**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where Are Our Strong Female Avengers?

I noticed on the last “win with Avengers” challenge that on the list of Avengers they had 2 Caps, 2 Black Panther, 2 Vision, 2 Thor, 2 Hulk And 3 Ironman. But the only 2 females have 1 version Black Widow and Scarlett Witch, not only that but you can only get them as 2,3,and 4 stars... they don’t get any higher... So I ask you Kabam Where are our strong kick ass FEMALE Avengers?

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Well i mean technically there is rhe A-Force which is a tag in the game and they are literally a female only Avengers team. So that's where they are.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Are you making gender assumptions and coupling that with reinforcing stereotypical physical attributes?
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    You can't get BW as a 5*?!? Where have I been all my life. *Face palm*
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You know what we need?

ssssstRRROOOOOOONGGGGG.
    fffffEEEEEMAAAAALLLLEEEE.
    lllllllEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDS.

(shoutouttomaboiatadamdoesmovies)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Idk about strong female AVENGERS but there are some pretty strong female champs in the game
    30uoxagdoer9.png

Why do u need to bring this up tho? What is the end goal in mind? Just to complain or do u want kabam to buff the one if two female avengers(in the MCU) , one of which is already amazing (SW) so I don’t get ur point.
  • Scarlett Witch (Infinity War) Kabam please

Or Black Widow (Infinity War)
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Idk about strong female AVENGERS but there are some pretty strong female champs in the game
    30uoxagdoer9.png

Why do u need to bring this up tho? What is the end goal in mind? Just to complain or do u want kabam to buff the one if two female avengers(in the MCU) , one of which is already amazing (SW) so I don’t get ur point.

Why do you need to bring this up?
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    30uoxagdoer9.png

My point in bringing this up is... Where are the FEMALE Avengers! You only have 2 females with the Avengers tag and you cannot get them Past 4*... Why?
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Havick420 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    30uoxagdoer9.png

My point in bringing this up is... Where are the FEMALE Avengers! You only have 2 females with the Avengers tag and you cannot get them Past 4*... Why?

One of the reasons they weren't introduced past 4* is they would be too powerful
  • TwmR wrote: »
    30uoxagdoer9.png

One of the reasons they weren't introduced past 4* is they would be too powerful

I have heard that answer before, but that doesn’t make sense to me. And even if that is the case they’ve had plenty of opportunities to make different versions of them from all of the different movies that have come out since 12.0. Scarlett Witch and Black Widow are 2 of my all time favorite champs and I don’t like to see them Neglected this way.
    30uoxagdoer9.png

Well, back in my day (lol jk), when comics were in the golden and silver age, most of the heroes were dudes. Just how it was. Stuff is gradually shifting towards more female-dominant stuff now, but considering this is based on that, It’s just using source material. I suppose Wasp should be an avenger cause she was in the comics, but it’s mostly based on the MCU.

What I’m saying I don’t understand is why it matters that they are avengers specifically. There are plenty amazing X-men and other female champs, so I just don’t quite understand.

I do agree that all of the pre-12.0 gods and Wolvie should become 5* sooner or later tho
  • Havick420 wrote: »
    30uoxagdoer9.png

Well, back in my day (lol jk), when comics were in the golden and silver age, most of the heroes were dudes. Just how it was. Stuff is gradually shifting towards more female-dominant stuff now, but considering this is based on that, It’s just using source material. I suppose Wasp should be an avenger cause she was in the comics, but it’s mostly based on the MCU.

What I’m saying I don’t understand is why it matters that they are avengers specifically. There are plenty amazing X-men and other female champs, so I just don’t quite understand.

I do agree that all of the pre-12.0 gods and Wolvie should become 5* sooner or later tho

Yes there are great female champs in the game! All I’m saying is on the Last Win With Avengers Event I noticed if you used female Avengers they couldn’t score as much because they were limited to being a 4*, winning with a 5* is worth more. Can’t use Any of the marvels or she hulk because they don’t score points in that Event... So.... where are the strong female Avengers
    Ah okay 👌🏼
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    v4bqcwc8n9o2.png
    Avengers? Who needs the Avengers?
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Ok a non sarcastic response this time... You are complaining on the forums of a game that has about 50% of all the comics universe to pull characters from and could release 3 champs a month for the rest of my life and still not be close to adding all of the characters available to them and yet, on their own initiative and without requirement, they have created 2 entierly unique characters that did not exist in the marvel mythos at all and BOTH of those characters are women and both of them are strong in the game. Guillotine (who was the only champion that could complete ROL before the addition of void, so for over 2 years) and Morningstar (who is just a fun powerful character to play with and definitely worthy of rank 4/55 when awakened and there are tons of other characters that do not fall into that category). So please, stop complaining.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    ... on the Last Win With Avengers Event... female Avengers couldn’t score as much because they were limited to being a 4*.... where are the strong female Avengers?

Other strong female champions aside, this is a fair question (which Kabam alone can answer); but bear in mind that sometimes being an Avenger puts a target on your head. Void with a 'Fear of the void' synergy is a good example. Corvus is another.

Wait and see if the next event relating to Avengers does something like that - nodes specifically targeting Avengers, for example.

I think being an Avenger is likely to even out, overall.

Besides, if you're going to ask the question, you need to try and answer it, as well. Who whould you want as the next strong female Avenger?

Photon? Sersi?
  • Havick420 wrote: »
    ... on the Last Win With Avengers Event... female Avengers couldn’t score as much because they were limited to being a 4*.... where are the strong female Avengers?

Other strong female champions aside, this is a fair question (which Kabam alone can answer); but bear in mind that sometimes being an Avenger puts a target on your head. Void with a 'Fear of the void' synergy is a good example. Corvus is another.

Wait and see if the next event relating to Avengers does something like that - nodes specifically targeting Avengers, for example.

Besides, if you're going to ask the question, you need to try and answer it, as well. Who whould you want as the next strong female Avenger?

Photon? Sersi?

That’s true, but everything in the game has a counter or two.

I know that during the next IW movie we’ll most likely get the Blonde Black Widow and (hopefully) an IW Scarlett Witch

Dora Milaje, guard for Black Panther ( I had to look her name up, I won’t lie.)
    Sheri, I think her gauntlets would more powerful than Caps shields.
    Spider-Woman, I’d like to see how they incorporate her fear aura into a fight.
    Valkyrie, Red Skull? Really?
    And Bring Black Widow and SW to the 5* pool
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Ha.vick420 wrote: »

Photon? Sersi?

That’s true, but everything in the game has a counter or two.

I know that during the next IW movie we’ll most likely get the Blonde Black Widow and (hopefully) an IW Scarlett Witch

Dora Milaje, guard for Black Panther ( I had to look her name up, I won’t lie.)
    Sheri, I think her gauntlets would more powerful than Caps shields.
    Spider-Woman, I’d like to see how they incorporate her fear aura into a fight.
    Valkyrie, Red Skull? Really?
    And Bring Black Widow and SW to the 5* pool

If you had to look it up you didn't do a good job, Dora Milaje is not a person its an all female military regiment you are probably thinking of Okoye who was the most prominent member of the Dora Milajein black panther and infinity war movies. I do think she would have been a good addition during the black panther movie. Maybe they will bring her in during BP2. Although she wouldnt be likely to have avenger tag anyway.
    Shuri could also possibly have been added during BP and again could be added in BP2 but again would not likely have an avenger tag.
    Don't know much about spider-woman but avenger tags in the game seem to be strongly linked to mcu so would be unlikely to have the tag.
    Valkyrie would be a cool character but again unlikely to have avenger tag.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TwmR wrote: »
    30uoxagdoer9.png

I have heard that answer before, but that doesn’t make sense to me. And even if that is the case they’ve had plenty of opportunities to make different versions of them from all of the different movies that have come out since 12.0. Scarlett Witch and Black Widow are 2 of my all time favorite champs and I don’t like to see them Neglected this way.

Since 12.0 released in early 2017, the following movies have been released within the MCU: Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Infinity War. Exactly zero female Avengers show up in any of those movies until Infinity War. The first real opportunity to introduce new female Avengers was Infinity War and the two main ones already exist in the game: Black Widow and Scarlet Witch. And neither of them honestly changed dramatically enough from their first appearance in the movies to make it easy to feature them as new champions.

Your next big chance to get a female Avenger (if she is pseudo-retroactively made an Avenger) will be Captain Marvel when her movie comes out next year. Chances are her character will be substantively different from the comics and that makes it extremely likely we will get a cinematic Captain Marvel (ala BPCW) next year.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Ms marvel, black widow, she hulk, scarlet witch, wasp jane foster. But yeah no female avengers. Just because they don't have the #avengers in the name doesn't mean they aren't an avenger. Corvus is a villian though it doesn't say he is. Stop. The hashtag doesn't mean they aren't an avenger.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Your next big chance to get a female Avenger (if she is pseudo-retroactively made an Avenger) will be Captain Marvel when her movie comes out next year. Chances are her character will be substantively different from the comics and that makes it extremely likely we will get a cinematic Captain Marvel (ala BPCW) next year.
    She’s definitely different from the comics; her name was Ms.Marvel for 30 years before taking the mantle of Captain Marvel in 2012. I wonder why they changed it? I’m betting Cap dies and Disney tries to force Marvel as his replacement.

The current Captain Marvel was perennially in the shadow of the first Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) until relatively recently. I'm guessing that Carol became "Captain Marvel" in part to push her outside that shadow, in part as an overall plan to move a female heroine into a more prominent role in the Marvel Universe, and possibly in part with the knowledge that the character would eventually play a role in the MCU.
    I’m betting Cap dies and Disney tries to force Marvel as his replacement.

If anything Feige has wanted to feature more female superheroes more prominently than he has been able to in the past. He's said in interviews he was happy to see Wonder Woman succeed so spectacularly because it opened doors to him doing things like the Captain Marvel movie. It is also worth noting that Feige until relatively recently reported to the head of Marvel Entertainment, not Disney, and fought to gain more control over Marvel Studios (which he now has under Disney). From what I've read, Feige has far more control over the MCU under Disney than he ever had under Marvel directly: they pretty much let him do whatever he wants in the MCU as long as he keeps delivering.