**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Void damage isn’t passive?!

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Messing around in the cinema I realized that Void’s degen ability doesn’t trigger FACE ME on Gladiator Hulk. The damage is being caused passively because the enemy has a debuff but not from the debuff itself. If I challenged a G.Hulk in a duel or arena that had double edge the bleed would cause its own damage however it’d also trigger the passive ability causing further damage. As I’m aware Willpower only triggers for the debuffs as well and not the direct damage caused by Void’s ability when the enemy is debuffed.

lrdtrce61bak.png

Comments

• GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    It's degen caused by noon passive debuffs so yeah they ain't passive
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    GAM3RGUY wrote: »

Except the degen is from a passive ability. Otherwise willpower would normally have an extra charge from it
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    GAM3RGUY wrote: »

Except the degen is from a passive ability. Otherwise willpower would normally have an extra charge from it

No it wouldn't as it's not an extra debuff
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Here's why I think OP is correct:

Case A : DOT Debuffs (No Face Me)
    Damage over time debuffs like bleed or poison inflict damage on their own, whether the source is from a champion, mastery, or node. Usually, these type of "active" debuffs activate the willpower mastery. They do not trigger Gulk's Face Me ability.

Case B : Passive DOT (activates Face Me)
    If we look in game, many of the effects proven to trigger Face Me are not explicitly declared to be Passive.
    Limbo - Deals __ Energy Damage per second.
    Aura of Incineration - When Aura of Incineration is active .... nearby opponents take __ Incinerate Energy Damage per second.

Regrettably, there's also a Case C for DOT effects that neither count as active debuffs (can't be shrugged/does not trigger willpower) nor are they considered passives. Degen from a node has been confirmed to be in this category.

Void's ability reads:
    When Opponents Suffer from a Debuff - For each unique Debuff type, the opponent takes __ Direct Damage per second.

Let's compare this to each case. OP's screenshot makes a case against Case A since the opponent is taking degen damage from a stun debuff. By itself, a stun debuff does not cause degen damage anywhere else in the game and should not be categorized as a damage-over-time debuff. In contrast, the wording of Void's ability is quite similar to that of Magik's limbo and Mephisto's aura. As for Case C, the only examples of a DOT being neither active nor passive are from nodes and not champion abilities. Of these three cases, the label for Void's degen that makes the most sense is Case B. As such, one should expect similar behavior to other abilities, therefore Gulk should trigger Face Me vs Void when debuffed.