Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Wolverine

Can a Kabam representative tell me why there is no five star Wolverine. Wolverine is one of the most popular and loved characters in the marvel universe, but yet no five star Wolverine in mcoc.

Comments

• Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Anyone else want to take this?
  • Options
    mbzbombzbo Posts: 34
    They could modify his regen ability, easy fix, same thing with Scarlet Witch, and make OG Vision available in crystals, and not for $500 or however much they were selling him for.
  • Options
    John357, that is funny though
  • Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    John757 wrote: »
    Hugh Jackman specifically asked for wolverine not to be a Five Star

The Jackedman doesn't ask. He says, you do.
  • Options
    Not having one of the most popular Marvel characters because he’s too strong, is like giving a descriptive narrative of a three dimensional object from a two dimensional perspective, very easy and obvious fix
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    So what if there's no 5* wolvie, there's still 1* to 4* versions of him. And just because a character is popular and loved doesn't mean he needs a 5* version.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    mbzbo wrote: »
    John357, that is funny though

I try 👍
  • Options
    Idk maybe cuz fish and stuff
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    There are a dozen 5* champs more interesting than wolverine...and everyone dosent bleed
  • Options
    The Squish 671, you are correct my friend, there doesn’t have to be a 5* Wolverine, but him being a highly desired character by many players, that is popular and loved, is a reason to create a 5* version, not only from a player standpoint, but also from a business standpoint, Kabam would rake in an enormous amount of money by releasing him. Look at Blade, you think he is so popular because he is Blade, in most cases no, he’s a regen champ is why, you combine that with the desire by the people to have him, BOOM, money for Kabam and the people are happy.
  • Options
    Rajuteda, I agree with your comment also, many champs are more interesting, but he is still highly desired, him being not as interesting and still highly sought, should give you your sign.
  • Options
    The 1* to 4* versions can only compete in the lower levels of competition, give us a version, I’m not saying completely overpowering, but a version we can utilize in higher game content.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    mbzbo wrote: »
    The 1* to 4* versions can only compete in the lower levels of competition, give us a version, I’m not saying completely overpowering, but a version we can utilize in higher game content.

I think the game team would say that the 5* OML and X23 are the versions they are comfortable with for higher game content. I don’t know first hand, but I suspect that’s probably one of the ways they view it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    The real reason that there aren't 5 star versions of certain characters is that there isn't a reason.

The people who say "its because a 5 star version of that character would be too powerful" forget that Black Bolt, Abomination, Magneto Marvel Now, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, War Machine and Joe Fix-it are also on that list.

The "reason" is that they are all characters that were created before 5 stars were a thing and weren't added to the original 5 star crystal.
  • Options
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    The real reason that there aren't 5 star versions of certain characters is that there isn't a reason.

The people who say "its because a 5 star version of that character would be too powerful" forget that Black Bolt, Abomination, Magneto Marvel Now, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, War Machine and Joe Fix-it are also on that list.

The "reason" is that they are all characters that were created before 5 stars were a thing and weren't added to the original 5 star crystal.

Explain me **** like colossus, Groot, etc in the 5* crystal then..
  • Options

Explain me **** like colossus, Groot, etc in the 5* crystal then..

Is that supposed to be related at all to anything that I said?
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Wolverine Regen would be too OP Magik literally can't die if u use her right. MS with 5 souls won't die if u u don't get hit. Blade is almost unkillable if used right. King Groot won't die if u got him duped. Mephisto is very hard to die while using him. Care to explain how Wolverines would be more OP then theirs ? If Magik CANNOT die ? Nor take any damage ?
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Ummmm they still add characters into the 5* crystal... Months back they used to add them by groups so that's not an actual reason, unless I am misunderstanding u ?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Namelez wrote: »

Ummmm they still add characters into the 5* crystal... Months back they used to add them by groups so that's not an actual reason, unless I am misunderstanding u ?

Yes, it's not a reason. That's why I said "there isn't a reason". They could do it, but they aren't doing it.
  • Options
    CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    Wolverine is a 5*. They just put his name as old man Logan and yeah his regen is really op
  • Options
    Maybe one day he will be added
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Just use X-23
  • Options
    DukeS, she is good, but don’t have her as a five yet, I’d love to have her but not quite Wolverine