**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What method of crystal opening?

Wakanda4Ever278Wakanda4Ever278 Posts: 1,106 ★★★
I opened my Legendary Cinematic crystal by spinning, and got a dupe 4* Yondu. I popped the 4* Cinematic crystal and got a brand new 4* Stark Spidey. What method do you guys think gives you better luck?

What method of crystal opening? 38 votes

Spinning
5%
CeeJayWelderofortune 2 votes
Spinning and tapping mid-crystal
34%
Captain_KandiceKossukoseDarkrider05Anonymous346Austin555555JackdreadMitchell35QuattrucciSparkyCzBraderSawTomstar124LoctiteSuperGluebigphag69 13 votes
Popping
60%
SolswerdDarkstar4387DrownedGodSpeedbumpMidknight007Alex13369nameplasBapoiStark78AlfaClintonwalls101SpiderCoolsG0311CupidBahamutChampioncriticAvengers320FhfjghhggggjfhfjgsolmyrairNikSalvatore0133ugene_Paul_Patilio 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    Popping
    It does not matter.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Popping
    I always open but It doesn't really matter, it's a lot less agravating to see pass by someone or roll off a good one and give me a subpar one as opposed to a really good one.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Well, spin, if u dont want certain champ like collosus for example, pop when crystall on collosus. At least you wont get him
    The rest? Luck
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Popping
    M1k0rin wrote: »
    Well, spin, if u dont want certain champ like collosus for example, pop when crystall on collosus. At least you wont get him
    The rest? Luck

That...
    That is in no way any guarantee whatsoever..
    This was almost painful to read...

Spinning is an animation.. nothing more.
    Where’s my advil..
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Popping
    It matters only in the eyes of statistical odds. I explained this to my old alliance. If the odds of pulling a 4* is 1 in 100, you have a 1% chance of opening a 4* at the moment of opening. Spinning vs spinning and tapping net the same result (as the decision is made by dragging the crystal to the middle and locks the choice.

Now, I like popping because the odds are the same for each crystal 1-2%ish, if the choice is made at the point of opening then you have a statistically better odds at getting one being higher than a 2* for a PHC and 3* for uncollected.

I work in Search Engine Marketing, and odds are hard for people to perceive. We have people who’s ads appear 1 in 1000 searches, but because they don’t see the ad they feel they are not in the search results. If 1000 people opened crystals at the same time, chances are 10-20 pulled the top reward. Opening a group of crystals allows you more opportunity at that second of opening than opening one at a time (statistically speaking, though not by much).

I open in groups of 5 or 10, and regularly pull 4* from PHC.... not every time, but more frequently than my fellow alliance members. I do see a much higher chance at one being a 3* doing it that way.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    There is no such thing as a method of crystal opening. There is only opening crystals or not opening crystals.
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    edited August 2018
    There is NO difference.

• Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Popping
    Popping, because the spinner just gets your hope down, better to pop its like bad aid approach
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Spinning and tapping mid-crystal
    I like the suspense of it spinning
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Popped my 5* cinematic, 4* cinematic and legendary cinematic...... Got utter garbage
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    It doesn't change anything with how many you open or how you open them. You'll get the same result
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Popped my 5* cinematic, 4* cinematic and legendary cinematic...... Got utter garbage
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★

vu0giixxbtcl.jpg

Try 3 techs 2 of the same champs and yes im pissed at duped 5* SL the hype of duping him for me is dead idc no more bc i wasted 4 weeks for nothing only to get this
  • Options
    lestrdlestrd Posts: 75
    when I spin, I dont like to look at the pictures scrolling so I look away until after the crystal is opened lol. Like if I'm surprised I have a better shot at something good. Sometimes I'll base the method of the type of crystal PHC I'll pop, 5* I'll spin
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I don't have any real method, but what I do have isn't working... Pulled a 5* BPCW from my 5* cinematic crystal.