**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Quest for a Power Control champ

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
So, the long and short is I am now at 259k hero rating and a 100% F2P casual player (in a dormant alliance).

As my skills is pretty average, I am close to desperate in getting a power control champ to help clear content.

I looked through many champs with some form of power control and created a post here (need to update though).

Alas, the only one I have is Psylocke (still learning the tricks).

So, my options (long shot) is win sufficient units and hope the Vision (OG) will be offered again (but without units package purchase).

I will be reporting crystal opening in batches (yes, will be boring I know) and I shall see if I have the resolve to update that consistently.

So .... here goes nothing.

Day 1 (Sep 2):
* Units 3759 and zero PHCs.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    Day 6 (Sep 7)
    * Units 4134
    - opened 13 PHCs shards; 1 3*
    - opened 1 PHC crystal; 1 3*
    - opened 1 4* Hero shard :D:D:DB):D:D:D 4* Vision (AOU)!

So, should I still buy the Vision (OG) if and when the offer comes around?
  • On the one hand, OG Vision is an extremely powerful power control champ. I personally think he is worth the units, if you actually have the units. But whether he is worth it overall depends on your own personal situation.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Buy Original Vision?

I would have said not until they fix his SP3 so it actually inflicts Power Burn.

Every time I fight him in the arena I push him to SP3, and take it on the chin just to check... Yep! Still no Power Burn. I can't understand why anyone bought the 5* version before it got fixed.

It's been bugged for well over a year now. Sure, you wouldn't normally want to use your SP3 very often; but with OG Vision it's sometimes unavoidable due to Synthesis. Vision AoU doesn't have this problem, and his Power Steal is a decent source of Power if you get him Awakened.

Original Vision does have better base stats and better Power Burn damage; but AoU is more than good enough (his Power Control is just as good; better with the option of SP3).

Save your units.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    You already got Vision AoU, save your units for something else
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Love OG Vision, but if you got AOU Vision and are purely F2P, then I agree with others in saving the units. The best way to maximize F2P, in my opinion, is to know when to not duplicate via expense, and while AOU Vision isn't quite as good as OG Vision, he is good enough for you to continue to play the long game
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yeah, sometimes you're just unlucky. I still have no decent 4* Tech (my only pulls so far were Iron Patriot and Rocket Raccoon), I hope my next 5* will be a good one (I hope for Sentinel, Vision or Ultron, something with double immunity). For the rest I'm very lucky: 4* Iceman, Archangel, Red Hulk, Gwenpool and Hyperion. First 5* was Medusa.

I think if you have nothing better at hand, than Vision (AoU) is your best pick. Although I've personally used him and unawakened he's a lot less good. His Sp1 damage is only average and his drain is not enough to keep up if you play it aggressively and it is better to wait for Sp2. I do hope Kabam will give his Sp1 an Incinerate debuff one day to make it more potent and something extra to his heavy attack (armor break or something like that).
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    AOU vision > unduped og vision
    Duped og vision > aou vision, duped or unduped

It's hard to argue starting a fight with a full bar of power and getting another one 20-ish seconds later without landing a hit. I bought the vision while I was sitting on a tech AG so that worked out well, especially against last month's UC EQ bosses.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    My quest has ended. :)

6☆ version coming soon?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Awesome sauce.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Congrats @winterthur.

I decided to go for the same offer this time round too, as I had the units stockpiled and no other decent Tech champions. Vision is currently 2/35 but will get him to 4/55 next Level Up event.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Hawkeye is better, power burn and DOT