**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Multiple accounts 1 device

SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
If someone has multiple accounts and uses only one device to play them that’s not a violation as long as no one else is using the account. Correct?

Comments

• AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Correct, however reality is different. You get punished, though, wont get banned.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    So wait it is or is not against the rules. If ou have multiple accounts, which kabam has confirmed it allowed, you must play them on different devices?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I doubt that is a rule.
    gm7xj8gp3tdp.png
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    So wait it is or is not against the rules. If ou have multiple accounts, which kabam has confirmed it allowed, you must play them on different devices?
    @Kabam Miike

No, you can play multiple accts, as long as they’re your personal accts on 1 device.. I play both my accts from same device, no problems..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Ankalagonn wrote: »
    Correct, however reality is different. You get punished, though, wont get banned.

So that's why I pulled Loki twice from 6* crystals. I was being punished for logging into two accounts on one device. Because I can't think of any other way in which I was punished for doing that.

OP: logging in with two accounts on one device is not a problem. I don't know why people keep thinking it is, except for the fact that so many people are giving out false information about this. Account sharing is prohibited. Account sharing is when two different people log into the same account. There is no rule about two different people sharing the same device, or two accounts being played on the same device. In fact, there's no rule that has anything to do with devices at all, except for the one that says the game is only authorized to be played on devices supported by the associated app stores.

Two people, using one account. That's what is prohibited. If that situation occurs, its a violation. If that situation does not occur, then it is not account sharing no matter how many devices are involved, how many accounts are involved, or how many people are involved in whatever combination. Two people, one account.
  • GsabaGsaba Posts: 62
    As someone with multiple accounts, i can confirm that AW ratings r dropped. Mostly play on one device and i did mention this in some other posts too. No help from kabam support either with automated replies. I’m in tier 12 now from tier 5-6
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Need some clarification here please @Kabam Miike ,@Ad0ra_
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Gsaba wrote: »
    As someone with multiple accounts, i can confirm that AW ratings r dropped. Mostly play on one device and i did mention this in some other posts too. No help from kabam support either with automated replies. I’m in tier 12 now from tier 5-6

I posted this already. Someone in Reddit created an alliance with 30 accounts of his own. He was penalized by reducing his AW rating, stating that someone had violated the TOS. Food for thought.

I posted this already. Someone in Reddit created an alliance with 30 accounts of his own. He was penalized by reducing his AW rating, stating that someone had violated the TOS. Food for thought.

It is possible that this kind of extreme case is something they simply don't believe is happening legitimately and are misflagging. But I don't think this is the kind of situation any normal player is going to find themselves in. There are corner cases and exceptions to anything, but if you try to account for every possible way you can get banned, you have to concede it is possible to get banned for account sharing while playing one account on one device, because mistakes can happen. But it wouldn't be reasonable to caution people not to play one account on one device because you could get banned for account sharing, even though it is technically not impossible.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It is possible that this kind of extreme case is something they simply don't believe is happening legitimately and are misflagging. But I don't think this is the kind of situation any normal player is going to find themselves in. There are corner cases and exceptions to anything, but if you try to account for every possible way you can get banned, you have to concede it is possible to get banned for account sharing while playing one account on one device, because mistakes can happen. But it wouldn't be reasonable to caution people not to play one account on one device because you could get banned for account sharing, even though it is technically not impossible.

That’s a big concern tho. False flags. What is the recourse for someone that is falsely flagged? Support does nothing.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Sigh you can have as many or as few accounts as you want on as many or as few devices as you want because they already said it was fine as long as it's you who created it and as long as it's you using it.

I am person with multiple accounts, and a person with multiple devices and multiple devices and with 2 accounts in the same alliance.

I am the creator of said accounts, I am the sole user of said accounts, I've had zero issues with kabam and they know about both my accounts and that they're in the same alliance and they have said multiple times that it's ok. I switch in and out of them sometimes on one device but I never leave my timezone and both the accounts are tied to me.

I have one account tied to my Google play and I have one account tied to my email through kabam which is basically the same email as my Google one just different passwords.

They have their ways dectecting it and who's lying and who's not, they have their ways of decting who created the accounts, they have a rough idea where said accounts are being played from ( ie your time zone), they know what devices you play on, they know who you rank up and when you rank them up, they know when you purchase things and roughly the area, they track tons of other things as well that they won't tell us to find those who break the rules and that's exactly what's happening here.

If you bought an account, if someone gave you an account, if you're using a friend's account while they're away or you gave out your information then that's account sharring/ piolting.

If you log in from one timezone and then seconds later a different user logs into your account in a different time zone halfway across the world then that's account sharing/ piolting and why so many people and allainces are getting penalized for it.

I'm not quite sure I believe a lot of people especially ones that say that they run 10-30 accounts legitimately, I don't know what kabams account per alliance limit is but I know from experience something is up and I know from my dealings with them some of what they keep track of.

Support won't help you, you'll need to do it yourselves and if you're giving out your information or know who's doing either tell them to stop or remove them from your alliance before it gets worse and if you don't want it to continue.
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That’s a big concern tho. False flags. What is the recourse for someone that is falsely flagged? Support does nothing.

If and when it happens it is unfortunate, and I wish it didn't happen, but it isn't a big concern for me in terms of my own gameplay. I don't worry about how I should play to avoid being falsely flagged for account sharing. I just don't account share, and play within the terms and conditions, and that's the extent of my worry about it. If I worried constantly about what I was doing and whether it would trigger a false audit flag, I don't think I could enjoy playing the game at all.

I'm not saying it is a trivial manner if and when it happens, and I'm all for discussing how to prevent it from happening if Kabam was willing to discuss such matters (which they seem to not be). I'm only saying I don't think it is something players should worry about in general when it comes to their own game play, if they aren't doing something unusually weird. Playing two accounts on one device is sufficiently common that I don't think that alone could trigger false positives, because that would flag too many players.