Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

1212224262751

Comments

  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 238
    .....or they're listening to the feedback and quite possibly discussing it further. Silence also means there isn't anything to add at the moment.

    one of the few times im completely agreeing with you. at this point this thread is out of hand. there are few wanting to keep it on track, and other randoms spewing out their emotions.
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    .....or they're listening to the feedback and quite possibly discussing it further. Silence also means there isn't anything to add at the moment.

    That wouldn't be smart, why let your customers keep being mad? Tell them we are discussing making it better.
    remember, theyre just the middle men. id actually hate it more if they said something to calm us down and it turned out to not be true
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    edited August 2018
    I would love it if the moderators were taking a stand.

    "Look, they're making valid points, and I'm not going back in there to give half-answers to the easy questions, and I'm not going to be put into the position of misspeaking or having to backtrack because you changed your minds like saying that a thing that was working as intended is suddenly a bug, or something stupid about frame rates."

    Oh, to dream.

    In all seriousness though this is such a huge issue, such a disappointing issue, that the moderators - who cannot speak towards business practices without authorization - are surely having their hands tied. They're PR and don't deserve the flack. The fact that they're not saying anything actually speaks somewhat toward corporate thinking "oh ****" and being very careful on how they proceed, making sure to satisfy customers, address problems appropriately the way they always (try to) do when the community says "no," and say nothing that can be construed as a lie, a misdirect, or just plain old not understanding how language works (like calling an apologetic compensation for melting 500$ computers something completely different like a thank you gift please grind more hope we don't melt your phone while you use that energy refill!)
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

    I understand there may be confusion here and want to clarify and confirm again for everyone. Lyra’s statement earlier in the thread is correct and the Summoner Appreciation Gift that is included in the Summoner Appreciation week is the compensation for issues in 19.0 previously discussed on the forums. I hope this is clear for you all now. As always, we welcome and thank you for your constructive feedback both about the gift and the event.

    That's just disgusting. Over 3 weeks of unplayable game an you guys begging the community to help you beta test an this it, pure shameful.

    You know, for all that I think Kabam has handled this situation poorly in general, and in most particulars, one thing I find inexplicable is players taking random swipes at the beta testing done on the client update. I've heard it characterized in lots of different ways, from "desperation" and "begging" for help, to a Youtuber actually calling it "shady" (which is bizarre on many levels).

    However frustrated we might be over some of Kabam's actions and messaging, we're only hurting ourselves characterizing the one thing they did right in anything other than a positive way.

    Oh no you find it inexplicable, please hold on a minute while find someone who cares
  • PennmabobPennmabob Posts: 667 ★★★
    Viva la revolución!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,567 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I didn't speak on their behalf at all. I spoke on my own behalf. I'm not even going to acknowledge the second part of that comment, especially in light of another Thread, which we know was closed.
    In fact, I've been pretty removed to respect the fact that people are upset and I didn't want to seem critical of the comments made by Mods, but since things have calmed down, I would like to try and clarify a few things.
    Perhaps a Disclaimer would be best. "The following opinions are my own, and are not represented or necessarily shared by Kabam as I am not a representative.". (Lol)


    One of the points of confusion is from the misconception that the Gwenpool Event was seen as part of the Compensation. That's not the case. The only mention of it was my own, and I was trying to display that we are getting quite a bit this month. Somehow that was misconstrued as an implication that it should count for it, but I was making the point that there's alot to be had this month. Probably not the best point to make. That was on me.
    Another point of confusion was the Summoner Appreciation comment. While I can't speak for the original comment and I'm not the voice of the Mod who made it, I believe what was being said was that the Package being given with Summoner Appreciation was the Compensation. However, the wording didn't come across as such, and another Mod clarified. Personally I don't consider miscommunication an act of High Treason. It's also relatable because it's not easy to communicate things in a way that everyone understands, especially when dealing with people who are frustrated. To be honest, there's a great deal of scrutiny with comments in general. Of course, communication is vital, but it's also forgivable when people word things unclearly. It's not easy to predict every angle someone may read something. That's my view.
    Summoner Appreciation is not really Compensation from what I understand it to be. It's a way of saying "Thank you for playing!". It's gratuitous, and there's no real standard of what's entailed. It's come up at different times, so I don't think it's reasonable to gauge that the last one was more. It's all extra, to be honest. Nevertheless, that's the week-long Event with bonuses such as XP, 10% Attack, and all that.
    The Compensation, gathered from comments, is the Package we are getting. Whether you call it a Gift or Compensation, that's what we're talking about, and I don't see much use in debating what it's called. That's what it is. As for whether it's enough, I am not going to debate what people feel is enough. They're entitled to that. I will point out that we don't even know how much of what is in each selection. In any event, the Summoner Appreciation is not the Compensation In my opinion. It's coming at the same time. Important to note because I do not believe they're passing one off as the other.
    I think one of the biggest triggers for people is the idea of 1000 Shards in it. Evident by the many references to it. Again, it was stated that there wouldn't be a large number. However if people feel that's not enough, I'm not arguing that their feelings are wrong. I'm personally not going to make that call because I don't know what else is being given and I see the total value, not just what I'm personally wanting. At least when it comes to assessing.
    I've wanted to clear those up as best I could, but to be totally honest, it's impossible to make any points when people are reacting so much. That's what happens. Valid feedback is lost in a pile of emotions and people picking at each other. Which is why I was trying to reason with people so their actual points could be heard.
    To summarize, I think some things have been lost in communication on both sides.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,210 ★★★
    They do not care clearly. The company must have enough revenue that our complaints are meaningless. So why do anything. World wide they make so much money they could care less about you. They have 85 million in China alone playing. So 8,000 pissed off americans. Pfft.


    Think about it.
  • Player644Player644 Posts: 37
    edited August 2018
    From all of what GW has said, I can see (at the very least) one good point. Maybe kabam are discussing what’s going on here. There is a large theme that kabam doesn’t listen to our feedback. Which I think is a silly thing to think. They do listen, they have to for the future of the game. But they don’t often act on it.

    As an example: Look at the dungeon thread, how much detail they went into explaining how are feedback affected it. If you truly think kabam didn’t listen to us, and they just guessed what our likes and dislikes on dungeons were, then you must think kabam are telepathic. They very clearly listened to us, and I think it’s just stubborn to assume they aren’t listening now. Thats why they’re combing through the thread now, deleting responses.

    However, I am not saying, “look guys, kabam will listen and change everything to happy dandy compensation and they all lived happily ever...” No. I’m not saying that. I’m saying, what is likely happening (in my opinion), is it is being discussed by whichever respective team deals with the community team, they are talking over the community response and whether it would be wise to change it.

    So you might ask, why stay silent? Why just leave us be?

    Damage control. If Miike or Adora or Lyra, Vydious etc came in here and said “Hey Guys, we have been listening to all your feedback and understand frustration. Please hold tight, we are currently discussing what the best thing to do is.” Then clearly, everyone would know that they might change it.

    Then: What if they don’t? What if they don’t change the compensation after saying they were talking about it. People would be far, far more annoyed than before. “You said you were talking about it, you clearly don’t care!” Etc.

    TL:DR
    Kabam are, and have to be, listening. They are likely discussing any changes but can’t tell us, since if they do tell us and they don’t change compensation, the community will riot

    Obviously they are listening I'm not debating that or any other troll attempt, the majority of us are asking for a response. Something simple along the lines of "we understand your frustration and have passed this info on to our management, expect a response as soon as we have one" there, that's not so hard is it!?

    Communication is a two way street
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 314
    Player644 wrote: »
    We should be able to freely communicate with their public relations department which in a way the mods are. Maybe have a Q%A sometimes, maybe respond when tagged. There is no reason for silence it is nothing but ignorant and further validates our claims that kabam couldn't care less if we feel appreciated. It is EASY for them to keep us updated on all things mcoc yet they don't respond on truly distressing subject. The 19.1 bugs thread is another incident where they are failing to communicate with their customers and all that on top of the deleted threads and legitimate comments. They need a rude awakening on how consumers should be treated.

    We should be allowed to ask why and they should be able to give a response, anything less is not good public relations.

    I think your expectations are not set in reality. The mods just help moderate the forums and help deliver information once they have information. They can’t reapond to every time they are tagged it’s just unrealistic ecoections on your part. They only delete threads or posts that violate the rules. Just because someone doesn’t like the answer given in one thread doesn’t mean to open a new one.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    .....or they're listening to the feedback and quite possibly discussing it further. Silence also means there isn't anything to add at the moment.

    There's plenty to add. And it's highly unlikely there's any discussion going on. This latest announcement was the result of 6+ weeks of meetings and we see how that worked out.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    From all of what GW has said, I can see (at the very least) one good point. Maybe kabam are discussing what’s going on here. There is a large theme that kabam doesn’t listen to our feedback. Which I think is a silly thing to think. They do listen, they have to for the future of the game. But they don’t often act on it.

    As an example: Look at the dungeon thread, how much detail they went into explaining how are feedback affected it. If you truly think kabam didn’t listen to us, and they just guessed what our likes and dislikes on dungeons were, then you must think kabam are telepathic. They very clearly listened to us, and I think it’s just stubborn to assume they aren’t listening now. Thats why they’re combing through the thread now, deleting responses.

    However, I am not saying, “look guys, kabam will listen and change everything to happy dandy compensation and they all lived happily ever...” No. I’m not saying that. I’m saying, what is likely happening (in my opinion), is it is being discussed by whichever respective team deals with the community team, they are talking over the community response and whether it would be wise to change it.

    So you might ask, why stay silent? Why just leave us be?

    Damage control. If Miike or Adora or Lyra, Vydious etc came in here and said “Hey Guys, we have been listening to all your feedback and understand frustration. Please hold tight, we are currently discussing what the best thing to do is.” Then clearly, everyone would know that they might change it.

    Then: What if they don’t? What if they don’t change the compensation after saying they were talking about it. People would be far, far more annoyed than before. “You said you were talking about it, you clearly don’t care!” Etc.

    TL:DR
    Kabam are, and have to be, listening. They are likely discussing any changes but can’t tell us, since if they do tell us and they don’t change compensation, the community will riot
    If they are then they should say that they are in discussions rather then letting us think they are just waiting for this to blow over

    Like I said in my post, which you have seemed to ignore, i think people would be even more annoyed if kabam said they were talking about it and then nothing happened. I think kabam believes the same
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    Player644 wrote: »
    From all of what GW has said, I can see (at the very least) one good point. Maybe kabam are discussing what’s going on here. There is a large theme that kabam doesn’t listen to our feedback. Which I think is a silly thing to think. They do listen, they have to for the future of the game. But they don’t often act on it.

    As an example: Look at the dungeon thread, how much detail they went into explaining how are feedback affected it. If you truly think kabam didn’t listen to us, and they just guessed what our likes and dislikes on dungeons were, then you must think kabam are telepathic. They very clearly listened to us, and I think it’s just stubborn to assume they aren’t listening now. Thats why they’re combing through the thread now, deleting responses.

    However, I am not saying, “look guys, kabam will listen and change everything to happy dandy compensation and they all lived happily ever...” No. I’m not saying that. I’m saying, what is likely happening (in my opinion), is it is being discussed by whichever respective team deals with the community team, they are talking over the community response and whether it would be wise to change it.

    So you might ask, why stay silent? Why just leave us be?

    Damage control. If Miike or Adora or Lyra, Vydious etc came in here and said “Hey Guys, we have been listening to all your feedback and understand frustration. Please hold tight, we are currently discussing what the best thing to do is.” Then clearly, everyone would know that they might change it.

    Then: What if they don’t? What if they don’t change the compensation after saying they were talking about it. People would be far, far more annoyed than before. “You said you were talking about it, you clearly don’t care!” Etc.

    TL:DR
    Kabam are, and have to be, listening. They are likely discussing any changes but can’t tell us, since if they do tell us and they don’t change compensation, the community will riot

    Obviously they are listening I'm not debating that or any other troll attempt, the majority of us are asking for a response. Something simple along the lines of "we understand your frustration and have passed this info on to our management, expect a response as soon as we have one" there, that's not so hard is it!?

    Communication is a two way street

    Again, like I said in my post, I don’t think kabam wants to do that incase they end up not doing anything. I also think people would be more annoyed if kabam said they were talking about it and then nothing happened.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    Player644 wrote: »
    Player644 wrote: »
    From all of what GW has said, I can see (at the very least) one good point. Maybe kabam are discussing what’s going on here. There is a large theme that kabam doesn’t listen to our feedback. Which I think is a silly thing to think. They do listen, they have to for the future of the game. But they don’t often act on it.

    As an example: Look at the dungeon thread, how much detail they went into explaining how are feedback affected it. If you truly think kabam didn’t listen to us, and they just guessed what our likes and dislikes on dungeons were, then you must think kabam are telepathic. They very clearly listened to us, and I think it’s just stubborn to assume they aren’t listening now. Thats why they’re combing through the thread now, deleting responses.

    However, I am not saying, “look guys, kabam will listen and change everything to happy dandy compensation and they all lived happily ever...” No. I’m not saying that. I’m saying, what is likely happening (in my opinion), is it is being discussed by whichever respective team deals with the community team, they are talking over the community response and whether it would be wise to change it.

    So you might ask, why stay silent? Why just leave us be?

    Damage control. If Miike or Adora or Lyra, Vydious etc came in here and said “Hey Guys, we have been listening to all your feedback and understand frustration. Please hold tight, we are currently discussing what the best thing to do is.” Then clearly, everyone would know that they might change it.

    Then: What if they don’t? What if they don’t change the compensation after saying they were talking about it. People would be far, far more annoyed than before. “You said you were talking about it, you clearly don’t care!” Etc.

    TL:DR
    Kabam are, and have to be, listening. They are likely discussing any changes but can’t tell us, since if they do tell us and they don’t change compensation, the community will riot

    Obviously they are listening I'm not debating that or any other troll attempt, the majority of us are asking for a response. Something simple along the lines of "we understand your frustration and have passed this info on to our management, expect a response as soon as we have one" there, that's not so hard is it!?

    Communication is a two way street

    Again, like I said in my post, I don’t think kabam wants to do that incase they end up not doing anything. I also think people would be more annoyed if kabam said they were talking about it and then nothing happened.

    You don't think? So what part of your response is factually correct? NOTHING!! stop with these grandiose assumptions and troll harder next time

    We’re on the same side here, so I’d advise giving up the 12 y/o kid act telling those who have different opinions that they’re trolls. Generally, only trolls have that attitude themselves.

    all I’m doing is offering another possible reason kabam aren’t responding, based on 3 and a half years of playing this game and seeing how they work. Usually, when kabam say they’re talking about something, and nothing comes from it, the community is more outraged than if kabam had just let it as it is.



  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    I don't think they are going to change any plans. Set your expectations low like I do and you'll never be hurt. Lol
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 238
    Player644 wrote: »
    Player644 wrote: »
    From all of what GW has said, I can see (at the very least) one good point. Maybe kabam are discussing what’s going on here. There is a large theme that kabam doesn’t listen to our feedback. Which I think is a silly thing to think. They do listen, they have to for the future of the game. But they don’t often act on it.

    As an example: Look at the dungeon thread, how much detail they went into explaining how are feedback affected it. If you truly think kabam didn’t listen to us, and they just guessed what our likes and dislikes on dungeons were, then you must think kabam are telepathic. They very clearly listened to us, and I think it’s just stubborn to assume they aren’t listening now. Thats why they’re combing through the thread now, deleting responses.

    However, I am not saying, “look guys, kabam will listen and change everything to happy dandy compensation and they all lived happily ever...” No. I’m not saying that. I’m saying, what is likely happening (in my opinion), is it is being discussed by whichever respective team deals with the community team, they are talking over the community response and whether it would be wise to change it.

    So you might ask, why stay silent? Why just leave us be?

    Damage control. If Miike or Adora or Lyra, Vydious etc came in here and said “Hey Guys, we have been listening to all your feedback and understand frustration. Please hold tight, we are currently discussing what the best thing to do is.” Then clearly, everyone would know that they might change it.

    Then: What if they don’t? What if they don’t change the compensation after saying they were talking about it. People would be far, far more annoyed than before. “You said you were talking about it, you clearly don’t care!” Etc.

    TL:DR
    Kabam are, and have to be, listening. They are likely discussing any changes but can’t tell us, since if they do tell us and they don’t change compensation, the community will riot

    Obviously they are listening I'm not debating that or any other troll attempt, the majority of us are asking for a response. Something simple along the lines of "we understand your frustration and have passed this info on to our management, expect a response as soon as we have one" there, that's not so hard is it!?

    Communication is a two way street

    Again, like I said in my post, I don’t think kabam wants to do that incase they end up not doing anything. I also think people would be more annoyed if kabam said they were talking about it and then nothing happened.

    You don't think? So what part of your response is factually correct? NOTHING!! stop with these grandiose assumptions and troll harder next time

    We’re on the same side here, so I’d advise giving up the 12 y/o kid act telling those who have different opinions that they’re trolls. Generally, only trolls have that attitude themselves.

    all I’m doing is offering another possible reason kabam aren’t responding, based on 3 and a half years of playing this game and seeing how they work. Usually, when kabam say they’re talking about something, and nothing comes from it, the community is more outraged than if kabam had just let it as it is.



    100% with you. i said the same thing. People are beginning to argue with emotions at this point and its not helping. Arguing with emotions just makes more people upset over the matter, even when on the same side. ignore the guy and keep this post moving in a good direction
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,334 Guardian
    edited August 2018
    This thread is turning into a Civil War... #TeamCap

    z6e412y4w0tk.jpg

    Don't forget what the real point of this thread is. If you aren't going to share your opinion on the summoner appreciation event than you are wasting your time here.
  • Player644 wrote: »
    The last thing we need is posters giving their opinion on kabams behalf, they should be doing that themselves. Anything that posters "think" is completely irrelevant and only a mod response will suffice.

    Well this is just a discussion so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some may agree with Kabam, but the vast majority are in opposition, which speaks volumes to Kabam. Whether they decide to act on that is still to be determined.
  • Player644Player644 Posts: 37
    edited August 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Player644 wrote: »
    The last thing we need is posters giving their opinion on kabams behalf, they should be doing that themselves. Anything that posters "think" is completely irrelevant and only a mod response will suffice.

    Well this is just a discussion so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some may agree with Kabam, but the vast majority are in opposition, which speaks volumes to Kabam. Whether they decide to act on that is still to be determined.

    Entitled to their own opinion yes but when they've misconstrued their opinion with kabams well that's where it differs. Don't wanna argue with anyone let's stop the derailment now.
  • Player644Player644 Posts: 37
    edited August 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s necessary to come on here and say anything about ongoing discussions, if there are any.

    But I do think it’s incumbent on the team to provide some definition around how they arrived at this point. There’s disappointment, yes; we have to assume the team cares at least somewhat about the community and their customers; clearly, they’ve read the forums posts, and the message is pretty clear.

    So give it a go. Obviously, someone thought this was a solid idea. Bolster that person’s courage a little and trot them out here to provide a little explanation. They don’t even have to stick around and the whole team can vet the statement to make sure it doesn’t run afoul of anything. But failure to even defend the “thing” they are giving the community implies even they don’t believe in it.

    Who knows? Maybe it changes some minds. Maybe it calms things. Maybe there’s more going on than we all know and we will feel like utter fools when they shower us with amazing and reliable content and prizes. Maybe there’s a very good reason to do things this way.

    Again, I don’t know. Just step up to the mike and give it a whirl.

    Dr. Zola

    Exactly bro it can't hurt any more than it has to try and engage with the fans and explain how they came to this conclusion. That's not much to ask for at all as we are the consumer, no other business runs this way. Transparency is something that was promised and should be expected from all businesses with a large consumer base. The thing I would appreciate the most is a working game, the compensation and appreciation will not be able to help the vast majority who are still affected by a vast number of bugs .
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,910 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Player644 wrote: »
    Anything that posters "think" is completely irrelevant.

    You realise the irony in this is that you are simply providing what you “think” as well. You have no fact to base your opinion on either, but I’m not telling you not to speak or that what you say is irrelevant.

    Regardless, I’m done with this conversation, just think about your posts and whether they are actually helping the situation. Kabam won’t come and say that you’re right just because you had a hissy fit. They respond better to constructive, intelligent and well meaning posts as opposed to what you’re doing.
  • DrZola wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s necessary to come on here and say anything about ongoing discussions, if there are any.

    But I do think it’s incumbent on the team to provide some definition around how they arrived at this point. There’s disappointment, yes; we have to assume the team cares at least somewhat about the community and their customers; clearly, they’ve read the forums posts, and the message is pretty clear.

    So give it a go. Obviously, someone thought this was a solid idea. Bolster that person’s courage a little and trot them out here to provide a little explanation. They don’t even have to stick around and the whole team can vet the statement to make sure it doesn’t run afoul of anything. But failure to even defend the “thing” they are giving the community implies even they don’t believe in it.

    Who knows? Maybe it changes some minds. Maybe it calms things. Maybe there’s more going on than we all know and we will feel like utter fools when they shower us with amazing and reliable content and prizes. Maybe there’s a very good reason to do things this way.

    Again, I don’t know. Just step up to the mike and give it a whirl.

    Dr. Zola

    Just as body language can speak volumes in real life, so too can the behavior of moderators on the forums. I hope they realize that by not addressing our concerns they are only confirming what we the customers believe and making things far worse for themselves in the long run. No problem can be solved by ignoring it. It is time to act before the situation is past rectifying.
  • Player644Player644 Posts: 37
    edited August 2018
    Player644 wrote: »
    Anything that posters "think" is completely irrelevant.

    You realise the irony in this is that you are simply providing what you “think” as well. You have no fact to base your opinion on either, but I’m not telling you not to speak or that what you say is irrelevant.

    Regardless, I’m done with this conversation, just think about your posts and whether they are actually helping the situation. Kabam won’t come and say that you’re right just because you had a hissy fit. They respond better to constructive, intelligent and well meaning posts as opposed to what you’re doing.

    See you didn't quote the whole statement and confirming you are trolling. People giving opinions on kabams behalf was my point and it's valid which is why you skipped over that part. Lmao

    " i think that they think" is not valid.
This discussion has been closed.