**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which supposedly god-tier champ did you end up most disappointed in after getting them?

Comments

• HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Doctor Voodoo
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I think the difference is that Magik has a much better power lock and AA has a much better ability reduction. I find them both much better than a champ who can do a little of each. Don't get me wrong here though, I love Dr. Voodoo, and would love to take him to r4, but I just can't afford the t2a, so in the mean time my Magik and AA work just as well. I have to disagree with you on Magik though, I think she is fantastic and for the path I take in AW she is essential. I get node 27 which is usually Medusa, and also the 100% power gain node on top, which is usually useful to have Magik on. I can almost always solo node 27 Medusa with Magik, and she will almost always work against the power gain node also, so for me she is the key to my path (Which could be the reason I think she is so great). I think the main point that I would say is that Magik is the best at what she does. There is no champ that can power lock as good as she can, and there are a whole lot of scenarios where power locking is essential.

@Werewrym Solid points. Assigned war paths give more value to champions than most things in MCOC. You mentioned node 27, Magik is clutch for that miniboss regardless of who is placed there. AA is excellent for ability reduction unless he's fighting bleed/poison immune enemies. Gwenpool might be best for defensive ability reduction. If you want offensive and defensive ability reduction Luke Cage is very good except against debuff immune matchups. Voodoo may be the only champion who has offensive and defensive ability reduction that's not limited by things like immunities.

I agree with you on what you have said, like I've mentioned one of the reasons I don't take Voodoo up is because I don't think I want to use my last t2a on him when I already have champs that can do what he does. I realize he has more utility than most champs, but for now I haven't had issues on my lane in AW and so I don't see any point to using my precious catalysts on him. I also think that in the future when t2a are more accessible he would be one of the first on my list to r4. I am actually thinking about taking my Luke Cage up to r3 for Morningstar fights on the 100% power gain boss node. He's not duped though, so I would have to be careful to make sure she doesn't hit her sp3.
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Has to be Dr Voodoo. I got him in the basic arena and duped him n rd 2. He’s always been duped for me so when I got him as a 5star( I almost pissed my pants FAN BOY MODE) I expected him to be half way good. He’s really not the same unduped. We got from 100% chance to poison to what ever the chances is when he isn’t duped. My 5 star is 3/45 but I still use my 4star voodoo. When a quest calls for voodoo. He rapes red skull btw and simi rapes adaptoid if you can get to your sp3 and power sword him while removing his Heal and respawning your power sword.
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    For anyone hating on Voodoo awakened, you are crazy. Here's a list of his abilities.......
    - power drain
    - power gain
    - power burn
    - nullify
    - poison (massive against anyone who gains buffs)
    - regeneration
    - decrease defensive abilities

I can't think of anyone who has all that. All god tier champs have to be used a certain way to actually be 'god tier'

- Starlord = keep up combo
    - Morningstar = use correctly with souls and sp2 when they have buffs
    - Voodoo = specific when to use combos on certain champs
    - Blade = synergy, regeneration w/o getting hit
    - Sabretooth = build up furies
    - Iceman = keep ice armor active
    - Archangel = parry, heavy
    - Hyperion = parry, heavy, sp2/sp3

My point is that they all are god tier in their own way, but you have to completely play differently with each and play to their strengths
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    Blade. i have him 4/55, hes awesome, but not nearly as good as the hype was from people like Seatin, hes mediocre without danger sense, and bleed immune nodes are a pain to deal with. I have Corvus, Stark and Blade for War, (Corvus and Stark R5 so maybe an unfair comparison) and he definitely gets used the least. Lucky if he gets a fight a war.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Cyclops, Kabam themselves admitted he was an effective champ, just don't see where they're coming from,
    And voodoo
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Cyclops, Kabam themselves admitted he was an effective champ, just don't see where they're coming from,
    And voodoo

They were basing that on usage, and they are getting that data when thorn and slashtire node with unblockable sp1 is still a thing... Also when high sig DD is the only good counter...He is kinda useless as a defender now with champs like SS and those nodes removed.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Medusa. I have her at 3/45 and still find myself using Hyperion instead of her.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    For me it was also Starkey, I always seem to get clipped building poise, with the low health pool, mistakes are not easily forgotten.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    So dropping a generic gem on 5* Voodoo wouldn’t be a terrible idea?

Dr. Zola
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    DrZola wrote: »
    So dropping a generic gem on 5* Voodoo wouldn’t be a terrible idea?

Dr. Zola

Not at all. He doesn't need high sig level..........just needs awakened and he destroys so much content
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    People need to remember that this is an opinion thread. For every champ out there, someone will love them and someone will be disappointed with them. Just because one person is disappointed in a champ doesn't mean you will be. If you read this thread and took everyone's advice, you would never rank anyone up.

People on here are disappointed with Magik. I freakin' love my Magik. People here love Blade. I find Blade disappointing.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Blade and Sparky, only because I haven’t pulled either above 3*.
    I haven’t really been disappointed by any of the “god-tier” champs I’ve pulled. They are all fun to play and have their own strengths which set them apart from the rest of the champ options.

On the topic of Morningstar, I have one quick thing to add. Once awakened, she copies any fury, regen, or power gain buff the opponent procs, while decreasing the effectiveness of the opponent’s buff.
    Using a 4* 4/40 MS, I one-shot the Master Hydra Adaptoid (I’m not uncollected yet), and she shredded him. I copied his buffs for my own use, and cut the effectiveness of his buffs nearly in half. I only had 1 soul, so she didn’t have her full utility, but she is a really excellent choice for some of the more difficult bosses or nodes, especially the ones with strong regen or power gain buffs. Her soul mechanic only makes her better over time. She’s worth the time getting to know her mechanics.
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    Using a 4* 4/40 MS, I one-shot the Master Hydra Adaptoid (I’m not uncollected yet), and she shredded him. I copied his buffs for my own use, and cut the effectiveness of his buffs nearly in half.

Not to mention that is you run the MD mastery, once you get to an l2, the fight is basically over. L2 nullifies all the buffs leading to an almost instant L3. MS was my favorite to use against the adaptoid.

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Tbh mine is void. I mean he’s good but with all the hype I thought he was good without him being duped
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    edited August 2018
    Voodoo - Requires a high level of skill and a lot of attention paid to the wrong side of the screen. I've also found that people's consensus about how to use him (spam SP1) is not at all how I like to use him. I prefer to power lock with SP2 before I start spamming SP1's. It took me a long time of frustration to realize that about him. I have MD5 and am pretty good with him now and still hate using him.

Ghost Rider - You have to do so much to get him to regen and when he does the AI turtles up in the corner and doesn't give you an opportunity to hit hem to regen. Yes, there's been a few times he's worked out for me, but not as many as otherwise. His attack is weak, his bleed is weak, his power control is weak, so unless you can time his regen perfectly he's near-worthless. And he should be immune to poison and incinerate but he's not. I still sometimes almost take him into poison or incinerate fights and have to stop to do a double take. A guy who is a living ball of flame can be burnt - imagine that!

SS - Fly around the screen like a blind bat without attacking for the first 3/4 of the fight. If you're an evade god you'll build enough attack bonus to end the fight quickly thereafter. Most likely you'll just die trying to survive the first 3/4 of the fight though. :)
  • Chief_BladeChief_Blade Posts: 42
    Doc Ock

I love him as a champion but I don't really get to spam his Power Lock without Parry.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Blade2099 wrote: »
    His evade is not the of evade where you evade one hit and get rekt.
    If you evade one hit you evade the entire special

False. You should learn about him.

I am aware of the problem you are talking about but it was fixed a couple of months ago. Confirmed by Kabam Miike at the time and my personal use. It used to be really annoying that he'd sometimes evade the first part of the multi-hit specials and then get clipped by them after evading the initial batch. Some of us even theorized it might have been due to AV's ability to reduce evade abilities. But Stark Spidey now evades AV and Punisher's specials in full, without getting clipped.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Gotta say void favorite super villain but I duped hes not that good
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Blade. I don’t get why people say he soo good. I recently maxed him as a 4* and I don’t see why everyone was so hyped for him
  • ShadyOneShadyOne Posts: 12
    hephaestus wrote: »
    Voodoo - Requires a high level of skill and a lot of attention paid to the wrong side of the screen. I've also found that people's consensus about how to use him (spam SP1) is not at all how I like to use him. I prefer to power lock with SP2 before I start spamming SP1's. It took me a long time of frustration to realize that about him. I have MD5 and am pretty good with him now and still hate using him.

Ghost Rider - You have to do so much to get him to regen and when he does the AI turtles up in the corner and doesn't give you an opportunity to hit hem to regen. Yes, there's been a few times he's worked out for me, but not as many as otherwise. His attack is weak, his bleed is weak, his power control is weak, so unless you can time his regen perfectly he's near-worthless. And he should be immune to poison and incinerate but he's not. I still sometimes almost take him into poison or incinerate fights and have to stop to do a double take. A guy who is a living ball of flame can be burnt - imagine that!

SS - Fly around the screen like a blind bat without attacking for the first 3/4 of the fight. If you're an evade god you'll build enough attack bonus to end the fight quickly thereafter. Most likely you'll just die trying to survive the first 3/4 of the fight though. :)

Voodoo- Theres no “right” way to use him. It totally depends on who you are fighting. Got someone who buffs a lot? Use L1. Got someone who’s poison immune, use L2. Need power control, use L2

Rider- do you seriously have him? Or pay attention to how to use him? If not, you pretty much tailor how to stack the judgements on who you are fighting. For most fights, I use fury first, bleed second, which increases the bleed damage if you land it while fury is active. Then mix and match the rest. If you are telling me you can’t get enough hits landed to get you to 100% after you have stacked 3, 4, 5 judgements, which each increase the 6.75 second lifesteal by 5 seconds, I don’t know what to tell you. Just have to think for a second how you want to play. There isn’t one way, it all depends which ability you need more of

SS- he’s among the easiest to evade manually with, then add the occasional auto evade on attacks, and the frequent auto evade on specials, so I wouldnt say you need to be “an evade god”. Then the power drain if you need it, and attacks that hit crazy hard, crit often, and an L2 that destroys everything. Then the taunt, which is great, considering this game is pretty much all about baiting specials. Also add in he doesn’t depend on buffs or debuffs, pretty much making him useful for all content, save bleed/poison (although you can sometimes end fights fast enough). All it takes is practice with him. Also until you use him at 5* r4/r5, you wont see how great he is..

• So far for me it is Sabretooth, I have him @ 3/45 60 and I just don’t have room for him on my normal team

4/55 sig 100 Sparky
    4/55 sig 80 MS
    4/55 GR
    5/50 sig 80 Blade
    4/55 sig 60 KM

This is my normal go to for questing ^^^
  • ST KM synergy is great for Massochism but I still prefer MS for that node.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I’m always mystified at the negative Blade comments. His effectiveness is on the wane as the meta shifts, but there’s really been no more effective lane runner I’ve played with other than pre-12.0 Doc.

Consider his regen on demand, the ability to skewer mystics and villains (with synergies), bleed/power gain and an eviscerating Sp2 and he’s really a unique weapon.

Dr. Zola
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    edited August 2018
    I don't think it is negative. The topic is what God tier champ are you disappointed with once getting. The hype around blade is greatly exaggerated and people only want to highlight his strengths. The meta has changed since mystic wars however. He isn't effective against many new champs, defenses are cautious to place villians on certain nodes and new nodes are designed to counter him. With the recent changes on many paths it is foolish to bring the Trinity or even GR since you may need a poison immune, a IMIW counter, Regen reversal and other utilities that blade cannot do. Blade without danger sense is good but he isn't OP as the hype might make you beleive and without being able to bleed he isn't got tier, demigod at best. I only mention war since that is where he is mostly used, his Regen will make him relevant in AQ and EQ for a long time, he is great in map6.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I had a good buddy who complained for a long time about not having blade and he made plenty of comments about how he needed to be nerfed and how easy he made war. He eventually got blade and thought that he would be able to bulldoze everything with him, even though I explained to him that he has limits. Long story short he got him and then reality set in when he kept dying in war because he was using him on the wrong node or a bad matchup. He pm'd later and apologized for some of the comments that he made.He honestly believed you didn't need skill to play him. That is an example of how hyped Blade is or at least was. No one can live up to that kind of hype.
    Doc Ock

I love him as a champion but I don't really get to spam his Power Lock without Parry.

You can do it without parry. Just pin the opponent against the wall and intercept.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m always mystified at the negative Blade comments. His effectiveness is on the wane as the meta shifts, but there’s really been no more effective lane runner I’ve played with other than pre-12.0 Doc.

Consider his regen on demand, the ability to skewer mystics and villains (with synergies), bleed/power gain and an eviscerating Sp2 and he’s really a unique weapon.

Dr. Zola

His regen is cool, I don't like having to bring synergies to make him worth it to me to play, I feel he is weak against bleed immune champs (especially with out danger sense). Just so many champs I would rather bring in. I expected him to be this super amazing champ with how much people talk about him and stuff. And again this is my opinion on him.