**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uh how am I supposed to beat Heimdall?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
I just got to master mode Heimdall. He starts the fight with two bars of power, and his special 2 is unblockable and unevadable. If he gains any buffs in the fight, he carries them over to the next fight and converts them into power gain, such that he hits his special 3 within a couple seconds of the next fight.

When I got to him, my entire team was at basically full health. I tried to bait out the special 2, but since it was unblockable and unevadable I don't know what was the point, because it instantly killed my first guy. He then killed everyone else on my team with a special 3 within a few seconds. How the heck do you counter this?

Comments

• DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    I used LC and Mephisto. Cage tanked the S3 and pummeled him and Mephisto negates the power gain to start the fight and that was uncollected
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    You can dodge the first part and just hold block for the rest of his sp2.
  • AspareAspare Posts: 76
    A duped Luke Cage will do the job
    Wait till you fight Super adaptoid
  • Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    Voodoo and dodge the first part of the special
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Luke Cage works great
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Oh good...another thread about Heimdall.
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Iceman
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Any champ that has more than 1000 health can beat heimdall
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    FineDog wrote: »
    I just got to master mode Heimdall. He starts the fight with two bars of power, and his special 2 is unblockable and unevadable. If he gains any buffs in the fight, he carries them over to the next fight and converts them into power gain, such that he hits his special 3 within a couple seconds of the next fight.

When I got to him, my entire team was at basically full health. I tried to bait out the special 2, but since it was unblockable and unevadable I don't know what was the point, because it instantly killed my first guy. He then killed everyone else on my team with a special 3 within a few seconds. How the heck do you counter this?

Wait till you get to the Hydra adaptoid, you'll be begging to fight Heimdall 5 times over. As for me I beat heimdall with ghost rider
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Roll in with SW and call it a day.
  • IrrwhoIrrwho Posts: 5
    Seems like not a lot of people read champ’s abilities.

You can beat heimdall with any champion you want. But I would definitely go with a block power champ like vodoo (best option) magik, etc.
    The thing people misunderstood is that you cannot evade sp2. You can try but I wouldn’t recommand it.
    Block sp2 than attack and only play on sp1. Wait for you power lock and then you know what to do next..

For the bio that some people didn’t read. Heimdall gain power based on the damages you inflicted on him during the last fight. It means that it would never trigger on the first fight but if you mess up you good to start all over again unless you’re ready to spend tones of revive potions.
    Of course if you didn’t put too many bad buffs on him or hited him too much after 2 fights of power gain you’d be good to go once again. But for example if you use vodoo which can drain power, poison him and you got to remove 1/2 of his health.... you better start over.

Peace
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    A backup champ like Luke Cage or Iceman who can tank a Sp3 is a good idea to make a 2nd or 3rd run at Heimdall.
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    I beat him several times alternating between Ghost Rider and Medusa. Look at his buffs. He has 2 that apply to any Cosmic champ.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    cha ching
  • I think dormammu is a great option. double medium at the start of the fight. Rinse and repeat until you can bait sp1 or power lock with sp2
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    What everyone else said, evade the first part of L2, then block and eat the rest. After that it is a simple baiting sp1 game which you can absolutely do with any champ. Obviously a power controller will help you not get cornered, LC or Ice or GP will tank the L3 if needed, Dorm or Stark can do a power drain right off the bat, Pun 2099 may be able to stave off the L3 power gain.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    3* iceman should do it
  • EyanEyan Posts: 11
    I was able to beat him using Gwenpool. Her Plot Armor prevented her from dying by Special.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Wyldstyle wrote: »
    I think dormammu is a great option. double medium at the start of the fight. Rinse and repeat until you can bait sp1 or power lock with sp2
    thah is probely the Best im hav read. Also u Can. Use dubbel Mediuem and just evade the sp1 with dorm. Also Red Skull one blok. Hit. Can du it to.

• RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Power lock
    Mephisto worked since he negates the power gain to start the fight
  • Cozzyness_1Cozzyness_1 Posts: 7
    Loki .. obvious best choice to fight hemdall
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Venompool and with some Timing ronan Working Wenn used in the first encounter.
    I got both 5* r3 so on Master they can stand a sp3 as long as i dont even try to scratch heimdal before sp3
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    I did it with Iceman, magik and doc oc. Use 1 champ for the whole path and leave the rest unscathed. Use iceman, but only use his S1, when HA uses his S3 it will do very little damage to iceman
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    I agree with the OP. This month's quest is too tough for me even just at Master level. I've been playing about 3 years and have a 320k base hero rating. I'll be taking this month off except for login stuff.