**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 Star Thor Ragnarok from GMC

More arena fodder or no? Should I even bother taking him past r1? r2?

I heard he might be a OK defender on certain nodes in AW, but I’m not exactly sure.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    He really needs his sig to be worth ranking up, and if possible the Hulk/Rags Hulk synergy. Barring a dupe he's best served as arena fodder.

There was a great post a few days ago in a Thor rags thread outlining his uses much better than I could lay them out. I'll copy and paste it here if i can find it quickly.

Thanks for that!

Seeing that made me smile. 😀
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    As you can tell, I quite like Rags; but that's largely because I saw the potential of his synergy with Hulk, who's one of my go-to champs, to let me take on the Collector (this strategy worked amazingly well!...) I had to grind twice in his basic arena to get him and awaken him, so naturally I value him more.

I can understand people not rating Rags very much - there are better champs. He certainly works for me as a reliable damage-dealer, but if you're blessed with the likes of five/six star Corvus or Medusa, you obviously won't be needing him.

That Hulk synergy doesn't seem quite so special now, with Heimdall giving a similar ability to everybody. Still, I guess adding Heimdall to the pair should mean Hulk gets two bouts of Invulnerability, though; as well as a bit of Regeneration from his Rags synergy...
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    @Magrailothos , yep I have a 5* and 4* Medusa. 5 Star is unawakened though.

Just was wondering if he was good on defense because of his power gain, but I could see some mystic champs power control easily countering Thor Rags power gain.

I already place my 4* 5/50 Thor rag sig 40 in AW defense a lot on the node where you gain extra power while under a DOT debuff, but he barely gets kills there.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Atticus9090 he can be OK on the plagued mind nodes because the attacker gets power drained and you need a special to prevent his power gain. I screw up fighting him sometimes because intercept is so automatic it's hard to turn off lol. But he's not a great defender imo.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    @Atticus9090 he can be OK on the plagued mind nodes because the attacker gets power drained and you need a special to prevent his power gain. I screw up fighting him sometimes because intercept is so automatic it's hard to turn off lol. But he's not a great defender imo.

Ah, how disappointing. I had high hopes for him. Might just turn to arena fodder I guess.

I will try the plagues mind nodes though. For my 4* Versiom that is. Test it out
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Just pulled him yesterday as a 5-star, but couldn't remember exactly what he was like unduped. This was a good reminder
  • StephenStephen Posts: 80
    Was it a normal gmc or featured