**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I save for 5* featured?

I wanted to get you guys' opinion on whether I should open a normal 5* crystal or go for a featured. I attached my current 5* champions.
Thanks!t7b9e02clw6y.png

Comments

• There're still a lot of champs in the basic pool you'd benefit from, depends if you want new champs or not? The new featured pool is very nice.

With that roster I'd personally stick with basic, but that's because I'm scared of spending 15k shards on a Groot -_-
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Go for featured, you don’t have enough god tiers.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    At least if (s)he got Groot, he'd get Awakened!

Realistically, the only person who can answer this is you, @SassyMasty. I recommend looking through both the basic pool and the Featured pool and for each champion ask yourself 'Game-changing, Good, ok or poor?'

Don't take other people's opinion as gold: for you, Groot is probably an ok pull; because you've already ranked him up, and his Sig makes him a bit more useful. For most people, Groot would have been considered a poor pull. Likewise if you pull Psylocke, she gets significantly stronger for you; whereas personally I'd have been (a little) disappointed since I already have her Awakened as a 4/40, and I'm overloaded with Mutant 5* champions.

Count up the champs in each of your personal categories; then multiply the numbers in the Featured crystal by twenty and the basic crystal by thirty. Then look at the numbers and decide what you want to achieve - quality, quantity, utility?

When I did this, I figured out that (for me), I'd end up with more game-changing champs buying Featured crystals; more poor champs in the basic crystal; and about the or slightly more same good/ok champs from the basic crystal. I decided to go for quality over quantity; so I've gone for fewer crystals but with a higher overall chance to give me a game-changing champion.

So I bought my first Featured crystal and pulled 5*GR. Not a game-changer, but a decent champ at least!
  • Mustard_TigerMustard_Tiger Posts: 21
    I saved for 2 featured 5* crystals and I got a Starlord ( still not duped) and a hulkbuster. I pulled a 5* Modok, NC, Glad Hulk from regular 5* I guess it all depends how quickly you accumulate 5* shards.
  • VgerVger Posts: 39
    I got Void, Sentry, Star Lord, Magik, Luke Cage and Voodoo from basic. I'd rather open 3 basics than 2 featured. Especially since you can still get a garbage champ out of a featured. Just my opinion. Then again, it takes me awhile to build up 5* shards