Options

Fortnite

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
I just installed Fortnite on my android phone but as it's only available direct from the developer and not via playstore I'll be ok?

I read a comment from a mod that apps that aren't from playstore could flag up things on my phone that aren't allowed for mcoc and wanted to be sure it's ok

Comments

• Options
    Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Wrong Forum
  • Options
    No it's not, I'm asking about mcoc
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    If you're running the game through them, that's the issue. You're allowed to install whatever App you want on your device.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The_One wrote: »
    No it's not, I'm asking about mcoc

Oops sorry I didn't understand the question at first...but the title is kinda misleading
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,248
    Fortnite wouldn't be able to be used to modify the game, so you're good! It's only applications that can modify or unbalance the game itself that we are concerned with.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Hahahahahahaha I just thought of a new name for the mods: Orange Justice

Orange font and cyber justice (?) coming to a device near you
  • Options
    Fortnite wouldn't be able to be used to modify the game, so you're good! It's only applications that can modify or unbalance the game itself that we are concerned with.

Thanks
    I just wanted to be sure because it wasn't downloaded from playstore
  • Options

The mods have come out of hiding
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »

Thanks
    I just wanted to be sure because it wasn't downloaded from playstore

That comment is in reference to the App itself. Only acquire the game through the Play Store, through a device that legally uses it, no Emulators for example. I'm unaware of detection processes, but any program that can be used to modify the game is not allowed to run the game. For example, you can have Bluestacks on your device. You just can't run the game with it. As Miike pointed out, Fortnite can't be used to modify the game, so you're good either way.
  • Options
    cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Fortrash