**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 * Doctor vodoo or 5* Utron R4

Which one to R4 ?

Since both of them are unduped

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Voodoo isn't that great until duped... I would definitely not rank Voodoo to r4 until he is duped... Not sure I would do Ultron either.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Depends on where you are in game. Ultron is a personal favorite because he can be an efficient quest lane runner who saves pots if you know how to play him. At R4, he also seems to hit harder than I had expected and his dupe adds little in my opinion.

Duped Voodoo is amazing, I’m told. But I think if you are done with Act 5 and waiting on new content, it’s truly hard to tell if the dominance of a duped Voodoo will be able to continue. Who knows what is next?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    If they were both awakened then I'd say 100% voodoo but he's very unreliable when not.

Ultron seems to have lost some favor with the community over the last year or so. I would actually be happy to R4 my one which is R3 unawakened but I don't have the resources needed. He's amazing still for AW and AQ. I bring him to AW to do the fights that don't matter to save my needed champs for the big fights and in AQ can can go any path with no issues all day in Map 5x5.

People say his damage isn't what it used to be and I agree but if you get a few bleeds up and use a SP2, you may be surprised honestly. His immunities and regen still makes him a great champ to me and utility champs like him don't have to be doing crazy damage at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Depends on where you are in game. Ultron is a personal favorite because he can be an efficient quest lane runner who saves pots if you know how to play him. At R4, he also seems to hit harder than I had expected and his dupe adds little in my opinion.

Duped Voodoo is amazing, I’m told. But I think if you are done with Act 5 and waiting on new content, it’s truly hard to tell if the dominance of a duped Voodoo will be able to continue. Who knows what is next?

Dr. Zola

His Voodoo is unduped. Definitely not worth a r4 until he gets that dupe. As for Ultron it sounds like you have more experience with him than I do. Personally though, I would wait for a better tech champ to use catalysts on (Starky, Star-Lord, IMIW).

Edit: He should at least have a shot at all three of the above tech champions in today's crystal. I would for sure wait to see what comes out of that crystal before making a decision.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Saiyan wrote: »
    If they were both awakened then I'd say 100% voodoo but he's very unreliable when not.

Ultron seems to have lost some favor with the community over the last year or so. I would actually be happy to R4 my one which is R3 unawakened but I don't have the resources needed. He's amazing still for AW and AQ. I bring him to AW to do the fights that don't matter to save my needed champs for the big fights and in AQ can can go any path with no issues all day in Map 5x5.

People say his damage isn't what it used to be and I agree but if you get a few bleeds up and use a SP2, you may be surprised honestly. His immunities and regen still makes him a great champ to me and utility champs like him don't have to be doing crazy damage at all.

A solid analysis. I will also add that Ultron is simple to play—he’s not the “pinball machine” champ so many new ones wind up being that require multiple events to line up to get full benefit. Just combo, evade, intercept, parry, cauterize with specials, get a stun.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »

A solid analysis. I will also add that Ultron is simple to play—he’s not the “pinball machine” champ so many new ones wind up being that require multiple events to line up to get full benefit. Just combo, evade, intercept, parry, cauterize with specials, get a stun.

Dr. Zola

That's also a major plus to him that i always forget. he's simple and straight forward.
  • Options
    ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    ultron all the way, he was key for me when completing act5 (biohazard) path sucks, ultron bleeds and regens..
  • Options
    @Ton_Ton if you are considering ranking 5* Ultron to r4 then you clearly have tech catalysts. Here is my advice to you. Wait until you open the 5* cinematic crystal today. There are many great tech champs in there some of which would be better to rank unduped than Ultron.
  • Options
    Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    This shouldn’t even be a question. 100% DV
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Neither dupe voodoo first then he will be worthy and ultron is a great champ for a new player starting out but i would even consider using t2a on ultron they are still too valuable
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    If you must choose 1 now I go with Ultron. Voodoo unduped isn't great. MD nerf is imminent. Ultron is a great all purpose utility champ
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    as someone who has r4 5* ultron - he's not worth it. his damage even with bleeds is too low. can't say anything about voodoo, have only 3*, but people like him, on youtube how bleeds look pretty, plus power control and some regen.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »
    as someone who has r4 5* ultron - he's not worth it. his damage even with bleeds is too low. can't say anything about voodoo, have only 3*, but people like him, on youtube how bleeds look pretty, plus power control and some regen.

I don't regret my R4 Ultron one bit. He got me through a ton of act 5 with his immunity and regen. He was even a mainstay of my AW attack until we hit tier 3 and some of the nodes just got too tough to clear with him
  • Options
    Ultron isn't anything flashy but he's a workhorse. You can get from 26% health at the start of a fight back to 70% with some smart play and chip damage
  • Options
    Actually just duped him again from the 5* cinematic unfortunately

plo67cf8lo9e.jpg

nztwucj8qx2n.jpg

Can't seem to stop pulling him
  • Options
    Ton_TonTon_Ton Posts: 128
    Thanks guys, just duped 5* ultron, i think i go for ultron