Uncollected adaptoid. Yes again. Read on.

Yes I know I can stun lock him with Ronan and a few times I have done it but that means you only get 1 shot. Because if you sleep up once he kills you instantly.
After he killed my Ronan my Magik got him down to 25% and then died.
So my problem with this adaptoid is this: if you don't finish him before he gets down to 25% you might as well just quit because with auto power gain he gets to L1 without you even touching him which means after using it he gets unstoppable which means that with unblockable AND unstoppable you can't parry AND you can't intercept at all and by the time the unstoppable expires he usually gets power gain again and the cycle continues which mean no matter who you bring after is gonna die.
«1

Comments

  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Yes it’s tough but the unstoppable is only for like 3 seconds and the power gain isn’t permanent. You’ve just got to make sure you’re ready to intercept when unstoppable is over
  • MfallsMfalls Posts: 94
    Use Medusa with her armor shatter and none of these mechanics trigger while his armor is shattered
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 84
    It's only a bad fight if you don't have the counters. Thankfully I had a few hundred units stacked up. I only have to beat him about 3 more times XD. If I had of r5 my scarlet witch this would be a breeze.
  • BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 49
    Nebula with proxima synergy should shut him down
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Why not just revive your Ronan? He's still one of the best options imo.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Use SW, OGBP, Storm, Vision and Ronan.

    2 MLLLMs will give you a bar of power. There should be no issue.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,467 ★★★
    @Strategic you just have to be.....strategic. :)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Its just a bad fight and lazy game design.

    Actually it’s very good game design, there are a lot of counters for it. A lot.

    There’s so many different parts of the fight that you can think about and exploit, the fact it’s a robot, the large amount of buffs, the power gain, the healing. It’s only a bad fight if you let it.

    I beat it. Did uncollected at 100%. I was lucky enough to dupe my 5 star Ronan a couple of weeks back. I think its so badly designed because of it needing specific champs to make the fight doable and unblockable attacks (Kabam has using this too much as of late). You shouldn't have to resort to exploits to beat something unless its the Yellow Devil in Mega Man 1.

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    But I think the quest overall for Uncollected was just terrible design. Forcing people to either take a class disadvantage or have their attack power cut in half. That stupid node Rage which makes all attacks unblockable after they get 5 furies which they are going to get unless you have someone that nullifies. Throwing broken/bugged characters in the quest with BS nodes. ( Domino and Modok)

    Idk I know Uncollected is supposed to be hard but this month was more BS than hard. Just my opinion though.


    The point is to be a challenge, not to be something that you can take any champ in and be fine. It’s supposed to make you think.

    I’d agree with the specific champs bit, if there weren’t about 30 different champs who could quite easily beat him. If you don’t believe me, I made a post detailing each one. I think I had about 23 options and other people added 8 or 9 more.

    I didn’t have a Ronan or a medusa this month, or at least didn’t use them. My Ronan is 4* rank 3 and so is medusa. Rage is easy to deal with, take any mystic champion. Attack power cut in half is the same as doubling the Health. Not really an issue if you’ve become uncollected, you’ve dealt with worse.

    The only thing I agree with what you’ve said is about domino, she is broken and should not be there. Modok is fine though.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    That is not even remotely true. Those champs just make it a non-challenge. People always expect to just walk through monthly with their standard champs (Blade ...cough...cough). Well bravo to Kabam for changing the direction and actually making the monthly EQ engaging.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    That is not even remotely true. Those champs just make it a non-challenge. People always expect to just walk through monthly with their standard champs (Blade ...cough...cough). Well bravo to Kabam for changing the direction and actually making the monthly EQ engaging.

    Not gonna argue with dense peeps today. Where did Blade even come from? Where did I mention him? Did I ever say that I wanted to just walk through Uncollected? This event quest is not engaging its boring, long and drawn out, and could overall be better. You have your opinion I have mine. ✌
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Its just a bad fight and lazy game design.

    Actually it’s very good game design, there are a lot of counters for it. A lot.

    There’s so many different parts of the fight that you can think about and exploit, the fact it’s a robot, the large amount of buffs, the power gain, the healing. It’s only a bad fight if you let it.

    I beat it. Did uncollected at 100%. I was lucky enough to dupe my 5 star Ronan a couple of weeks back. I think its so badly designed because of it needing specific champs to make the fight doable and unblockable attacks (Kabam has using this too much as of late). You shouldn't have to resort to exploits to beat something unless its the Yellow Devil in Mega Man 1.

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    But I think the quest overall for Uncollected was just terrible design. Forcing people to either take a class disadvantage or have their attack power cut in half. That stupid node Rage which makes all attacks unblockable after they get 5 furies which they are going to get unless you have someone that nullifies. Throwing broken/bugged characters in the quest with BS nodes. ( Domino and Modok)

    Idk I know Uncollected is supposed to be hard but this month was more BS than hard. Just my opinion though.


    The point is to be a challenge, not to be something that you can take any champ in and be fine. It’s supposed to make you think.

    I’d agree with the specific champs bit, if there weren’t about 30 different champs who could quite easily beat him. If you don’t believe me, I made a post detailing each one. I think I had about 23 options and other people added 8 or 9 more.

    I didn’t have a Ronan or a medusa this month, or at least didn’t use them. My Ronan is 4* rank 3 and so is medusa. Rage is easy to deal with, take any mystic champion. Attack power cut in half is the same as doubling the Health. Not really an issue if you’ve become uncollected, you’ve dealt with worse.

    The only thing I agree with what you’ve said is about domino, she is broken and should not be there. Modok is fine though.

    It sure did make me think. It was challenging. But overall to me it was boring and could've been designed better. But I feel you we agree and disagree on some stuff and thats cool.

    I'm curious though. Who did you use to beat Adaptoid without Ronan or Medusa?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    That is not even remotely true. Those champs just make it a non-challenge. People always expect to just walk through monthly with their standard champs (Blade ...cough...cough). Well bravo to Kabam for changing the direction and actually making the monthly EQ engaging.

    Not gonna argue with dense peeps today. Where did Blade even come from? Where did I mention him? Did I ever say that I wanted to just walk through Uncollected? This event quest is not engaging its boring, long and drawn out, and could overall be better. You have your opinion I have mine. ✌

    I'm dense because I state a fact? The fact is there are many counters. In fact, there is an entire thread to help guide people. If people choose to ignore that, then who is the dense one here? The boss fights were actually a challenge for once. In the last two years, I can think of three other semi-difficult EQ fights - Ice Phoenix, Guilly, and Thanos. Adaptoid, Heimdall and Red Skull actually presented interesting fights as opposed to mashing on the screen. So my opinion is, again, thank you Kabam for not being boring.

    If your argument is that it could have been better - I'm legitimately curious as to your thoughts on how. As mentioned above, monthly EQ is as boring as arena. Mash through fights with the standard champs and collect your rewards. Sure, you could take in Ronan and smash the hell out of a few fights, but if you choose to do so, then so be it.

    If your entire argument is "he's hard when below 25%" - then perhaps don't die when he is under 25%. That's part of the challenge.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Its just a bad fight and lazy game design.

    Actually it’s very good game design, there are a lot of counters for it. A lot.

    There’s so many different parts of the fight that you can think about and exploit, the fact it’s a robot, the large amount of buffs, the power gain, the healing. It’s only a bad fight if you let it.

    I beat it. Did uncollected at 100%. I was lucky enough to dupe my 5 star Ronan a couple of weeks back. I think its so badly designed because of it needing specific champs to make the fight doable and unblockable attacks (Kabam has using this too much as of late). You shouldn't have to resort to exploits to beat something unless its the Yellow Devil in Mega Man 1.

    I get what you're saying too about the counters its just that from the way I see it, this month you were screwed if you didn't have Ronan or Medusa.

    But I think the quest overall for Uncollected was just terrible design. Forcing people to either take a class disadvantage or have their attack power cut in half. That stupid node Rage which makes all attacks unblockable after they get 5 furies which they are going to get unless you have someone that nullifies. Throwing broken/bugged characters in the quest with BS nodes. ( Domino and Modok)

    Idk I know Uncollected is supposed to be hard but this month was more BS than hard. Just my opinion though.


    The point is to be a challenge, not to be something that you can take any champ in and be fine. It’s supposed to make you think.

    I’d agree with the specific champs bit, if there weren’t about 30 different champs who could quite easily beat him. If you don’t believe me, I made a post detailing each one. I think I had about 23 options and other people added 8 or 9 more.

    I didn’t have a Ronan or a medusa this month, or at least didn’t use them. My Ronan is 4* rank 3 and so is medusa. Rage is easy to deal with, take any mystic champion. Attack power cut in half is the same as doubling the Health. Not really an issue if you’ve become uncollected, you’ve dealt with worse.

    The only thing I agree with what you’ve said is about domino, she is broken and should not be there. Modok is fine though.

    It sure did make me think. It was challenging. But overall to me it was boring and could've been designed better. But I feel you we agree and disagree on some stuff and thats cool.

    I'm curious though. Who did you use to beat Adaptoid without Ronan or Medusa?

    Wait so you’ve got me curious too. What would you consider not boring? A fight I consider fun is one that makes me think, like infinity war thanos, or adaptoid. The opposite of a fight that makes you think is like ghost last month, who you can take literally anyone against. That’s boring, because there’s nothing going on. What’s fun to you?

    I used nebula with Proxima midnight synergy
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,585 ★★★★

    I used nebula with Proxima midnight synergy

    I used a few different champs. Magik, Medusa, Corvus. On master I tried out several mystics with fate seal and stagger, also worked just fine.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,326 ★★★★
    jmce4s1m8anx.png

    This might not uncollected but it was an easy fight.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »

    I used nebula with Proxima midnight synergy

    I used a few different champs. Magik, Medusa, Corvus. On master I tried out several mystics with fate seal and stagger, also worked just fine.

    I started testing doctor strange 3/30 max sig 4* on Master adaptoid and he actually does pretty well. You can cancel out Vigor straight away with fate seal, it even gets rid of the timer for the rest of the match. Then with max Md you get sp3 after sp3, as long as you build some energy resistance stacks by hitting once fate seal has gone. Only issue was his damage. Took 230 hits to kill master.

    On uncollected if Nebula ever got Ko I would finish off with Corvus max 5*
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    Yeah DS was a long fight. Reminded me of fight ROL wolvierine with him.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 507 ★★★
    edited August 2018


    Wait so you’ve got me curious too. What would you consider not boring? A fight I consider fun is one that makes me think, like infinity war thanos, or adaptoid. The opposite of a fight that makes you think is like ghost last month, who you can take literally anyone against. That’s boring, because there’s nothing going on. What’s fun to you?

    I used nebula with Proxima midnight synergy [/quote]

    I like things like Life Transfer, Brute Force, Power Shield, Flare, and the node switches your health bars for a little bit. I know those were sprinkled throughout the quest but I wanna see more of those. These nodes don't screw you over but keep you engaged.

    Thanos was meh to me because the cutscenes which kept glitching out on me and let Thanos be right next to me and get an easy combo on me or with his death phase up just straight up killed me. I like the concept of Thanos I just would like to the cutscenes not be in the middle of the fight and stop my momentum. don't know what Uncollected was like last month because I was coming off a break from the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,808 ★★★★★
    As Bitter and BK mentioned, Nebs with the Proxima Synergy seems to work well. You just have to Bait the Specials and make sure you don't Parry unless you want to finish him off, otherwise you'll lose Charges and you won't have time to build 5 again.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    @Isman1998
    Thing is, all but Brute force out of the nodes you listed make the fight easier, perhaps more interesting, but easier. I think the adaptoid was one of the best fights in uncollected so far because it’s caused so much distress. Not that I like people to get annoyed, but it means it’s a challenge. But I’ve personally seen to the fact that it is not too hard, I’ve tried around 20 different champions on the adaptoid (5/50 or higher on the uncollected, below that on the master one) and there are so many counters it’s almost untrue to say it needs specific champs. Basically over 25% champs in the game can counter him.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    As Bitter and BK mentioned, Nebs with the Proxima Synergy seems to work well. You just have to Bait the Specials and make sure you don't Parry unless you want to finish him off, otherwise you'll lose Charges and you won't have time to build 5 again.

    I’m curious, not trying to dig at you at all here, this comment seems a bit more positive about the adaptoid, almost like you don’t think it’s a Bs unbeatable too hard fight. Am I wrong? Do you still think it should be nerfed? Just curious.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,808 ★★★★★
    As Bitter and BK mentioned, Nebs with the Proxima Synergy seems to work well. You just have to Bait the Specials and make sure you don't Parry unless you want to finish him off, otherwise you'll lose Charges and you won't have time to build 5 again.

    I’m curious, not trying to dig at you at all here, this comment seems a bit more positive about the adaptoid, almost like you don’t think it’s a Bs unbeatable too hard fight. Am I wrong? Do you still think it should be nerfed? Just curious.

    I knew it would be brought up. Lol. I still think it's a bit extra. I didn't really agree with nerfing it. I think it could have done without something. Too much going on at once. So, I still feel the same way, but there are ways around the Fight and I'm just trying to be helpful.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,897 ★★★★★
    As Bitter and BK mentioned, Nebs with the Proxima Synergy seems to work well. You just have to Bait the Specials and make sure you don't Parry unless you want to finish him off, otherwise you'll lose Charges and you won't have time to build 5 again.

    I’m curious, not trying to dig at you at all here, this comment seems a bit more positive about the adaptoid, almost like you don’t think it’s a Bs unbeatable too hard fight. Am I wrong? Do you still think it should be nerfed? Just curious.

    I knew it would be brought up. Lol. I still think it's a bit extra. I didn't really agree with nerfing it. I think it could have done without something. Too much going on at once. So, I still feel the same way, but there are ways around the Fight and I'm just trying to be helpful.

    Fair enough. I’m not gonna start the debate again, hope all the advice from everyone helped you in the end.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,808 ★★★★★
    As Bitter and BK mentioned, Nebs with the Proxima Synergy seems to work well. You just have to Bait the Specials and make sure you don't Parry unless you want to finish him off, otherwise you'll lose Charges and you won't have time to build 5 again.

    I’m curious, not trying to dig at you at all here, this comment seems a bit more positive about the adaptoid, almost like you don’t think it’s a Bs unbeatable too hard fight. Am I wrong? Do you still think it should be nerfed? Just curious.

    I knew it would be brought up. Lol. I still think it's a bit extra. I didn't really agree with nerfing it. I think it could have done without something. Too much going on at once. So, I still feel the same way, but there are ways around the Fight and I'm just trying to be helpful.

    Fair enough. I’m not gonna start the debate again, hope all the advice from everyone helped you in the end.

    I got the advice bit. I just think it was overboard. I still do. That doesn't mean I'm not stubborn enough to find a way past it. Actually, you're the one that gave me the suggestion to try, so thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.