**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think the design did a fantastic job on Spiderman stark enhanced?

bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Thank you for making a champion that I was looking forward to for awhile Spiderman stark enhanced is everything I want in a champion (except regen and nullify) and you guys did a great job on designing him, thank you design team

Do you think the design did a fantastic job on Spiderman stark enhanced? 116 votes

Yes this charectors is a legit god tier champion I like everything about him
82%
DL864RotmgmoddyDraco2199Lagmelongtimekayloh20ctp1223Grubbecauseicantthetaman23VavasourFuzzylumpsXMEN1994DrOctavius2_2MagicBentonA_Noob_Is1Timone147Willjackson16Darkstar4387Shynight00TheLazyKing 96 votes
No he doesn't meet what I think of as a god tier champion and the design team missed the matk
2%
Username819273943PentagonaldiickDangerMouser 3 votes
Ehhhh, he's ok
14%
SnizzbarBootteoHaji_SaabNoob_2yrsGrinderNyaledjmindblazerMillybearThatsausageDropfaithNikskiniwSWeaponXnebBarakskiddoBabyGroot_3Fhfjghhggggjfhfjg 17 votes

Comments

• adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    love him! New fav champ!
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    And I still haven't got him in anything but 2*, lol 16.9 million in 4* arena them 3 spins on 5* crystal....
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    IF ONLY HE DIDNT SOUND LIKE AN EMPTY TIN CAN EVERYTIME HE HITS SOMETHING
    I think it's a hammer hitting a stone and then a second hammer muffled added over the first sound
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Must be a Kabam employee wanting some appreciation lol
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Grinder wrote: »
    This thread is extremely opinion slanted and simple minded. They do good on 1 champ and all of a sudden people forget everything else thrown out this year that still isn't fixed or even being looked in to. 10 wrongs aren't outweighed by 1 right.

It's more of a "Keep THIS up, make more champs like this, buff the bad champs like this"

This would be considered "Positive re-enforcement" where you reward good things rather than punish them.
    They did good here, positive feedback will tell them what we like to see. We HOPE they keep it up. If Vulture is also great and they release actual good Science champs, get used to post like these.
    Grinder wrote: »
    This thread is extremely opinion slanted and simple minded. They do good on 1 champ and all of a sudden people forget everything else thrown out this year that still isn't fixed or even being looked in to. 10 wrongs

When someone does something right you acknowledge it also, especially if your outspoken about what doesn't work, it's called being a decent person, perhaps that's just to simple a concept for you to be bothered with. If you want to talk about something other than the new Spiderman please do it somewhere else. As your comments about things other than the Spiderman aren't relevant here. I'm sorry sticking to topic is hard for you, good luck in the future
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    AI love him in versus as he is light speed fast and once you get past streak 20 he is almost unplayably fast, as are most characters in this stupid game past a certain number in streaks,
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    I don't think you know what a design is. You're thinking of abilities
  • DangerMouserDangerMouser Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    No he doesn't meet what I think of as a god tier champion and the design team missed the matk
    Considering that he has hammy arms and stringy legs that look thinner than those, and the weird angle of his head's profile, I'd say the design, purely speaking, is far from stellar, in my professional opinion.

The fact is that the upper extremities aren't actually thicker than the lower, but they DO look so because of the color composition, which is roughly the same than that of the original Spidey suit despite the botched job done to it by both the movie and the game's design teams - or, more likely, the big honchos calling the shots and making the final decisions about it. Contemplating that, the 3d modelers should've kept the arms slightly thinner than the legs -as in real life, despite the cartoonish nature of the game's art style, which I generally like nonetheless- and then the slightly Ditko-ish look that I reckon they were aiming for would've been way better accomplished. The sight is a tricky sense and, as such, a good designer needs to know how to properly trick it.

And please, dont get me started on those annoying Tron-like neon lines... I like that kind of look in the appropriate characters, but it looks absolutely stupid in Spidey because there's nothing practical about it, nor does it improve upon the original design in any way. It's almost as bothersome as those Punisher 2099's gun grips having the ergonomic finger bumps in the wrong side, facing the hand's palm -and having to endure that awful design flaw literally staring at you every five minutes or less while playing during more than a month was particularly infuriating, I must add.

There's many things that I actually like very much about this game's art design but this particular character's look isn't one of them.
  • djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    Ehhhh, he's ok
    over all build is great he's well developed champ but his fighting style hurts my eyes so badly
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    He's an OP champ but we really didn't need ANOTHER spider man.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Carnage needed as much thought/testing put in as this champ did.
    Considering that he has hammy arms and stringy legs that look thinner than those, and the weird angle of his head's profile, I'd say the design, purely speaking, is far from stellar, in my professional opinion.

The fact is that the upper extremities aren't actually thicker than the lower, but they DO look so because of the color composition, which is roughly the same than that of the original Spidey suit despite the botched job done to it by both the movie and the game's design teams - or, more likely, the big honchos calling the shots and making the final decisions about it. Contemplating that, the 3d modelers should've kept the arms slightly thinner than the legs -as in real life, despite the cartoonish nature of the game's art style, which I generally like nonetheless- and then the slightly Ditko-ish look that I reckon they were aiming for would've been way better accomplished. The sight is a tricky sense and, as such, a good designer needs to know how to properly trick it.

And please, dont get me started on those annoying Tron-like neon lines... I like that kind of look in the appropriate characters, but it looks absolutely stupid in Spidey because there's nothing practical about it, nor does it improve upon the original design in any way. It's almost as bothersome as those Punisher 2099's gun grips having the ergonomic finger bumps in the wrong side, facing the hand's palm -and having to endure that awful design flaw literally staring at you every five minutes or less while playing during more than a month was particularly infuriating, I must add.

There's many things that I actually like very much about this game's art design but this particular character's look isn't one of them.

This is how you make a valid oppositional view thank you for contributing danger even if I don't agree, well said, intelligent and thoughtful.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    yes
  • No he doesn't meet what I think of as a god tier champion and the design team missed the matk
    This is how you make a valid oppositional view thank you for contributing danger even if I don't agree, well said, intelligent and thoughtful.

Thank you very much. I was only trying to provide an opinion based on personal taste -no doubt, that's impossible to avoid completely- but also on certain objective points subjected to undisputed, well-stablished design criteria.

Just to exemplify. If you take two rectangles of exactly the same size, you paint one of them in red and the other one in blue, you put them both side-to-side and then proceed to show the pair to a number of random unbiased observers, you'll find out that 9 out of 10 will be convinced that the red one is slightly bigger than the blue -or, at least, will mention that it LOOKS bigger, which is relatively true. This is not a matter of opinions, but of plain, objective facts, like the way the human brain interpretes the different wavelenghts of the light spectrum. As I said, the sight is a tricky sense and you need to know how to properly trick it, specially if you work on the field.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/stark-enhanced-spider-man.jpg

This is very good image of the character model, and a perfect example of the issues I have with it. There you can see the hammy arms and tiny legs I was complaining about, and the weird profile of the head/mask. Forgetting about the cartoonish nature of the overall art design, what's up with this character's ears under the mask? He's wearing marbles as earrings? If not, how come the lobes are the only parts of his ears not squashed flat by the mask, as it should be, cartoon or not? Those apparently irrelevant details, those small decisions, can make or break a design - which is, in the end, a sum of all these small parts.

However, going beyond the minutiae and looking at the broader picture, the whole character model doesn't really scream "Spidey" to me, with those huge Popeye-like lower arms, huge hands and thin short legs. If you remove the details and look at its silhouette it'll be easier to notice those flaws, accentuated by the color composition problem I've been mentioning but evidently present nonetheless even without it. So, Spider-man, not so much. "Apeman", more likely. Maybe Gibbon, even. Or Shocker, because of the bracers. But not Spidey. Not to me. That's not the silhouette of a nimble acrobat but that of a brutish brawler who uses mainly the arms and fists for fighting. And that's my main problem with this design, in short: remove the texture of the model and it doesn't look like the character it's supposed to be, at all. And, as a designer, that irks me.

About the character's moveset and habilities, no arguing here. I only have the same 2* version that everybody got so, for me and for now, he's nothing but arena fodder OR an enemy to fight against whenever the game puts him in front of me, and that's all. If everybody says he's a good, well balanced character, I'll go with the majority's opinion without discussion, as game design is not my area of expertise.

Thank you again for keeping an open mind and understanding that holding different opinions doesn't have to lead to pointless confrontations. This forum houses a bit too many of those already as it is :smile: .
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Ehhhh, he's ok
    He's op. He needs a nerf asap.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Ehhhh, he's ok
    Honestly, whenever a new champ comes out that is considered god tier it seems like more of an accident then good design. I really don't think hyperion or voodoo was ever intended to be as good as they are either. God tier champions are what led to this games near death when 12 nerfed them all into the ground. We're starting to see a new crop of champions that will eventually lead to the same infuriating outcome. God tier champions are basically the opposite of good design if you are looking at the longevity of this game.
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    God tier champ imo. But he is now bugged. You cant taunt from a distance only up close. This under investigation at the moment. Kind weird this bug started 4 days ago hmmm...
    Spidey SE ability to refresh a taunt. [Under Investigation]
    Its under bugs and known issues
    neb wrote: »
    Honestly, whenever a new champ comes out that is considered god tier it seems like more of an accident then good design. I really don't think hyperion or voodoo was ever intended to be as good as they are either. God tier champions are what led to this games near death when 12 nerfed them all into the ground. We're starting to see a new crop of champions that will eventually lead to the same infuriating outcome. God tier champions are basically the opposite of good design if you are looking at the longevity of this game.

Very good points,if they had left the game alone and we were still paying 11.2 I'd be happy.i remember thinking I'd never get sick of this, often times people make decisions in life worry about what if something might happen, it's almost never a good decision when that's the basis for it. 12.0 was a perfect example of that. The game was changed under a series of what if type things that could've possibly arose in the future, the main one was people getting sick of a gem someone just bought for 500 million. People almost did stop playing the game altogether cause of 12.0. Another round of nerds and I'm done that's 100%, not what if...
    Seriously? God damn they already got to him

Who is this "they" you speak of
    He has a conflicting fighting style to adjust to. How many times do you want to bait/Evade to build poise stacks, or do you just go with the flow and Evade the specials? The taunt every 5 hits does drain your Poise stacks so it takes work to keep them built up. He certainly isn't an easy mode champion as you can screw up once while trying to Evade and get smacked. His auto - Evade sometimes kicks in as you are trying to dodge back for Dexterity and you end up not being as far back as you thought and dont block in time so you get smacked. He isn't game changing but he is very cool and I do like the Taunt. Most players will get the biggest benefit out of him being the taunting of specials and evading specials, while it takes effort/skill/patience to get him to be a huge damage champion. Also the Crit bonus from his synergy goes up substantially so you don't get a crazy amount of crits on the 4* versus the level 55 5*. This can be boosted with Crit synergies. Mine is R4 4* atm, looking forward to trying him at R5.

I'm jealous I still only have the 2*.....
    He's op. He needs a nerf asap.

Nerfs are what almost cost kabam this game, they'd be foolish to nerf a single champion at anytime in the near future, it's why so many people walked away from world of Warcraft, nerfing is sometimes necessary how every only slight nerds and never more than once a year, or else the game starts to seem like it's schizophrenic and the design team as well...
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    Iron man needs an update like this.