**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is a 4* quake worth maxing out?

I have seen some videos of quake being used very effectively as a 5* champion, but as a 4* she can only be so powerful. Would you rank 5 a 4* quake?

Is a 4* quake worth maxing out? 94 votes

Yes
85%
Alex_sc11DrZolaWilljackson16Darkstar4387dangerbluTheSOURATheManMythLegendfish8sixCapMark2MagrailothosRichiesDad79Foxhero007NEO_mr_AndersonSteelheadDOKTOROKTOPUSRCunhaTwmRM1k0rinRA_ARRokhorne 80 votes
No
9%
Timone147Spity68HotCarlosGNASTYDEYSkrauserhuntCannovarNoob1980Cage_1 9 votes
Other
5%
guardianbelikovbuffajradqqedfyvrcx23433Championcritic 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    No
    I am sorry WHAT!!
    85% ppl saying that you should take Quake to rank 5?

Look at the harder content, event quests coming out or the champs being created. There's power gain, stun immune, and double hit champs that cannot be parried.

How will Quake fight these?

Honestly, I dont think that a 4* Quake is worth ranking up, given the rank up materials and the current state where the game is headed. A 4* R5 champ should be able to take on the hardest of stuff ie VOID.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes quake is very much worth ranking up unless u got a duped void or an unduped one and have a chance of duping him..or u got a top science champ as a 5*(any hulk beside she hulk,luke cage,wasp)...quake is an amazing sentinel counter in aq as her playstyle does not let them gain any analysis..I use my 4/40 in aq every day in a 54433 map run... although she doesn't have much use in act 5 cuz the block damage is pretty nuts and most of the global nodes require u to hit the opponent..but having said that I feel that in the future quake will face trouble in wars with many new champs being kinda anti to her playstyle
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    Yes quake is very much worth ranking up unless u got a duped void or an unduped one and have a chance of duping him..or u got a top science champ as a 5*(any hulk beside she hulk,luke cage,wasp)...quake is an amazing sentinel counter in aq as her playstyle does not let them gain any analysis..I use my 4/40 in aq every day in a 54433 map run... although she doesn't have much use in act 5 cuz the block damage is pretty nuts and most of the global nodes require u to hit the opponent..but having said that I feel that in the future quake will face trouble in wars with many new champs being kinda anti to her playstyle

Please, your quake is just 4/40. You answer 'Yes' and yet contradict your own points. (she's not that good in high end content)

The guy is asking if ranking her to 5 is any useful. I say it is a waste of resources.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    @krauserhunt so what if mine is 4/40...if I hadn't had my void duped from the arena,I would have ranked quake up...not everyone has access to so called god tiers and quake is really useful for low/mid level wars and for monthly quest even in master mode where I use her for a lot of fights...she makes the fights against autoblocking and evade champs quite easy till the time u can play them effectively with other champs...yes she does fail against some champs but how common are they in mid-low tier of the game??
    Considering her usability i think she is worth r5 cuz arguably she is amongst the top 3 science champs and has a lot of use in the game
    And yes I did list the content where she kind of falls down in the pecking order but that by no means imply that she is not worth r5
  • Options
    DarkQuakeDarkQuake Posts: 74
    Yes
    She defo worth ranking up imo. If you know how to use her well she can be a destroyer and imo people who say she not worth ranking up to rank 5 is because they dont know how to use her. I use my 2* max quake against 4k pi champ and she does the job for me
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Yes
    I am sorry WHAT!!

Look at the harder content, event quests coming out or the champs being created. There's power gain, stun immune, and double hit champs that cannot be parried.

Honestly, I dont think that a 4* Quake is worth ranking up, given the rank up materials and the current state where the game is headed. A 4* R5 champ should be able to take on the hardest of stuff ie VOID.

I find Rulk and Luke to be a little better than Void but that's just me and my opinion don't have a 4 or 5* Void yet soooo LoL
  • Options
    No
    @krauserhunt so what if mine is 4/40...if I hadn't had my void duped from the arena,I would have ranked quake up...not everyone has access to so called god tiers and quake is really useful for low/mid level wars and for monthly quest even in master mode where I use her for a lot of fights...she makes the fights against autoblocking and evade champs quite easy till the time u can play them effectively with other champs...yes she does fail against some champs but how common are they in mid-low tier of the game??
    Considering her usability i think she is worth r5 cuz arguably she is amongst the top 3 science champs and has a lot of use in the game

I am sorry, what again?

You are saying that it is ok to rank up a 4* to rank 5 because she can clear a few champs on lower and mid tier of a game. I honestly think that's unacceptable and a worthy 5* can be upgraded for all those resources.

Enlighten me please, how will quake fight a stun immune Modok or Spidey.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Yes
    5/50 sig 99 all the way, i love her
  • Options
    Yes
    Yea right...let's bring in stun immunity to the discusson...did I say that she was an answer to everything..no cuz she is not...that's like saying AA does not deserve r5 cuz he is not effective against bleed or poison immune champs...you are way too obsessed with top tier champs if u don't consider quake to be worthy of ranking up..she does what she is supposed to do which is be a decent counter to most of the champs in the game barring a few
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No
    Yea right...let's bring in stun immunity to the discusson...did I say that she was an answer to everything..no cuz she is not...that's like saying AA does not deserve r5 cuz he is not effective against bleed or poison immune champs...you are way too obsessed with top tier champs if u don't consider quake to be worthy of ranking up..she does what she is supposed to do which is be a decent counter to most of the champs in the game barring a few

Counter to what man, ARENA?
    A 4/40 can do everything that a 5/50 will do, THAT IS MY POINT.

Does the extra health and attack help her, NO.
    She can kill a modok at 4/40 just as efficiently as she can kill him at 5/50, the whole point is not to get hit, Hold Heavy, Parry, isn't it?

EDIT - and you dont need to tell me how useful she is, I've taken down a 5/65 Mephisto with a 3/30 Quake.
  • Options
    Yes
    Lets say to each his own...OP asked a question and we both gave our viewpoints...yes extra health helps a champ who is always cornered so a single slip up will result in u being hit for maybe multiple combos...and incase u find urself in a match where her heavy parry does not work and u gotta attack into ur opponent then extra attack helps too...and quake has a decent base attack..
    And a 5/50 quake can also be a pretty irritating defender with her aftershock doing a decent amount of unavoidable damage
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yes

She can kill a modol at 4/40 just as efficiently as she can kill him at 5/50, the whole point is not to get hit, Hold Heavy, Parry, isn't it?

Just because she can’t clear all content doesn’t make her unworthy. It’s a game and the main objective is to have fun and Quake is a very fun champion to play, if it makes the player happy go for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No
    Lets say to each his own...OP asked a question and we both gave our viewpoints...yes extra health helps a champ who is always cornered so a single slip up will result in u being hit for maybe multiple combos...and incase u find urself in a match where her heavy parry does not work and u gotta attack into ur opponent then extra attack helps too...and quake has a decent base attack..
    And a 5/50 quake can also be a pretty irritating defender with her aftershock doing a decent amount of unavoidable damage

A slip up against good content (Act 5 , Uncollected) is immediate death. You don't get cornered and then slip up. I can clearly see where you are at in the game and why she'd still seem to you like rank 5 worthy.

If someone took her up to rank 5 back in January, It'd be fine, not now.

As for her defense, I am sorry bud. I make mince meat out of 4/55 quake in wars and I am just starting the game. (9 months in)
  • Options
    No

She can kill a modol at 4/40 just as efficiently as she can kill him at 5/50, the whole point is not to get hit, Hold Heavy, Parry, isn't it?

Just because she can’t clear all content doesn’t make her unworthy. It’s a game and the main objective is to have fun and Quake is a very fun champion to play, if it makes the player happy go for it.

Sure, I am all for fun. Go for it.
    Also, i want to see how many of these ppl saying Yes, actually have a 5/50 Quake and when did they upgrade her. (within last 4 months?)
  • Options
    Yes

A slip up against good content (Act 5 , Uncollected) is immediate death. You don't get cornered and then slip up. I can clearly see where you are at in the game and why she'd still seem to you like rank 5 worthy.

As for her defense, I am sorry bud. I make mince meat out of 4/55 quake in wars and I am just starting the game. (9 months in)

Ooo a big gun can judge my level cuz I tend to consider possible mishaps and mistakes..I play the game for fun and not grind my life out...you are not the only player in the game and neither the only one with an opinion...u can keep ur judgemental views to urself and let others have a healthy discussion here...I take down quakes in war as well that's doesn't mean that she is a decent defender..ur viewpoint is way too centralised around urself
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No

Ooo a big gun can judge my level cuz I tend to consider possible mishaps and mistakes..I play the game for fun and not grind my life out...you are not the only player in the game and neither the only one with an opinion...u can keep ur judgemental views to urself and let others have a healthy discussion here...I take down quakes in war as well that's doesn't mean that she is a decent defender..ur viewpoint is way too centralised around urself

No, my viewpoint is trying to save the OP - ~300k gold, 5 t4b, 3 t4cc and 2 t2a.

You still haven't provided a convincing argument or proof that a 5/50 Quake is so much better than a 4/40 Quake to invest all those resources. If OP was doing this for *just* fun, he wouldn't be making a post.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    You need 16 champs to help u through everything in the game...if she is one of ur top 16 then u should rank her up rather than wait for "a better 5*" cuz she will help u and as far as 4* champs go she is up there with the better lot of champs...what's the point of holding onto resources when u have someone who will help u improve with the help of those resources...if by the time I have 3 science t4cc and she is in my top 16,I will rank her up..these resources are not limited like t2a or t5b and can be recovered in a short while
    And I would still prefer a 5/50 quake over a 3/45 science trash like abom,she hulk etc...now if u say that what if he has the likes of hulk or LC or some other good science champ as a 5* then definitely it's worth using resources on that champ...
    Is this a valid enough reason for u to add on to the fact that she can be a part of many lineups for many scenarios
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Yes

She can kill a modok at 4/40 just as efficiently as she can kill him at 5/50, the whole point is not to get hit, Hold Heavy, Parry, isn't it?

EDIT - and you dont need to tell me how useful she is, I've taken down a 5/65 Mephisto with a 3/30 Quake.

You realise you could use that exact argument for any champ?
  • Options
    jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    Yes
    do it, do it
  • Options
    Tomstar124Tomstar124 Posts: 144
    Yes
    I am sorry WHAT!!

When you binge watch seatins tier list to see the top rated characters are....
    Quake a great option for multiple fights and for you argument against stun immune... you wouldn’t bring in quake for that just like AA would be a good choice for bleed immune champs...
  • Options
    No
    TwmR wrote: »

No sir, because Quake is a unique champ. You dont need to depend on Parry so much while using other champs.

If I can kill a 5/65 Mephisto with a 3/30 Quake, and it does make her a real good champ, a 4/40 can do it much better. But taking her to rank 5 is not worth it. Pulling 5 stars is real easy nowadays and who knows, Quake, Void, GULK could be next.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No
    Tomstar124 wrote: »
    I am sorry WHAT!!

When you binge watch seatins tier list to see the top rated characters are....
    Quake a great option for multiple fights and for you argument against stun immune... you wouldn’t bring in quake for that just like AA would be a good choice for bleed immune champs...

You're missing the point. Stun Immune is getting very common, just as bleed immune.

You know why I've stopped taking AA into wars? Because of what you said and because everything is bleed/stun immune on my path.

Everyone who can play with Quake, can do so whether she is 4/40 or 5/50, my point is maxing her out at 4* level is not absolutely necessary. She is not end-game content and 5* are very easy to obtain.

If you have her as 5* , I wont stand in your way as you take her to 4/55 or even higher.

EDIT - As for Seatin's tier list, man has a really good handle on how champs are ranked. If you think Duck is god tier, then please enlighten me. Also, he ranks Quake highly now, he is not correct always, every person has a chance to learn.
  • Options
    giova000giova000 Posts: 37
    @krauserhunt If you are insane player you can fight stun immune with quake too and also not taking parry damage. just dexterity/evade/dex/evade but its risky and hard mechanic.
    For act 5 is pretty useless, but if he hasn't void dupped then she is the champion to rank 5 imo
  • Options
    giova000giova000 Posts: 37
    The concussion damage is increased also form rank 4 to rank 5 by 800+
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Yes

No sir, because Quake is a unique champ. You dont need to depend on Parry so much while using other champs.

If I can kill a 5/65 Mephisto with a 3/30 Quake, and it does make her a real good champ, a 4/40 can do it much better. But taking her to rank 5 is not worth it. Pulling 5 stars is real easy nowadays and who knows, Quake, Void, GULK could be next.

Firstly you don't have to explain anything about quake to me I'm fairly certain I have more experience using her then you do.
    And again your arguments about beating the mephisto with a 3/30 or pulling a 5* making it not worth r5 quake can be said for any champ.
    And she most definitely can be used for a lot of end game content she's brilliant for act 5 including being one of the best options for 3 out of 6 of the bosses in 5.4
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Yes
    My 5/50 quake gets it done, although like someone said above, some parts of act 5 idont use her because she wasn't Ideal. But for a majority of content, she shines with her 0 hit kos.
  • Options
    No

Firstly you don't have to explain anything about quake to me I'm fairly certain I have more experience using her then you do.
    And again your arguments about beating the mephisto with a 3/30 or pulling a 5* making it not worth r5 quake can be said for any champ.
    And she most definitely can be used for a lot of end game content she's brilliant for act 5 including being one of the best options for 3 out of 6 of the bosses in 5.4

Well then , don't rank up any champ, haha. Do you even hear yourself? Your argument to negate a point is that "It can be said for any champ".

My point of beating Mephisto is to say that she's good, she's really good. I guess you thought I was speaking against her or showing off my skill?

When you show me someone using a 5/50 Quake to beat end game content, I'll believe you. I am not saying that she's trash or such, I am saying that at 4/40 she's equally good as a 5/50, hence no need to spend resources in a hurry.
  • Options
    No
    My 5/50 quake gets it done, although like someone said above, some parts of act 5 idont use her because she wasn't Ideal. But for a majority of content, she shines with her 0 hit kos.

And I agree and I also agree that a 4/40 Quake can do it too, for those specific fights.
  • Options
    No
    giova000 wrote: »
    @krauserhunt If you are insane player you can fight stun immune with quake too and also not taking parry damage. just dexterity/evade/dex/evade but its risky and hard mechanic.
    For act 5 is pretty useless, but if he hasn't void dupped then she is the champion to rank 5 imo

No thank you. I am not that insane.

I like a challenge, but not a challenge that it feels like I am banging my own head into a wall to make way for a screw.