    1)Spanish Translation reflecting "Fácil" (Easy) instead of Irreclamable (Uncollected) in the Gwenpool mission screen.
    2)Champs with medium kick ending combo movements have reduced frame speed on this last hit, confirmed in other threads in the forum.
    3)Timming of parry on random champs off; getting hits delivered a thought using same Timming, or defending without getting the parry active.
    4)In misions, AI seems to have pre-reads to counter more easily. Normally before, if AI is defending you would be able to approach, but now they have perfectly timed SP for intercepting your attacks, or even evade then to make quick counter. Not saying this isn't something "bad" but it is certainly changed a lot, maybe tweaked to be just to much harder. This happens when you control the fight or you use auto fight; in the later it's very easy to detect as a 5* r5/65 can easily be taken down over 30% health against a chapter 1 mission 1 character in Master mode, the AI is just better than the auto fight AI by a lot. Take a look at this, and it happens intermittently but you will see it in a 10min gameplay.
  • kjf96cmcbd84.png
    Now its getting worse. 😔 please fix. I already comment before.
    Ign: mr.vamps07
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    IGN: BirdReynolds
    Device: iPhone 8
    Cell or Wifi: WiFi
    Game mode: Arena
    Issues: After about 6+ rounds in arena I experience severe drops in frame rate and minor heating issues (heating seems to be worse in older model iPhones). The frame rate and lag issues seem to disappear for a few rounds if I pause mid fight.
  • ign: ilovetstark
    device: iphone8+
    IOS: 11.4.1
    cell or wifi: both
    game version: 19.1.0
    game mode: all
    issue: overheating, lag, battery drains fast
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    Fixxx wrote: »
    The likely think that compared to 19.0, the number of pages for this thread does not compare and therefore, it's not as widespread
    Because - well - two days vs. three weeks...
  • JRobotJRobot Posts: 6
    IGN: J5432
    Device: iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4.1
    Cell or WiFi: both
    Game mode: arena and quest

Overheating isn’t nearly as bad as 19.0 but it’s still there. Lag in fights has become almost unbearable though. Sometimes at the end of a MLLLM combo it looks like the character floats back down to earth (and then I get punched). Lag also makes it very hard to parry.
  • GN: Chicobrabo
    Device: iPhone 7+
    Game mode: arena and solo questing and AQ
    Issues: Heating (burning like 19.0) and severe frame rate drop in combat. Plus i have a bug, ally rewards are shown, collectes but in rewards iT keep showing them as expired and i can not get The notification away. The only way is by uninstalling and reinstall The game back.
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    In-Game Name: Nabilety
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Overheating after 5min, battery drain.
  • Since the release of the new quest content at the beginning of August, my iPhone seems to be back to its old ways of overheating, as well as issues with the controls. In the middle of a fight, my champion will sometimes stop 1 hit short of a 5 hit combo causing me to unexpectedly take hits. Occasionally when attempting to launch a dash/intercept attack, my champion will instead dash back, causing me to miss the intercept, and end up taking hits instead. Has anyone else had this issue whether on iOS or Android?

I’m running an iPhone 7, with iOS 11.4, and game version 19.1.0

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    My game play is absolutely horrible right now on iOS. It will be stable for just a little bit then it's done. Even when it's good it's still bad compared to a couple months ago. We had one week of decent play.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    iPhone X is heating back up again, NOT HAPPY
  • HUNHUN Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: the_HUN
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets very hot and laggy gameplay
  • Harvey1980Harvey1980 Posts: 30
    IGN: Harvey1980
    iPhone 6s
    iOS 12.0
    Version 19.0
    Both cell and WiFi
    Drains 30% of battery in 15 minutes. Phone heating up. Not as bad as previous problems but still not great. Have to keep a phone charger handy
  • In-Game Name: Luvs2drnk
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Description of the Issue: Overheating issue that was present in 19.0 is back. Severe overheating within 15-20 minutes, causing severe lag and instability in game.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    By Day 3 of Map 5 controls just go to **** especially against mini boss. Back swipe doesn’t register and get smacked, my champ freezes when AI launches a heavy and I eat it. Clean my screen before every match too. Seems like as the week progresses it gets worse... they ratchet up the AI speed and controls go out the window. Season 3 just started and every other fight this happens just like in AQ.
    I’m playing on a iPad Pro on latest iOS and I just used this to 100% ACT 5 on the 19.0 game version so I know it isn’t my device. In fact, I am doing Uncollected EQ between war and AQ fights and have zero issues!

y2atnnf8waf4.jpeg
  • Pinkz_LambPinkz_Lamb Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: pinkzlam
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Description of the Issue: Overheating issue that was present in 19.0 is back. Severe overheating within 15-20 minutes, causing severe lag and instability in game.
  • desk0zdesk0z Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: desk0z
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6s Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: 19.1 (latest official AppStore version)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: Overheating issue within 20 minutes, causing lag and instability in game. Arena grind does not work because of lag and long loading times. I had no issues with 19.0.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    using the same device and since this patch today alone my phone still overheats from playing the game. is it really necessary to have my device and others heat up for no explanation? it was somewhat fixed with 19.0.1 and nothing spoken about this at all. id like to beta test anything else but i for one actually do care about how my devices are used
  • GagadadGagadad Posts: 2
    IGN: Gagadad
    Device: Iphone 6+
    IOS: IOS 11.41.1
    Cellular or WiFi; Both
    Game Version: 19.1
    Description of isuue: Overheating but no more force close; Bad frame rate and lag terribly especially at the beginning of fights, and when opponents using heavies and specials. Lagging problem gets worse as phone temperature goes up.
This discussion has been closed.