**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom true strike not working [Merged Threads]

CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
After updating the game to v20.1 I went against the classic spider man in 5.2.3 and he evaded a lot of my attacks, even though venom gains true strike against spider-verse heroes
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    I just tested against another classic spidey in the event quest and he never triggered his evade
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Bro classic spidey's evade is passive. This is clearly a bug. OP do you have a video of this?
    I'll post one right now
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    After updating the game to v20.1 I went against the classic spider man in 5.2.3 and he evaded a lot of my attacks, even though venom gains true strike against spider-verse heroes
    p5qdysedu2ea.jpg

xlr45126c8li.jpg

Since you provided little to no information....
    He doesnt get true strike against spiderverse heroes. Passive evades won't work against him which means Miles Morales or Symb. Spidey. I don't remember classic spideys evade being passive.

He does get True Strike when an opponent falls below 18%.

Its important to research before posting.

Foot meet mouth.
    https://youtu.be/X1ltXIez2vQ
    There's a link to the video
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/CPUfmtstpOE

@CyborgNinja135 I was able to duplicate it for you so it’s not just you and there’s extra evidence. Yay! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited October 2018

That looks like the old version of venom to me. There’s no klyntar timer. Check the AppStore/play store to make sure you’ve got the update. Although it should be there, the load screens are the new ones. When I fought symbiote spidey he didn’t evade at all. Haven’t tried against classic yet.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

That looks like the old version of venom to me. There’s no klyntar timer. Check the AppStore/play store to make sure you’ve got the update. Although it should be there, the load screens are the new ones. When I fought symbiote spidey he didn’t evade at all. Haven’t tried against classic yet.

He ha 7 synergy so has to be the new one.
    edited October 2018
    Good catch @MegaSkater67 but I’m sure he has the update as I do too. Strange that he’s reverting back to his old version in that scenario. You can tell it’s the updated version by the load screen with venom the duck btw.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Ignore previous comment, does it not have something to do with buffet? If you notice at the start spidey gets regen immediately and that’s when the klyntar timer isn’t there. In his abilities if this gets nullified he doesn’t stop evades. That would make more sense.
    @Helicopter_dugdugdug yeah you're right. The klyntar buff is nullified by the buffet node
    Huh. I assumed it was a passive (unlike spidey’s evade) and only the mutations were actual buffs. Interesting.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Easy to explain ... buffet node removed your klyntar mutation buff ... read the spotlight of venom .. this is mentioned there ..

U only get klyntar benefits when u have thay buff

This looks correct. At the very start something is getting eaten by buffet, which could very well be the Klyntar buff. It refreshes itself every 9 seconds, but buffet refreshes every 7. To test this, during the 2 seconds before the Klyntar refresh, try to activate dexterity (either evade an attack or hit them after evading an attack). Buffet should activate, and allow Klyntar buff to refresh.

You'll likely need to keep doing that to keep him from evading after each refresh.
  • I've using Venom to play some old missions, and I noticed that, when I start a fight using him, and the opponent is already lower than 18%, Venom does not trigger True Strike.

Is it a bug, or am I missing something?
  • RollingxbigshotRollingxbigshot Posts: 106
    I went against an IMIW in war just now and got him down to 2% with venom and somehow he autoblocked and parried me. I thought that the new update gave venom true strike when the opponent is below 18% health correct me if I’m wrong.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You are correct. That is weird indeed.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I think there's a bug with him. Did you start the fight with IMIW under 18% health?

The spotlight says it doesn't matter if you start the fight before 18%
  • RollingxbigshotRollingxbigshot Posts: 106
    I think there's a bug with him. Did you start the fight with IMIW under 18% health?

I know it doesn't thats why I said I think it's a bug and to confirm my suspicions I asked OP if he started the fight with IMIW under 18% health.

Yes he was at 14% when I started but like mentioned before it’s supposed to be as long as the champ is below 18% no matter when starting
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★

I know it doesn't thats why I said I think it's a bug and to confirm my suspicions I asked OP if he started the fight with IMIW under 18% health.

Yes he was at 14% when I started but like mentioned before it’s supposed to be as long as the champ is below 18% no matter when starting
    Yeah tha bug. With him when u Star the figth when ther is under it.
  • Tejaspatel231Tejaspatel231 Posts: 13
    Venom is not getting true struke buff when openent is already below 18% health at the start of fight...is it as intended or bug??
  • Hey guys!

We've passed this along to the rest of the team and are getting it looked into! Thanks for your patience. We'll update once we have more information.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Had this when clearing golden symboid. Under 18% and no true strike..... unblockable specials tho
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    p5qdysedu2ea.jpg

xlr45126c8li.jpg

Since you provided little to no information....
    He doesnt get true strike against spiderverse heroes. Passive evades won't work against him which means Miles Morales or Symb. Spidey. I don't remember classic spideys evade being passive.

He does get True Strike when an opponent falls below 18%.

Its important to research before posting.

U didn't even read ur own screenshot.