Gifting for Alliances

Gifting should be enabled for people in your alliance.

I cannot believe I have to make this suggestion. Having to pay to gift even small items is beyond absurd.

Comments

  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    In my opinion that's not absurd at all. It's an extra option, one that is not needed to play the game or to progress. If you're a free to play kinda guy the lack of being able to gift doesn't hold back your progress.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424
    I did not say anything about this being needed to play the game or impeding my progress. The absurdity lies with having to pay Kabam (currently a minimum of $29.99) to give something for free to another player. It costs them next to nothing to enable this feature since it already exists. I compare this to other "free to play" games I play, and I can see nothing that even comes close to paying so much for so little. That goes for almost everything that Kabam sells in their store. My only option is to speak up about it, so I did.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    It's not like you have to pay for every item you sent. Just once, to enable the feature. Maybe make the gifting badge available with one of the lesser unit packs, but to make it completely free seems very unlogical and unneeded to me. Having it be something you need to spend money for, even though it's just once, makes the people abusing it go down too.

    You call it beyond absurd, I'm sharing my opinion. Which is that it should be a feature that needs to be paid for, but that the price could be a bit less.

    I do have to point out you don't pay $29,99 for the gifting badge, you pay the $29,99 for the 850 units and on top of that you get a gifting badge.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 612
    How about the fact that I had to pay to get the gifting badge, and I have to pay units to gift people things? I can't just gift from my freaking inventory? What a laugh.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    How about the fact that I had to pay to get the gifting badge, and I have to pay units to gift people things? I can't just gift from my freaking inventory? What a laugh.

    Wait, so if I decide to pay for the right to give stuff away, I have to then use resources to give other resources to the player I am gifting?

    That is absurd. The $30 was enough of a rip off to make sure I on't buy it, but this makes sure I won't buy it unless it is free.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    edited July 2017
    It's a bit sad you can't gift your inventory items, but very logical if you think about the balance of the game. And by having the stuff you gift cost the exact same amount of units as they would if you buy them yourself, there is no advantage in exchanging stuff with each other or other obvious and easy exploits.

    It's just really ment for if your team mate needs a revive or somthing, but doesn't have the units and you have them. Or the other way around obviously. Some alliances reward their members with a refill or core or something when they did specific stuff (beating RoL, first time winning a basic, putting up a ton of points in item use, taking down a high prestige Dorm, etc.)
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    It's a bit sad you can't gift your inventory items, but very logical if you think about the balance of the game. And by having the stuff you gift cost the exact same amount of units as they would if you buy them yourself, there is no advantage in exchanging stuff with each other or other obvious and easy exploits.

    It's just really ment for if your team mate needs a revive or somthing, but doesn't have the units and you have them. Or the other way around obviously. Some alliances reward their members with a refill or core or something when they did specific stuff (beating RoL, first time winning a basic, putting up a ton of points in item use, taking down a high prestige Dorm, etc.)

    That is all well an good if the gifting badge was a free item or an item you can earn or buy with units. Once I spend real money on something like that, it should be the end of my expenditures.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461
    I've always wished there was a way to gift your daily duel credits. That way you could gift them on the non duel event days to other members of the alliance and then use them on the days you get more out of them.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    It's not like you have to pay for every item you sent. Just once, to enable the feature. Maybe make the gifting badge available with one of the lesser unit packs, but to make it completely free seems very unlogical and unneeded to me. Having it be something you need to spend money for, even though it's just once, makes the people abusing it go down too.

    You call it beyond absurd, I'm sharing my opinion. Which is that it should be a feature that needs to be paid for, but that the price could be a bit less.

    I do have to point out you don't pay $29,99 for the gifting badge, you pay the $29,99 for the 850 units and on top of that you get a gifting badge.
    Why should I have to pay anything at all to be able to gift? I am already paying for what I am giving, or I had to earn it somehow in game. The other games that I play don't charge extra for gifting. At most, they have requirements like being a player or on your friends list for a minimal amount of time. That is the right way to cut down on abuse.

    I didn't point out what else you get because it varies based on sales. It's not the point anyway. I don't think there should be a price at all. But since you brought it up, what does 850 units really get you in game? That's 1 carbonadium core and 2 stone cores. It can take that much to unlock only a single mastery slot. Contrast that with the $26.99 I paid a few days ago for a full-fledged virtual reality game. It was on sale for about $10 off, and it is not a top of the line game, but there is just no comparison.

    I stand by my statement that it is absurd.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 612
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    It's a bit sad you can't gift your inventory items, but very logical if you think about the balance of the game. And by having the stuff you gift cost the exact same amount of units as they would if you buy them yourself, there is no advantage in exchanging stuff with each other or other obvious and easy exploits.

    It's just really ment for if your team mate needs a revive or somthing, but doesn't have the units and you have them. Or the other way around obviously. Some alliances reward their members with a refill or core or something when they did specific stuff (beating RoL, first time winning a basic, putting up a ton of points in item use, taking down a high prestige Dorm, etc.)

    Uh, there would be no obvious and easy exploits to being able to gift from your inventory. It would all the the same items you can currently gift, just with the ability to gift from your inventory, and not being forced to spend more units to do so. Your viewpoint is heavily flawed in this. Heavily.

    Forcing people to buy a set amount to send gifts is totally understandable. Limiting those gifts to being once again purchased, is not understandable.

    Logically speaking, your argument holds no weight, beyond simply being an argument for argument's sake.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    It's a bit sad you can't gift your inventory items, but very logical if you think about the balance of the game. And by having the stuff you gift cost the exact same amount of units as they would if you buy them yourself, there is no advantage in exchanging stuff with each other or other obvious and easy exploits.

    It's just really ment for if your team mate needs a revive or somthing, but doesn't have the units and you have them. Or the other way around obviously. Some alliances reward their members with a refill or core or something when they did specific stuff (beating RoL, first time winning a basic, putting up a ton of points in item use, taking down a high prestige Dorm, etc.)

    Uh, there would be no obvious and easy exploits to being able to gift from your inventory. It would all the the same items you can currently gift, just with the ability to gift from your inventory, and not being forced to spend more units to do so. Your viewpoint is heavily flawed in this. Heavily.

    Forcing people to buy a set amount to send gifts is totally understandable. Limiting those gifts to being once again purchased, is not understandable.

    Logically speaking, your argument holds no weight, beyond simply being an argument for argument's sake.

    Easy exploit, second account and gift the free items you get there (like simply the free crystal items).
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    Seems like a very easy and obvious exploit. Leveling gets you cores, those are easy to get especially with the autobattle function they have now. Then you send them to your own account. Some stuff is easier to get on a second account then using your main to grind it out. Some stuff isn't and it wouldn't make much sence for people to exploit it. But the changes that have been made to how gifting works was because it was a flawed system that got abused. I'm personally happy they put restrictions on it.

    I understand that it seems bad, but how it was, was worse. It's not an argument for arguments sake. I do think that it should be given with any first purchase (or any purchase above X amount of $, since Kabam had their reasons for not giving it away with the cheaper packs) instaid of just the 850 and up unit packs.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 612
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    It's a bit sad you can't gift your inventory items, but very logical if you think about the balance of the game. And by having the stuff you gift cost the exact same amount of units as they would if you buy them yourself, there is no advantage in exchanging stuff with each other or other obvious and easy exploits.

    It's just really ment for if your team mate needs a revive or somthing, but doesn't have the units and you have them. Or the other way around obviously. Some alliances reward their members with a refill or core or something when they did specific stuff (beating RoL, first time winning a basic, putting up a ton of points in item use, taking down a high prestige Dorm, etc.)

    Uh, there would be no obvious and easy exploits to being able to gift from your inventory. It would all the the same items you can currently gift, just with the ability to gift from your inventory, and not being forced to spend more units to do so. Your viewpoint is heavily flawed in this. Heavily.

    Forcing people to buy a set amount to send gifts is totally understandable. Limiting those gifts to being once again purchased, is not understandable.

    Logically speaking, your argument holds no weight, beyond simply being an argument for argument's sake.

    Easy exploit, second account and gift the free items you get there (like simply the free crystal items).

    Your 'exploit' blatantly ignores the fact that I said 'all the same items you can currently gift', which does not include the free crystals. Try again. There is no easy exploit. You'd know that if you had the gifting badge, which I can presume you don't, based on your silly reply.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 612
    @Gwendoline You have to PAY for the gifting badge. Like, you know, MONEY. So again, WRONG.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    Yeah, because no one is willing to pay $29,99 to be able to have acces to twice as much items... I'm sorry, but this was exploited in the past. They changed the rules of how giften worked because of it. How does that make me wrong? It literally already happened.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424
    No one said that there shouldn't be restrictions on gifting. What we object to is paying for it. My original post said specifically that it should be opened to members in an alliance, which is a restriction itself. Yes, theoretically you could add a second account to the alliance and gift yourself the free stuff you get every day, but you would lose more than you gain since you are taking a slot from someone who could help earn points in the alliance events that are always running.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461
    It wasn't just the items that led to the changes in gifting (removal of crystals from gifting and making gifting unavailable until level 40?). It was people buying multiple special unit packages on brand new accounts and then gifting themselves stuff to their main accounts.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945
    No one said that there shouldn't be restrictions on gifting. What we object to is paying for it. My original post said specifically that it should be opened to members in an alliance, which is a restriction itself. Yes, theoretically you could add a second account to the alliance and gift yourself the free stuff you get every day, but you would lose more than you gain since you are taking a slot from someone who could help earn points in the alliance events that are always running.

    In this I see a solid improvement where exploiting it might not become an issue. Free gifting badge for alliance members, pay for gifting badge to others. It's not like a lot of people buy the unit pack for the gifting bagde only right now, so Kabam wouldn't lose a whole lot of income on this.

    The exploit would be restiricted to dropping the second account in your alliance only when there is room for that, which hopefully isn't often. A simple way to prevent that from becoming an issue could be to use the black out period they have for SA and AQ rank rewards right now, for gifting too. Putting in a second account to send yourself items becomes way more work then the rewards of that offer.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 612
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    No one said that there shouldn't be restrictions on gifting. What we object to is paying for it. My original post said specifically that it should be opened to members in an alliance, which is a restriction itself. Yes, theoretically you could add a second account to the alliance and gift yourself the free stuff you get every day, but you would lose more than you gain since you are taking a slot from someone who could help earn points in the alliance events that are always running.

    In this I see a solid improvement where exploiting it might not become an issue. Free gifting badge for alliance members, pay for gifting badge to others. It's not like a lot of people buy the unit pack for the gifting bagde only right now, so Kabam wouldn't lose a whole lot of income on this.

    The exploit would be restiricted to dropping the second account in your alliance only when there is room for that, which hopefully isn't often. A simple way to prevent that from becoming an issue could be to use the black out period they have for SA and AQ rank rewards right now, for gifting too. Putting in a second account to send yourself items becomes way more work then the rewards of that offer.

    Or go back to my original point: The gifting badge can't be used to send the things you're saying would exploit the system. You already can't send those items. Now, to allow the gifting badge to send from inventory after the main badge has been purchased only makes sense.

    I never said a thing about free alliance gifting in my initial post (which isn't there for some reason, even though nothing broke the T&C. Odd).

    There is no exploit, bottom line.
Sign In or Register to comment.