**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

To awake or not to awake

Have a 4* ronan(3/5 can rank to 4/5),
I have a generic 4* awakening stone,

I haven’t finished master monthly quest can’t get past symbo boss.

What do I do I have a 4* Loki 4/5 though but not tried with him as yet.

Comments

• Options
    Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Don’t waste a generic on him. Do you have Medusa, Hyperion, Nebula, SW, Ghost Rider, Blade?
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Do you have 2* or 3* ronan awakened instead? Could save a gem for someone who really would benefit from it. I took down uncollected with 3* ronan. 2* should handle Master fine. Just have to live to get the L1 to fire off and then press fast and fire l1 again before stun runs out.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Don't do it! Do you have 3* Ronan? He will work just as well. A generic gem is not worth it for a champ that will help you on one months content. Use it on someone who will benefit you in the long run.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    DONT DO IT
  • Options
    Chris_L_HChris_L_H Posts: 162
    Agree with the rest. Don't do it. I was able to get past Master Smy with the 3* ronan. Only took a little over 100 hits I think. if you don't survive until L1 just use a small revive and try again. Much better than using a generic awakening on the 4*
  • Options
    WasuupWasuup Posts: 19
    edited August 2018
    @Thecrusher_9756
    I have a 4* unawakened nebula r3 & awaken r4 sw

@TitoBandito187 @Werewrym
    I have a 3* ronan awoken 99 he was r1 I manage to take him r3 but no cosmic cat to get him next rank and when I tried using him I revived even twice and never once managed to power to spec1 before diring.

Ok I’ll do this try with nebula if it’s ok using her unawakened.

Let’s say I defeat symbiot who shall I use against skull

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Wasuup wrote: »
    @Thecrusher_9756
    I have a 4* unawakened nebula r3 & awaken r4 sw

@TitoBandito187 @Werewrym
    I have a 3* ronan awoken 99 he was r1 I manage to take him r3 but no cosmic cat to get him next rank and when I tried using him I revived even twice and never once managed to power to spec1 before diring.

Ok I’ll do this try with nebula if it’s ok using her unawakened.

Let’s say I defeat symbiot who shall I use against skull

Use Nebula. If you have even a 3* Proxima, you start with 10 Charges. Maintain 5 and his Abilities don't trigger. Don't Parry or you'll lose Charges. Bait the L1, then smackdown.
  • Options
    SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    If you use the gem on him you’ll regret it the rest of your life
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Wasuup wrote: »
    Have a 4* ronan(3/5 can rank to 4/5),
    I have a generic 4* awakening stone,

I haven’t finished master monthly quest can’t get past symbo boss.

What do I do I have a 4* Loki 4/5 though but not tried with him as yet.

there are other good counters to beat him.
    ex: mordo with spamming sp2 / voodoo with spamming sp1
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Absolute worst case scenario is using that gem. Far above that scenario is one in which you don't complete masters for one month.
  • Options
    Not trying to get sympathy but last year in October my mum because of cancer got really bad so I basically lost interest in game in January she passed away and basically I didn’t play game maybe if remembered to login for login bonuses.

So last month with 2 days to end I managed to do 1 line on heroic monthly quest, I’m uncollected but feel unrepairable as I’m finding master so difficult it hurts.

Maybe because of 6* coming in gave they tweaked the difficulty a bit more but never remember master being this difficult or maybe I’m just not cut for it.

Yeah I’m in an alliance with only 2 other active players maybe they log in once a day but it’s no rules or expectations there
  • Options
    Raganator wrote: »
    Absolute worst case scenario is using that gem. Far above that scenario is one in which you don't complete masters for one month.

Damn I love that quote maybe I awaken and still fail finishing it, never thought that.

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Sorry to hear about you mom. That can't be easy.

This months quest is a little harder than they have been in the past. If you are just getting back into the game, just do what you can. The game has shifted quite a bit in the last few months - so just get done what you can and slowly build up to finishing master and uncollected.
  • Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Do it. You won't. Lol
    Seriously don't.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Hi man. Sorry for your loss.

Speaking as someone who has Awakened their 4* Ronan, I don't regret it, and never have.
    t6ndjuxl55e5.png

He has helped me clear content; but I'll admit he's not great end-game material. On the other hand, four-star champs aren't going to be your ultimate end-game champs either, so suggesting you'll "always regret" using a 4* generic gem is rather counter to the evolving meta of the game.

Having said that, Ronan is niche; and I unlocked mine a long time ago (before 100%ing Act 4) when I won a cosmic awakening gem; not a generic one. Would I have used a generic? Not sure - in fact, I'm sitting on two now, and it just seems like too much of an investment to use on almost any champion. It's the sort of decision that can paralyze choosing at all; but bear in mind: another gem will come at some point, and Awakening Ronan does turn a fairly poor champion into a much stronger one. He made this month's event contest very easy for me; just like he did with Sabretooth a few months ago. He tore through those pumped-up War Machines and Iron Men in the Chadwick Boseman challenge... So can others, I'll grant you, but maybe you don't have those champions yet, and maybe you never will. Trust me on this: you will use him again!

(This screenshot from the meme thread):
    bdsz9h9y9ehi.png

On the whole, despite being prepared to champion his cause, I wouldn't recommend you do it just for this challenge. But if you get a Cosmic gem, do consider it. Ronan is so much better than he gets credit for! 😀👍

Use the advice above; and/or take another run with your 3* Ronan. Parry/Stun + Pacify the Adaptoid to minimise it's Power gain, and you should only have to dodge a single SP1 before you get to yours. If you can build a Power Gain team around him giving +15-20% Power Gain, you may avoid having to dodge one at all.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I’m deciding as I the quest has like 3 weeks to go still, I’ll hold on to the awakening gem and try different variation if still unsuccessful maybe wait till cosmic daily quest and see if I get lucky enough to get cat to rank my 3* as the extra 500pi would help.

I’ve had that awaken stone for over two years was saving it, but like a year ago I decide to use on iceman but never managed to get iceman even with the $1 crystal that I swear I was going to pull iceman out the pool of champ but failed.

I’ll update in a week hopefully I’ll just be happy to one line the quest.

That’s said thanks for some great tips.