**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drax and Medusas Autoblock

I know that one should not hit Medusa when she's having her Living Strands on.

But almost every champ is able to hit her a single time without being parried. Just not Drax so it seems. He's parried on his first hit instantly (probably due to his hit being actually a double?). This seems to be another problem of the so-called 'frame adjustment' he got from the developers.

Can anyone confirm this and is this 'working as intended' or shouldn't he actually also be able to get one hit off before he is getting parried only on the second one? Maybe it's just me not understanding what's actually happening.

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    She autoblocks after two hits, and drax's medium is two hits. Nothing to do with frame rate, it has always been like this
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    With regard to Drax, his first hit now triggers Parry 2x, making him more vulnerable to Limber nodes.

Maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed?
  • Morpheus_HHMorpheus_HH Posts: 22
    @taojay1 That doesn't sound right to me. It's one (double) attack and therefor should not be parried.
    It's now taken as one attack for Mordo's Astral Evade, too, so it doesn't passes it by.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    @taojay1 That doesn't sound right to me. It's one (double) attack and therefor should not be parried.
    It's now taken as one attack for Mordo's Astral Evade, too, so it doesn't passes it by.

No its two attacks in one so it should trigger autoblock
    @Voltolos Then why is standard parry working on him at all, which triggers on the first hit. He should pass that with his two attacks in one then?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Parry works on every attack that hits your block right after you start blocking. If two attacks hit your block fast enough the second will still trigger parry because the block is still well timed.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited September 2018
    The disadvantage to drax is same reason I believe it is an advantage to others like Domino whose two hit medium allows her to at times get around Medusa auto block since her second medium hit is a projectile and can't be parried. Therefore it is just a mechanic you have to be aware of for some champs. It helps some and hurts others.

However, I would agree that if Drax is parried on his medium it should parry first attack and not allow a second. I think that is what happens with domino but would have to check.
    @Voltolos Then Domino should be parried on her medium as well, since the first part is a normal attack and the block 'well timed' (i.e. the second projectile hit shouldn't counted for it).
    @TacoScotty Agreed on the part, that Medusa can't parry Domino on the second hit since it's a projectile. But if parry works on the first hit (for being well timed), Domino should be parryable or Drax shouldn't be, too.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Domino can be parried on her medium attack. I do it all the time. I fight her like Yondu - wait for the dash and either parry it or shallow evade and counter. Domino won't be parried on first hit to medusa since her auto block triggers on 2nd hit.