**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iron Patriot in the 5-Star Cinematic crystal (has no business being there, amiright?)

He’s not in any movies or tv shows in the MCU.
Am I mistaken?
He should’ve been removed, if not mistaken.
And anyone who gets him should get another crystal.
Take him away if you want, No one wants him in their roster anyway. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Iron Patriot was in Iron Man 3, just not this particular version of him. They used IM for the first IM movie and WM for the second. They had to come up with something for the third. That, and I’m pretty sure they are tweaking our noses by including him.
  • Options
    SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    They included him cuz they needed balance in the crystals XD
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    edited August 2018
    I mean they could’ve probably used BW for IM2 and WM for IM3. But that would’ve been 1 more champ not available as a 5* and would increase the odds of the rest of the champs in the 5* crystal.
  • Options
    FeverdragonFeverdragon Posts: 23
    Norman Osborn’s Iron Patriot is NOT in the movies. If they’re going to include his name in the character desctription field in game, then why not just include all sorts of other variants of characters in the crystal? They messed up by isolating the name Norman Osborn in the character description.
  • Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    IM3. Great movie. But doesn't follow the comics in that Osborn isn't in the IP suit. But the IP suit is in it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes haha, by that logic, they should’ve included allllll the other characters that don’t match, exactly. e.g. Regular Thor, Spider-man or Black Panther cause hey, even though they’re not the same, we’re kabam & we include characters in crystals that don’t match exactly ;)

49eclme4vag2.jpeg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    like I said, by that logic, Regular hulk, Thor and others should also be included since it’s “character” focused.

Also, never have I once seen an argument to KEEP IP in fascets of the game b4 like I have here :) haha
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    HulkBuster was in Ironman3 also, although I'm sure people would be just as happy to pull him as they are when they get IP
  • Options
    FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    like I said, by that logic, Regular hulk, Thor and others should also be included since it’s “character” focused.

Thor doesn't exist as a 5* but regular Hulk is in the crystal. It's right there in the screen cap you used. They also included regular Captain America, presumably because Cap IW hasn't been added to the 5* pool yet (not actually sure about that). They used BPCW instead of regular BP, and Stark Spidey instead of regular Spidey, because those characters already existed so they might as well use the cinematic versions.
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    HulkBuster was in Ironman3 also, although I'm sure people would be just as happy to pull him as they are when they get IP

Hulkbuster is not in Iron Man 3.
    I mean they could’ve probably used BW for IM2 and WM for IM3. But that would’ve been 1 more champ not available as a 5* and would increase the odds of the rest of the champs in the 5* crystal.

War Machine isn't in Iron Man 3 either. They repainted it and called it Iron Patriot throughout the whole film.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    @FineDog

Yes he is. Mark 38. He is blue, but he's in there.

di4ntxp95q3z.jpg

• Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★

War Machine isn't in Iron Man 3 either. They repainted it and called it Iron Patriot throughout the whole film.
    [/quote]

I’m aware of that. But if Iron Patriot is a problem because Norman Osborne isn’t in IM3, they could’ve used WM, the suit wasn’t physically in the movie, but it was mentioned a few times. So in that case they’d be going by who is in the suit, not the suit itself.

mfvyyqk9qa7o.png

• Options
    Ploop_PlaapPloop_Plaap Posts: 141
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    @FineDog

Yes he is. Mark 38. He is blue, but he's in there.

di4ntxp95q3z.jpg

That’s Igor, a different armor, and I believe with specifications of construction-based utility (as seen in the movie) could be wrong about that. It’s not the Hulkbuster
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    flw4e1te9hhr.jpeg

Iron Man 3

Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn, so how would this be him?
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Repto23 wrote: »
    flw4e1te9hhr.jpeg

Iron Man 3

I argued this as well, the general replies came out to be 'they're named the same, you just whiny'.

They are so far apart it is laughable.
    The film version simply is not, nor ever will be, the game (comics) version. He should not have been in there, not in the quest, not in the crystals, just nowhere. He is unrelated to the MCU in EVERY way.

But yeah... authenticity fail, I completely agree.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    flw4e1te9hhr.jpeg

Iron Man 3

I argued this as well, the general replies came out to be 'they're named the same, you just whiny'.

The film version simply is not, nor ever will be, the game (comics) version. He should not have been in there, not in the quest, not in the crystals, just nowhere. He is unrelated to the MCU in EVERY way.

Who would you like to be the gate champ for IM 3?
  • Options
    Voltolos wrote: »
    Bapoi wrote: »
    flw4e1te9hhr.jpeg

Iron Man 3

Who would you like to be the gate champ for IM 3?

They could have used BW for IM2, then WM for IM3.
    Technically, WM is in IM3. A spray-painted version, but still WM. Rodey is in it, so WM.

This entire discussion was done before, and given the event is basically over, the point is entirely moot.
    The fact is, they inserted a non-MCU character. Which in my opinion is bad form. Emphasis on the opinion there.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    So you guys want a new but equally bad iron patriot added to the game? I think one is enough. Sorry if you pulled him.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    h9lx7ee0i44c.jpeg
  • Options
    No, you've got it wrong. Of course he must be in cinematic crystal whether it accurate or not. Cause he is kabam most favorite champ and also Because he have to or else Thanos wouldn't get all of the gem.
  • Options
    h9lx7ee0i44c.jpeg

Compare the suits... They're not the same.
    It's wrong already..
    And by all means, no more OG ironman/warmachine suits in game. Ever. Nope. There are too many for my liking already..
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    its funny how tony starks most powerful suit is his weakest suit in this game his superior ironman suit
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 221
    The only reason he is ther is to “Kabam” you. We will probably get flagged for that. He is a trash “champ”? If u can call him that, the way that Kabam did him. PLUS HE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE CRYSTAL!!! Too late though. Too many have been Kabamed again
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    He’s in the crystal/game for trolling purposes only. For those who don’t know Iron Patriot was buffed a few yrs back.

The Iron Patriot you have is the Iron Patriot they want you to play.

Keep logging in, keep playing, keep spending keep complaining and things will remain just as they are.
  • Options
    He's in the crystal simply to troll you with one more **** champ.
    CWBP, YJ, IP are what you're going to get the majority of the time unless you get really lucky.

I got yet another YJ dupe...fml