**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena look through

Hello all, in my previous discussion I stated I would submit, as a midlevel player in a midlevel alliance, a discussion on what's good, bad, and everything in between. Let me tell you about myself, I'm midlevel, and not highly skilled. I've always been that way. I'm better then some and seen more better then me. This discussion is meant to bring light away from those highly skilled players and whales and focus on this that makeup the bulk of the game, those midlevel players. I'm using the forums instead of YouTube because I'd like input from kabam if they care to offer their opinions and for them to easily read my topics.

Today's post is around arenas as new event hasnt started, so I've been grinding arena for units, I am f2p. Arenas are a good way the first few days to see what hidden glitches or differences are in the game after each update. This is how i found out quake didnt play the same with her evade 2 months ago and since then she has dropped out of my questing team.

This newest update is interesting. We, me and a few other heavy arena grinders, have noticed changes, yet these changes werent stated as changes in the update. For one it's the random death squad. If you've played enough arenas the last day you might have seen them. You set your team, values dont care, and then baam, your opponent is 3 5* r5. You could have 2k champs facing 13k+ opponents. Now only those highly skilled players could possibly win and keep up their streak. Otherwise it's time to start your streak all over again. I ran into a similar match where my opponent was 7k total points above me and by the skin of my teeth I won. So be on the lookout.

Next in arena we've noticed is the easy, medium, and hard mode of fights. Easy fights are all the same in difficulty as well as medium and hard. It makes sense. What doesnt make sense is the fact you run into a medium mode fight and baam it players like it's hard. Then the next match is hard and I swear I'm running a UC event fight not an arena fight. So even if it says medium, dont fully trust it.

Now, mcoc has had its problems but I have to say, when they added the 5* arena it was a blessing. I couldnt touch the 4* featured and was stuck for the longest time in 3* and 4* basic arena. With the 5* I have a chance in the featured 4* arena. No more waiting weeks to months for that new champ to come out in basic arena or drop as a crystal. So I do have to hand it to kabam for finally introducing the 5* arena.

And with the end of 1st rd of 4* featured antman arena I will say I was surprised to see pym shards in the arena. That was a nice added touch to make the arena interesting to run.

All in all, I dont see much in arena that is super good or super bad and I hope it doesnt change, other then a few hangups mentioned above. For me, I was about to walk away from mcoc until i told myself one last go at featured 4* arena. And so i am still here because i at least have a chance. So currently, arena is one of the reasons I'm still here.

If anyone else notices something working different in arena, please post it. Let's use the forums to voice what we see and what we would like to see happen. The key is to keep mcoc ru ning for years to come and if we allow the whales to control mcoc they will be the only ones standing.

Thanks for reading and we will see what the event of August looks like tomorrow when it opens and I hit the ground running.

Comments

• Options
    LadyCLadyC Posts: 12
    Well, spoke to soon. Hit a death squad. 35k opponent. No possible way a midlevel player could beat the team unless you had top notch skills. Thanks kabam for the wonderful arena matchup.

So, do you all feel these death squads popping up this last update is a glitch in the arena system or is by design to stop players from running long streaks? If it's a glitch, shouldn't kabam look into fixing it, or if it's by design and working as intended that means kabam has set us up for failure. We are meant to uphold the fairness of the game so why not kabam hold to the fairness of the game.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    LadyC wrote: »
    Well, spoke to soon. Hit a death squad. 35k opponent. No possible way a midlevel player could beat the team unless you had top notch skills. Thanks kabam for the wonderful arena matchup.

So, do you all feel these death squads popping up this last update is a glitch in the arena system or is by design to stop players from running long streaks? If it's a glitch, shouldn't kabam look into fixing it, or if it's by design and working as intended that means kabam has set us up for failure. We are meant to uphold the fairness of the game so why not kabam hold to the fairness of the game.

Thoughts?

1. Death squads have always existed. The infinite streak guides floating around there are designed to try to avoid them.

2. The infinite streak guides are rules of thumb based on the conditions of the game they were written in. They have been wrong before in the past, and they aren't perfect. They don't encapsulate the complexities of how the arenas work, because frankly no player actually knows everything about how the arenas work.

3. Kabam doesn't consider this a problem, and aren't trying to "fix" it. It is up to the players to figure out how to navigate the arenas and how the arena generates match ups, and it is possible to avoid death matches with a strong enough roster and the right playing strategies, that are slightly different in different arenas. When I say "strong enough" I don't mean ridiculously strong. For example, with the right playing strategy I've been safely using 1/25 5* champs in the 5* featured arena, with ratings as low as 2800 with my mastery set up.
  • Options
    LadyCLadyC Posts: 12
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    LadyC wrote: »

Thoughts?

1. Death squads have always existed. The infinite streak guides floating around there are designed to try to avoid them.

2. The infinite streak guides are rules of thumb based on the conditions of the game they were written in. They have been wrong before in the past, and they aren't perfect. They don't encapsulate the complexities of how the arenas work, because frankly no player actually knows everything about how the arenas work.

3. Kabam doesn't consider this a problem, and aren't trying to "fix" it. It is up to the players to figure out how to navigate the arenas and how the arena generates match ups, and it is possible to avoid death matches with a strong enough roster and the right playing strategies, that are slightly different in different arenas. When I say "strong enough" I don't mean ridiculously strong. For example, with the right playing strategy I've been safely using 1/25 5* champs in the 5* featured arena, with ratings as low as 2800 with my mastery set up.

Thanks for the insight. My buddies have been doing arenas for a long time and they havent encountered the death squads until recently. So knowing they've been out there helps me out.