**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman’s Coldsnap vs Wasp’s Quantum Evade: Bug or Misdescription?

Video: https://youtu.be/bKb-53Yunmc

In preparing for alliance war battles, I went to test a battle between Iceman and Wasp, believing that the Wasp miniboss could be defeated by continually applying Coldsnap.

Iceman’s Coldsnap (as stated by both his L1 and his Signature ability) says that it prevents any enemy evasion. Wasp’s Quantum Evade is described by her signature ability as shrinking down and counter attacking.

So... Given the titling of Wasp’s signature ability, I assumed that Iceman’s coldsnap would shut down the quantum evade (spoiler alert: it didn’t). Thankfully this was discovered in the test before the actual battle in war.

Is this working as intended, with Wasp having an unfortunately confusing signature ability name, or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    I confess to being (close to) neither the best Iceman-player, nor the best Wasp-fighter.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I don't remember when they said this, but somehow it is intentional for him not to be able to bypass her evade
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    In her spotlight it specifically mentioned that Iceman couldn't stop her Evading. Not sure if it was in the developer notes or a mod answer subsequently - for some reason the forum Search function isn't working for me right now, so can't find a reference for you.

The reason is that she shrugs off debuffs just before Evading; so the coldsnap is gone and can't stop the evade happening.

She can't shrug off bleed, so Electra still works.