**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage Updated Beta Info

issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
Base Stats & Abilities *Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 13379 -> 14140 Attack: 979 -> 1021 Max PI: Without Signature: 3688 -> 3706 With Signature (99): 4855 -> 4843

*Stats based on 5 Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 26826 -> 28350 Attack: 1963 -> 2048 Max PI: Without Signature: 7418 -> 7452 With Signature (99): 10220

Basic Abilities: Resist Physical, Precision, Fury, Cruelty, Bleed

Passive ● The Carnage Symbiote changes form creating weapons and armor providing Passive bonuses based on Carnage’s current needs. ● Struck: +998.5 -> +1333.33 Physical Resistance ● Block: +998.5 -> +1333.33 Block Proficiency ● Light Attack: +998.5 -> +1333.33 Critical Rate ● Medium Attack: +391.6 -> +459.45 Attack ● Heavy Attack: +1508.77 -> +1636.36 Critical Damage Rate

Developer Note: Same Buffs, but bigger numbers!

Special Attacks ● Each time Carnage activates a Special Attack he begins to Mutate for 10 seconds. ● Once his mutation ends, he copies his current Symbiotic Creation as a Permanent Buff. ● He can have a Maximum of 5 Permanent Buffs.

Developer Note: No changes here, move along … move along

Critical Hits ● If the target is already Bleeding or Armor Broken, gain a 80% -> %100 Chance to Bleed dealing 44.06 -> 56.16 damage over 0.5 seconds.

Developer Note: Now a 100% chance, the point is to get the crits while the Bleed/Armor Breaks are active, and it didn’t feel rewarding to do that, and hit that unlucky 20%.

Heavy Attacks ● 100% Chance to Bleed dealing 538.45 -> 995.48 damage over 10 -> 15 seconds.

Developer Note: Increased Duration, to help keep Carange’s Power Gain train rolling, and increased Damage to make the less susceptible to Willpower.

New Ability Ravager - Passive ● If one of his Bleeds fails to apply due to an Immunity he has a 100% chance to Armor Break his opponent instead, reducing their Armor by 666.67 last for 10 seconds. The Armor Break doesn’t stack. ● Carnage rips and tears at his opponents, each time he triggers a Bleed Debuff on his Opponent he has a 20% chance to Refresh the Duration of all the other Bleed Debuffs on his Opponent.

Developer Note: Couple of changes here, the Armor Breaks replacing Bleeds when the opponent is immune makes Carnage better at overcoming the Bleed Immunity of Robots who he should have the Cosmic over Tech advantage against. The Bleed refresh shifts more of Carnage’s Damage potential into his Bleeds, and makes him work even better with Deep Wounds (more time to land that Bleed Refresh), It also allow him to keep his Power Gain flowing without needing to thread in Heavy Attacks or Special 3’s nearly as often.

New Ability Ravager - Passive ● Carnage gains 50% additional Power from Striking his Opponent. This is reduced by 25% per Mutation Buff he has.

Developer Note: A big injection of Power at the beginning of the fight, as long as Carnage stays on offense. This is targeted at allowing Carnage to get his first 4 Mutation Buffs locked in much faster, and making it much less punishing if you have to build up to SP3 to get a bleed in place. Note: the bonus reduces by 25% per Mutation Buff, meaning at 2 Buffs the bonus is 25% and is entirely gone at 4 Buffs.

Special 1: Frenzied Assault - Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. ● This attack receives +998.5 -> 1076.92 additional Critical Rate.

Developer Note: Same as before, but slightly more Critical Rating. The combination of many hits, and the Critical Rating bonus makes this attack the way to try and refresh Bleeds.

Special 2: Rabid Onslaught - Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws. ● This attack receives +1529.33 -> 1571.43 Critical Damage Rating.

Developer Note: Again same as before with a juuuust a bit more Critical Damage Rating, this is the go to Special Attack for DPS once Carnage has all of his Buffs built up, especially with a Critical Rating Buff or 2, and some Furies locked in to make the most use of the bonus Critical Damage Rating.

Special 3: Aberrant Soul - Carnage uses his tentacles to pin his opponent in place, allowing him take the time to revel in the carnage he creates. ● 100% chance to cause the Opponent to Bleed, dealing 3671.25 -> 5819.7 direct damage over 20 -> 30 seconds.

Developer Note: Increase to Damage and Duration, of the Bleed, makes this the way for Carnage to get a Bleed in place if you can’t easily land a Heavy Attack (eg Stun Immune Fights). The duration is also long enough that it tends to be relatively easy to keep refreshing it for most of, if not an entire, fight.

Signature Ability: Bloodlust ● The sight and smell of blood triggers Carnage’s bloodlust, granting a Power Gain Buff when activating a Bleed or Armor Break on the opponent that lasts as long as the Opponent is Bleed or Armor Broken. The Power Gain grants up to 1.08% of a Bar of Power per second based on how close Carnage is to the Bleed or Armor Broken opponent.

Synergy Bonuses 1. Venom - Shared Genetic Memory - (Venom and Carnage gain +1 to their maximum number of Genetic Memory or Hyper Mutation Buffs) 2. Deadpool or Deadpool (X-Force) - Enemies - (All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating) 3. Spider-Man - Nemesis - (All Champions gain +6% Attack) 4. Spider-Man (Symbiote) or Agent Venom or Venompool - Family - (All Champions gain +6% to Health)

Developer Note: These are unchanged

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Damage increase is good.
    Slight buff to stats.
    Slight increase to bleed times.

Zero utility/regen added though.

I do like the bleed > armour break vs bleed immunes.

Needs a passive evasion counter like venoms getting. And maybe more.

(I haven’t tested him- I am not in beta)
  • Exciting to see the new carnage, but it seems that he stay carbage. Venom looks good though.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    No true strike?
  • issamaf80 wrote: »
    Special 1: Frenzied Assault - Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. ● This attack receives +998.5 -> 1076.92 additional Critical Rate.

Assuming these numbers are correct, and assuming you have permission to repost beta numbers, I'm hoping there's at least one person in the beta that is actually aware of how DR works and can use a calculator. In real world terms, someone on the dev team decided to buff the special 1 attack critical rate by about one percentage point on average, factoring in base critical rate and the likelihood of having other critical stat buffs periodically. If you're trying to buff a significantly underperforming champion, that's seems completely pointless to me.
  • r3nTs wrote: »
    Basically.... nothing changed 🤷🏻‍♂️ Incredible...
    Exactly ! I swear that this sounds more like a April 1st joke “ hey guys we are gonna buff carnage !!! No we are not April 1 st joke ahaha ha”

• GeezleGeezle Posts: 1
    Not impressed, really did expect more for such an iconic villian
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    issamaf80 wrote: »

Assuming these numbers are correct, and assuming you have permission to repost beta numbers, I'm hoping there's at least one person in the beta that is actually aware of how DR works and can use a calculator. In real world terms, someone on the dev team decided to buff the special 1 attack critical rate by about one percentage point on average, factoring in base critical rate and the likelihood of having other critical stat buffs periodically. If you're trying to buff a significantly underperforming champion, that's seems completely pointless to me.

Do other champions have a greater increased crit rate through specials or synergies?
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited September 2018
    If u ask me, they should get rid of Carnage sp2 stupid animation and make him use axes for hands with is a tradition for him, maybe a 3 combo, using each hand and then both together.

Btw those changes ability wise are pretty irrelevant

Nice rework on Venom tough
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    Rebemer it is betA all Can cancge
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    The Civil Warrior buff was better than Carnage’s buff lol
  • I like the update
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    This is a good start, but it would still put carnage in the lower tiers. At least give him more unique synergies.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Hey All,

Thanks for your feedback on this update! While we welcome this discussion, we do want to reiterate that we will be basing our decisions on the feedback of those that have had time to use this updated Champion in the Beta Test.

This means that we won't be replying to any inquiries or threads on the Beta Updates outside of the Beta Forums and Survey, but that doesn't mean that we're not reading it!

Keep in mind, this is a Beta, and the reason we run these is to get feedback on the Updates. That means that what players see in the Beta now could change before we release an update!

Sounds Good
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks for your feedback on this update! While we welcome this discussion, we do want to reiterate that we will be basing our decisions on the feedback of those that have had time to use this updated Champion in the Beta Test.

This means that we won't be replying to any inquiries or threads on the Beta Updates outside of the Beta Forums and Survey, but that doesn't mean that we're not reading it!

Keep in mind, this is a Beta, and the reason we run these is to get feedback on the Updates. That means that what players see in the Beta now could change before we release an update!

Yeah that’s why I’m still holding out rankups and awakenings, cause beta means changes can still happen. (Pls Kabam don’t rush anything, especially with Carnage. He’s one of the most popular champs in the game abilities aisde, so it’s kinda meh to do a slight number boost. I’m not 100% sure how much the boost will do so I’m waiting on some gameplay from the content creators.

Oh something you could add to carnage to help him out a little bit is to give him a rogue like ability against debuffs

Since the Symbiote has healing abilities and has saved an impaled Peter Parker in the comics, maybe Carnage has a shortened duration on DoT debuffs inflicted on him.
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    From a screenshot ive seen Carnage beta has 100% chance to inflict a bleed on a heavy and 99% chance to refresh all bleeds already active. That is insane. Parry, heavy and stack infinite bleeds that keeps refreshing. If that is the case he could be the strongest bleed attacker in the game
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    This buff is most definitely awesome but I think that a ramp up character like carnage should have a little sustainability too?
    Maybe add some dr voodoo like regen or make him carry the last two applied buffs to the next fight
    Sound right?
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/jzcsveA_87U

Carnage seems pretty good actually. Y'all need to chill.

You just changed my mind about Carnage the Hype is real