**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars - Season Overhaul

LegendLegend Posts: 25
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I think seasons needs an overhaul to maintain integrity and honesty. Kabam are taking lightly on a game mode that alliances are spending over $10,000 a season on boosting alone. Season 3 just seems to have the same problems as all other seasons.

My suggestion is that instead of tiers, you have leagues that are fixed for the season. The bottom 5 of each league are relegated each season and the top 5 promoted. Top 3 of masters get current rewards or maybe expand that to top 5.

To avoid collusion, every alliance is matched at the same time within each league and every alliance plays each other once in each league. The alliance you face are hidden until the war is over. Defenders are hidden along with player names. This will also make point scoring much more wider to define a clear winner.

Also in light of alliance members being kicked and potentially losing rewards, there needs to be new parameters put in place that if a member is kicked and joins back the same alliance within 24 hours, nothing is effected. Also the 5 war window needs reducing as season duration was reduced as well.

The current format is broken and exploitable.

Comments

• RacerXRacerX Posts: 6
    Ping likes men
  • RacerXRacerX Posts: 6
    I for one enjoy these salty bastards keep on being salty
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    RacerX wrote: »

OP has a good idea. You trolling him is proof of that.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    I don’t see any salt other than from you. Hiding defender names makes war less work. Spreadsheets go away. Sharing defense less relevant. Deaths go down over a season when you know who you have in front of you IMO.
  • LegendLegend Posts: 25
    RacerX wrote: »

OP has a good idea. You trolling him is proof of that.

Sadly he’s in my alliance hahaha
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    If people are spending $10,000 in one season of AW, then that's just nuts. Personally do not care about being in that league of play, ever, assuming I ever get good enough anyway (LOL).
    If people are spending $10,000 in one season of AW, then that's just nuts. Personally do not care about being in that league of play, ever, assuming I ever get good enough anyway (LOL).

And that’s absolutely fine to not spend that amount of money (I agree it’s nuts btw).

I, along with a lot of the end game players are getting fed up with the current format in that even winning every war and dying minimally could still not be enough to win seasons. I think the leagues and hidden info idea may resolve this.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Sure, Kabam should change their model when there's alliances spending that kind of money to a different model that doesn't induce spending. That's good business.....
  • AvicariAvicari Posts: 25
    I agree something needs to be done regarding alliance wars. There is too much collusion, backdoor deals, and perhaps still piloting that is not being looked at enough by Kabam anymore. I think tiers need to be adjusted. OP has a good suggestion. I think some tiering like kabam used to tier AQ. And perhaps only top half of the tier receive better prizes than bottom half versus having a top3.
  • Edge234Edge234 Posts: 38
    Kabam needs to give out punishments that actually punish, void season score and all rewards for the season, drop to the lowest tier so it discourages collusion. Another season ending with colluding for an ally to gain points for better rewards. The system isn’t broken it’s the cheaters that are breaking it, proper punishments that are imposed on the players and the ally. No rewards and a lower tier next season, a player can’t join a master ally if they have been in a cheating ally they have to join a ally in the tier that they have been dropped too. This would surely deter any collusion
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    Sure, Kabam should change their model when there's alliances spending that kind of money to a different model that doesn't induce spending. That's good business.....

Spend would be the same. The integrity of war would just be firmed up.
    Edge234 wrote: »
    Kabam needs to give out punishments that actually punish, void season score and all rewards for the season, drop to the lowest tier so it discourages collusion. Another season ending with colluding for an ally to gain points for better rewards. The system isn’t broken it’s the cheaters that are breaking it, proper punishments that are imposed on the players and the ally. No rewards and a lower tier next season, a player can’t join a master ally if they have been in a cheating ally they have to join a ally in the tier that they have been dropped too. This would surely deter any collusion

Hi edge. Hope you’re well.

I think it’s broken. While people know who they are facing and while alliances can drop in and out of tiers, nothing will change.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Points for defenders remaining need to be removed for starters
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73
    Actually if alliances lose on purpose it means less boost = less money. So supporting this model = loss of revenues. It is in Kabams interest to stop this.
  • There needs to be more severe repercussions for alliances and for players who are caught cheating. The punishments now are just laughable which leads more alliances to manipulate the system.
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    While we’re talking about changes, I thinking the current matchmaking system is flawed. We’re currently in tier 6 but fighting a tier 5 alliance. So we’re fighting tier 5 nodes. That’s fine. It looks like we may win. But the problem is, we’re still only getting tier 6 rewards and multiplier. Alliances should be vieing for the same rewards in the same war. A different tiering system like the OP suggests would fix this as well.
    Josh056 wrote: »
    While we’re talking about changes, I thinking the current matchmaking system is flawed. We’re currently in tier 6 but fighting a tier 5 alliance. So we’re fighting tier 5 nodes. That’s fine. It looks like we may win. But the problem is, we’re still only getting tier 6 rewards and multiplier. Alliances should be vieing for the same rewards in the same war. A different tiering system like the OP suggests would fix this as well.

Leagues would fix that. You only play the teams in your league with a promotion demotion system.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Spending ridiculous amounts of money is not a problem. I agree with the ridiculousness, but we should be careful not to place our own values on other people. Spending money is within the rules.

Collusion and other forms of unfair play, however, should be prevented and, if not preventable, be punished severely when the evidence proves any violation. With punishment I mean something like war rating to 0 and disqualification for the running season. In addition, however, the most important focus for KABAM should be catching culprits and finding evidence at all. If you can't prove that Hickock (lol, can't use his first name hahahaha) and Perry killed the Clutters, any theoretical punishment is not going to scare offenders off.