**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Outage and AW Seasons

Seasons will turn Alliance Wars into the most competitive, and lucrative mode in the game.

Tier 1 war, masters division, we are up by 2 deaths and are lining up boss killers to boost to the teeth and take down 4 remaining nodes, including 2 bosses. 40 minutes left, everything is set, everyone is watching, frantically switching between Line app and the game. We are gonna get this win.... Then, game goes down for 45 minutes and, not only are we robbed on the victory and possible #1 overall placement, 2 bosses and 2 other nodes are left standing and we get relegated to platinum 3.

How is this competition? How are the 30 top skill veterans supposed to proceed?

Insult to injury: we all open support tickets that got auto closed this morning with a generic reply.

@Kabam Miike we are not whining for compensation or asking for our boosts and pots back. We are competitors who enjoy playing the game for that very moment above. Please make this right. You have the data, this isn't something I am making up looking for a handout. Integrity of your most most competitive game mode is at stake here. Please do the right thing and be proactive about fixing this.

Thanks

Comments

• Please look at this and make things right, as our entire season placement is at jeopardy due to an unscheduled maintenance.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    @Kabam Miike if it’s true that you play the game, you should know how intense tier 1 wars are. 1-2 deaths decide the outcome. As a player, you should relate to what happened to us. Again, you have all the data.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Yall should have done it sooner kind of like the other team did that beat you. Early bird gets the worm?

I expected someone to bring that up... But do you really believe it’s fair? Truly? This was a strategy. We wanted to let them finish and see where we stand. Do you believe that planning for outages should be a part of war strategy ?

With the stability of these servers, I would not let the outcome ride on the assumption that a last minute push will win it for you. Fair? No, but the game goes down too often for that strategy.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Yall should have done it sooner kind of like the other team did that beat you. Early bird gets the worm?

I expected someone to bring that up... But do you really believe it’s fair? Truly? This was a strategy. We wanted to let them finish and see where we stand. Do you believe that planning for outages should be a part of war strategy ?

As a player I do understand your frustrations. This makes me think of co workers that are late for work and blame it on the highway construction that held them up even though many other co workers that come from the same direction made it on time. At some point, these people just need to leave a little earlier.
    Uhh but we didn’t come to work late, you see. We were perfectly on time
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    They won’t answer. It is what it is
  • If you have an online test to which you have an hour to complete and the online test sever goes down 45 minutes in... is it your fault that you didn’t finish the test in 45 minutes?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    You know even baseball has rain delays and make up games for inclement weather.

However since you did decide to wait till last minute, I don’t rewlly see an issue. It has been stated many times that while this is a strategy, it is a risky one. And if you’re willing to fske his strategy you should understand and be ok with the risk.

Is it fair that the game went down, well no it’s not. But remember the game went down for everyone and I am sure it cost more than just you and your alliance a victory. But what sets the top alliances apart from the average player is we pick up the pieces and move onto the next one.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

In baseball, if the game has to be called during play because of rain/lighting and you have the bases loaded and your star player at bat (after the 5th inning, i looked it up), you don't get to come out and replay. The game can get called and you lose. Should have scored earlier. No different here. It amazes me the amount of times i see people who wait until the last minute to finish AW. It makes no sense at all.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

In baseball, if the game has to be called during play because of rain/lighting and you have the bases loaded and your star player at bat (after the 5th inning, i looked it up), you don't get to come out and replay. The game can get called and you lose. Should have scored earlier. No different here. It amazes me the amount of times i see people who wait until the last minute to finish AW. It makes no sense at all.

Yeah that after 5th inning is key. Forgot about all the rules.
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73

However since you did decide to wait till last minute, I don’t rewlly see an issue. It has been stated many times that while this is a strategy, it is a risky one. And if you’re willing to fske his strategy you should understand and be ok with the risk.

Is it fair that the game went down, well no it’s not. But remember the game went down for everyone and I am sure it cost more than just you and your alliance a victory. But what sets the top alliances apart from the average player is we pick up the pieces and move onto the next one.

I think all of you pointing out the “risk” haven’t really understood one simple mechanic in this relationship between Kabam and the players.

Kabam sets the rules for the modes to make the game attractive. LikeMcdonalds creates new burgers to attract new customers. But they also have the responsibility to assure game is stable and the new game mode can actually be used in a fair way as intended. Like McDonalds is responsible that the new burgers are not having any health risk.
    At the same time many players may have used boosts or potions to set the ground to win a war. With the last hour taken away and thus a possible win all those investments also become obsolete. The only party responsible for assuring that imvesments don’t become obsolete is Kabam. And with that there still is Apple and Google to judge who should make sure that game modes like AW should be fair and also compensated if they don’t work properly.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Seasons will turn Alliance Wars into the most competitive, and lucrative mode in the game.

Tier 1 war, masters division, we are up by 2 deaths and are lining up boss killers to boost to the teeth and take down 4 remaining nodes, including 2 bosses. 40 minutes left, everything is set, everyone is watching, frantically switching between Line app and the game. We are gonna get this win.... Then, game goes down for 45 minutes and, not only are we robbed on the victory and possible #1 overall placement, 2 bosses and 2 other nodes are left standing and we get relegated to platinum 3.

How is this competition? How are the 30 top skill veterans supposed to proceed?

Insult to injury: we all open support tickets that got auto closed this morning with a generic reply.

@Kabam Miike we are not whining for compensation or asking for our boosts and pots back. We are competitors who enjoy playing the game for that very moment above. Please make this right. You have the data, this isn't something I am making up looking for a handout. Integrity of your most most competitive game mode is at stake here. Please do the right thing and be proactive about fixing this.

Thanks

If you had a war going on when the game went down early this morning you're only getting 2 of possible 3 alliance wars in this AW cycle. Missing alliance means not finishing in master tier.
  • Whitemummy_1Whitemummy_1 Posts: 12
    This was Kabam’s response:
    “Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.”

Imagine a football game being stopped because of a heavy rain. kabam’s response is like saying “ you should have scored your goals before the game was stopped and now you don’t get any points because you didn’t score in the first hour of the game”!!!!
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    How do you know you’re in p3 when standings are locked until the first week ends ?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    MirageNoir wrote: »

I think all of you pointing out the “risk” haven’t really understood one simple mechanic in this relationship between Kabam and the players.

Kabam sets the rules for the modes to make the game attractive. LikeMcdonalds creates new burgers to attract new customers. But they also have the responsibility to assure game is stable and the new game mode can actually be used in a fair way as intended. Like McDonalds is responsible that the new burgers are not having any health risk.
    At the same time many players may have used boosts or potions to set the ground to win a war. With the last hour taken away and thus a possible win all those investments also become obsolete. The only party responsible for assuring that imvesments don’t become obsolete is Kabam. And with that there still is Apple and Google to judge who should make sure that game modes like AW should be fair and also compensated if they don’t work properly.

I’d rather base my outcome on how it is than how it should be. Until they show improvement it’s just risky strategy to wait. It’s not cool, but that’s where we’re at until things improve.
  • Whitemummy_1Whitemummy_1 Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Wolf

I am an officer in New Nation, our goal for this season was to Rank first in the Master bracket and we have done hours of preparation and spent thousands of thousands to prepare for this season
    After the first war in the season we were the number one alliance in master bracket and we were up in our second war, it was a 100% win for us against ASR and then the game went down and we lost the opportunity to take down the bosses and win the war
    As you know you lose so many points if you don’t clear the map 100% and now not only we lost our chance to win the season 3 as rank one, but most likely we wouldn’t even be in master bracket.
    This is unacceptable
    Alliance wars at the highest level is a different scenario and requires so much planing up until the last minutes and taking away those last minutes from an alliance who was doing great and going forward based on a plan is not the same thing as taking away 45 minuets from a casual low level alliance. Also the rewards for top alliance that are competing at the top changes hugely from rank one to rank 10 or from master bracket to platinum bracket so that down time effected us very differently from other alliances in the lower levels.
    Before this we were at rank one in the master bracket and it hurt our season score so much that it took away any chance for us to get back to the top of master bracket, specially that seasons are shorter now
    So the auto reply that you sent to everyone is just not gonna work for our alliance and you have to fix our score because we know you have done it before for other alliances like MMXIV.
    We will not rest until this wrong doing that was done to our alliance gets fixed.
    please investigate what happened to our alliance properly and come up with a proper respond, we know you have the data but we have all the evidence and footage to backup our claim if you need us to provide you with some.
    I thank everyone for the feedback and appreciate this thread remain positive and constructive.

In the end, Kabam really needs to come out and spell out heir stance on the matter.
    edited August 2018
    Needless to say, mad respect to our opponent. It was a tight, intense war. Surely, as competitors, this isn't how they want to achieve victory either.

Please, for sake of integrity of the Contest, respond to this thread.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Needless to say, mad respect to our opponent. It was a tight, intense war. Surely, as competitors, this isn't how they want to achieve victory either.

I'm still trying to figure out how you know you are in Masters and how you know you'll be in Plat3 now?
  • Danp43Danp43 Posts: 14
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I'm still trying to figure out how you know you are in Masters and how you know you'll be in Plat3 now?

Very simple- it’s basic math- can track how many points we had, plus how many points we lost due to this outage issue, and guess about where we end up

As the OP said, Last season Kabam set a standard of what they are willing to do for an alliance that was subjected to technical issues and errors that are 100% their own fault, we have been penalized in a huge way because of a technical error that will cost us major season placement. So, we want to bring awareness to this issue, voice our concern, and allow Kabam to respond publicly like they did last season with war matchmaking issues... all the analogies and views of “well it’s your fault for not finishing...” are moot points because Kabam took away our ability to finish on time and to completion because the outage was extended enough..

So yes we deserve a better response and expect the season points to be made right
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Danp43 wrote: »
    Very simple- it’s basic math- can track how many points we had, plus how many points we lost due to this outage issue, and guess about where we end up

As the OP said, Last season Kabam set a standard of what they are willing to do for an alliance that was subjected to technical issues and errors that are 100% their own fault, we have been penalized in a huge way because of a technical error that will cost us major season placement. So, we want to bring awareness to this issue, voice our concern, and allow Kabam to respond publicly like they did last season with war matchmaking issues... all the analogies and views of “well it’s your fault for not finishing...” are moot points because Kabam took away our ability to finish on time and to completion because the outage was extended enough..

So yes we deserve a better response and expect the season points to be made right

That was 2 seasons ago. Someone already explained the known risk of starting war matchmaking late. Getting in 2 of 3 possible AWs per week isn't worth avoiding certain opponents because you know you'll be outmatched.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    That's awful. Sorry that happened. I can imagine the frustration. This game mode has been transformed into the most competitive game mode of all. Do we think comparing a server outage to rain is an accurate comparison? I'm not sure, but that feels like oversimplification.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    I feel like the probabilty that there will be a server outage during the last hour of your alliance war should be drastically lower than "maybe it will rain today."
  • Dukie5021Dukie5021 Posts: 29
    who's to say that you would have for sure taken out the 4 nodes(2 of them bosses) without taking 2 deaths? i understand the frustration, but, kabam nor anyone else can assume that you would've won the war to begin with. i understand the strategy, but, that's what it was, a strategy. if there wasn't a risk/reward to doing it that way it wouldn't be a "strategy" it'd just be the way. sucks that it went that way.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    You can be done within first 10 hours or so, don’t wait till last minute. Game can go down at any point in time, 30 veterans surely know this by now.
This discussion has been closed.