Let's gauge how many actually want 6 Star Champions:

13»

Comments

  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Until the game team is able to stabilize the game they broke with the 12.0 changes, the only things they should be attending to is Creating new content that is playable and make more progress in adjusting champion mechanics so that they work properly in the post 12.0 system. We don't need 6* champions, we need our 4* and 5* champions fighting, as the game team intended them to work, when they were introduced to the game. We need the game stabilized so that we don't have emergency maintenance every 20 days. The top players don't want 6* champions , they want to be able to finish ranking their 5* champions.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 231
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    This is how the game evolves. They introduce new challenges and stronger content, and people grow from working towards something. It's not a sudden change. It will be gradual, and other changes will come before we see many of them floating around. We can't expect the game to continue and thrive if it's always at a comfortable homeostasis. New goals and challenges have to be introduced. It also doesn't mean that past effort was wasted. That's an exaggeration. I'm all for growth. The game is not one where you achieve some level and stay comfortable forever. As long as it continues to expand, it means there is constantly something to work towards, and that makes me more inclined to play because I won't get bored anytime soon. Those are my reasons. Lol.

    All that sums up is that there should be something that we should work to not get bored.
    I agree, the change will be gradual, because they have no choice and it has to be slow. Other changes will definitely be seen, but are they gonna give away 4* to newer players? The same 4* which we had to work our ass off to get and max out in the beginning? There can be special quests every month as well, what about the featured arena?? Isn't that useless because nobody would max out 4* now even if they have insane prestige??
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 231
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    Yeah, totally agree with the first reason, then 5* would be more available as well, but what about all those featured crystals everyone opens, they would have expanded their roster by opening the basics since their dupe would give 6* shards.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534
    Yes
    nameplas wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree with the first reason, then 5* would be more available as well, but what about all those featured crystals everyone opens, they would have expanded their roster by opening the basics since their dupe would give 6* shards.

    Well that was everyone's personal preference, they spent more shards and got way better champs than others who mostly got IP, Antman, Colossus etc. All those 5* Icemen, DVs, GPs, Dorms, will stay top champs for quite a long while.
    Plus, they gave us a 6-month notice now. So you can decide whether you still want the featured ones or not. That's why i say this was a good move by Kabam, announcing them early on.

    They will probably release T5 Basics when 5.3 comes out, alongwith some T2As. People will have r5 5*s then. If they had announced 6*s right before releasing them, what would all these people say then? They couldn't say what mostly are saying atm, that we can't max out our 5*s. Plus, we would have to start with 0 6* shards then while they would already be there in game as opponents in Story quests, Events, AQ etc. So i say this is good for us.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    I would love 6* but i think it is early. They should wait upto 2019
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    I've been designing games since I was 4. Hire me and I could come up with something really cool for the bases..

    6*s? Very much unneeded. I've been playing a year and still don't have a single useful 5*. My 5/50 4* Crossbones is what I rely on most.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 231
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree with the first reason, then 5* would be more available as well, but what about all those featured crystals everyone opens, they would have expanded their roster by opening the basics since their dupe would give 6* shards.

    Well that was everyone's personal preference, they spent more shards and got way better champs than others who mostly got IP, Antman, Colossus etc. All those 5* Icemen, DVs, GPs, Dorms, will stay top champs for quite a long while.
    Plus, they gave us a 6-month notice now. So you can decide whether you still want the featured ones or not. That's why i say this was a good move by Kabam, announcing them early on.

    They will probably release T5 Basics when 5.3 comes out, alongwith some T2As. People will have r5 5*s then. If they had announced 6*s right before releasing them, what would all these people say then? They couldn't say what mostly are saying atm, that we can't max out our 5*s. Plus, we would have to start with 0 6* shards then while they would already be there in game as opponents in Story quests, Events, AQ etc. So i say this is good for us.

    What's ironic is you say people mostly get antmans, hulkbusters from basics while you're having a 4/55 starlord. I agree those top champs will stay there for a while.
    And it isn't about the 6 month period that they gave, it never was. They should have taken a poll from at least those who have the uncollected title and then decide if it's the right time.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    edited August 2017
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.
    Those are real problems IMO. But everything could be fixed without the 6* plot.

    Plus, you should think a fix shouldn't potentially add new problems.
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.
    They'll be obsolete right in the moment 6* are added to the game.
    It's logical, the new tier is added to force people (specially the big players with huge roster) to change to the new ones. Otherwise they'll stay with their current roster.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,279 ★★★★
    Yes
    How many 5*s do you open a month?

    And realistically, when do you (yes you the one complaining) think you'll be able to open a 6*?

    I know I gather enough shards for a 5* in about 2.5-3 weeks. Even if they double the shards acquired, we will be looking at a 5* once every 1.25 - 1.5 weeks. To get a 6* you'll need to dupe a 5* 36 times, i.e. 45 - 54 weeks! And the pre-requisite is ALL the 5*s you pull have to be dupes. How likely is that given that the 5* pool is increasing in size every month?

    So even if 6* shards are made available in 2 weeks, realistically it will take, at the bare minimum, 1 year to get a 6* champ.

    Now putting that into perspective, come August 2018, should Kabam announce the introduction of 6* champs, would you think that's too early?
  • No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    xNig wrote: »
    How many 5*s do you open a month?

    And realistically, when do you (yes you the one complaining) think you'll be able to open a 6*?

    I know I gather enough shards for a 5* in about 2.5-3 weeks. Even if they double the shards acquired, we will be looking at a 5* once every 1.25 - 1.5 weeks. To get a 6* you'll need to dupe a 5* 36 times, i.e. 45 - 54 weeks! And the pre-requisite is ALL the 5*s you pull have to be dupes. How likely is that given that the 5* pool is increasing in size every month?

    So even if 6* shards are made available in 2 weeks, realistically it will take, at the bare minimum, 1 year to get a 6* champ.

    Now putting that into perspective, come August 2018, should Kabam announce the introduction of 6* champs, would you think that's too early?

    Game doesn't need 6* period really and how the **** does one even get a 5* that fast. I wager you are a fair spender and pick up offers for 5* shards when you can can and or you grind for every basic and featured champ old or new just to get the 5* shards. The problem isn't really for someone like you that is willing to shell out money. The more free end player would need to see a 5* weekly for this move to make sense at all cause like you said the 5* pool is ever growing. Myself I have 13 5* and only ever duped 1 of those with a crystal the other had to use a gem. So brag about your shard collection rate but doesn't change the fact that 5* crystals come far too infrequent for most mid level late game players to warrant this move.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Yes
    I'm hoping that with the introduction of 6* champions that we will have a Grandmaster level of the monthly quest.

    This could be 1 of the ways to get more resources by having more t2a shards and t5b shards. Plus the other resources of course like more 5* shards etc.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.

    Kabam said they would make getting 5* easier. Increasing the amount of 5* shards available in the game.
  • No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    kyls
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,429 ★★★★
    Yes
    Why not get new champs? I hope there are 6*. Or available as 5* so we don't have 5 differnet sl in the game. Rank 5 5* will happen before 6* come to the contest so I don't know why people complain about not being able to rank 5 5*s before 6* come out. 5* will have been in the game for 2 years before 6* come out so I can see why a lot of players that have been here since the beginning need new champs/content
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067
    edited August 2017
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Players here from the beginning don't want more of the same champs or 6*. They want new content and the old ones improved and updated.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,279 ★★★★
    Yes
    xNig wrote: »
    How many 5*s do you open a month?

    And realistically, when do you (yes you the one complaining) think you'll be able to open a 6*?

    I know I gather enough shards for a 5* in about 2.5-3 weeks. Even if they double the shards acquired, we will be looking at a 5* once every 1.25 - 1.5 weeks. To get a 6* you'll need to dupe a 5* 36 times, i.e. 45 - 54 weeks! And the pre-requisite is ALL the 5*s you pull have to be dupes. How likely is that given that the 5* pool is increasing in size every month?

    So even if 6* shards are made available in 2 weeks, realistically it will take, at the bare minimum, 1 year to get a 6* champ.

    Now putting that into perspective, come August 2018, should Kabam announce the introduction of 6* champs, would you think that's too early?

    Game doesn't need 6* period really and how the **** does one even get a 5* that fast. I wager you are a fair spender and pick up offers for 5* shards when you can can and or you grind for every basic and featured champ old or new just to get the 5* shards. The problem isn't really for someone like you that is willing to shell out money. The more free end player would need to see a 5* weekly for this move to make sense at all cause like you said the 5* pool is ever growing. Myself I have 13 5* and only ever duped 1 of those with a crystal the other had to use a gem. So brag about your shard collection rate but doesn't change the fact that 5* crystals come far too infrequent for most mid level late game players to warrant this move.

    LoL. Baseless assumptions. I don't spend money to buy 5* shards. I only grind arena for milestones for my shards.

    And apparently you have no idea how many 5* late game players are sitting on. I have 21 5* right now, 6 of them are unduped.

    And look. Kabam has made a mistake in making 5* overly accessible to everyone. My belief is that 5* was SUPPOSED to be the end-game tier of champs that everyone covets, not the newly-introduced 6*. This is showed by the discrepancy of required shards to open a 5* crystal and initial rarity of 5* shards.

    However, because of the abundant crying about high arena cutoffs (ironically caused by the playerbase itself), Kabam was, in a way, forced to buff arena rewards, resulting in us being able to acquire 4* shards very much easily. (Prior to the arena buff I was opening 1 4* maybe in 2 weeks. Now I'm getting 2-3 weekly.)

    This in turn affected our rate of acquisition of end game 5* champions. Hence, Kabam declared that there will be no decrease in cost of 5* crystals, and introduced another tier of champs that will take forever to acquire.

    Putting it into perspective, allowing players to acquire a 5* champion every week, as you suggested, will all the more accelerate this power creep.

    5*s will still be the end game for many more years to come. There's no need to protest or whine about the introduction of 6*s as it takes alot, and I mean ALOT, of time to acquire them, much less dupe or level them past a 5* r4. Think of it this way, a 4* r3 is equivalent to a maxed 3*. A 5* r3 is equivalent to a maxed 4*. Using the same logic, a 6* r3 will most probably be equivalent to a maxed 5*.

    Let me give you a scenario, let's say you have a 5* r3 unduped Starlord vs a 4* 5/50 duped Starlord (because the 4* one is so easy to dupe now), which one will you prefer to bring for quests, AQ, AW or whatever?

    Similarly, a 6* r3 unduped Starlord vs a 5* 5/65 duped Starlord, which will you bring? If you feel using Starlord as an example is too much, change it with ANY other champ. Your answer will be the same.

    So the important question becomes, "When can we rank a 6* champ past a maxed 5*?" I can assure you that it will not be in the near future. And because the acquisition rate of 6*s is very very slow, you can be assured that 5*s are still the future for this game.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534
    Yes
    nameplas wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree with the first reason, then 5* would be more available as well, but what about all those featured crystals everyone opens, they would have expanded their roster by opening the basics since their dupe would give 6* shards.

    Well that was everyone's personal preference, they spent more shards and got way better champs than others who mostly got IP, Antman, Colossus etc. All those 5* Icemen, DVs, GPs, Dorms, will stay top champs for quite a long while.
    Plus, they gave us a 6-month notice now. So you can decide whether you still want the featured ones or not. That's why i say this was a good move by Kabam, announcing them early on.

    They will probably release T5 Basics when 5.3 comes out, alongwith some T2As. People will have r5 5*s then. If they had announced 6*s right before releasing them, what would all these people say then? They couldn't say what mostly are saying atm, that we can't max out our 5*s. Plus, we would have to start with 0 6* shards then while they would already be there in game as opponents in Story quests, Events, AQ etc. So i say this is good for us.

    What's ironic is you say people mostly get antmans, hulkbusters from basics while you're having a 4/55 starlord. I agree those top champs will stay there for a while.
    And it isn't about the 6 month period that they gave, it never was. They should have taken a poll from at least those who have the uncollected title and then decide if it's the right time.

    That's because i duped him after like 15 crystals. I have Antman duped as well, so yeah.
    I'm not really asking for 6*s, i do think they're a few months early, Late 2018 would be perfect. But still, if they are going to, can't argue with them. If someone wants to leave over this, then it's their decision.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534
    Yes
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.

    Well have you read their announcement posts !? They said this exact thing in that, that they will be making 5* shards more available to the players in upcoming times.
    HOW are lower players screwed. If anything it benefits them. When i started, i remember my top champs were a maxed 3* SL and 3* UC for months, until i pulled a 4* out of a PHC. Now you see people with 10+ 4-stars after 2 months. And even when 5-stars came, it took us months to save and open 1. Now newer players get one in first couple of months, and now 4* and 5* shards will become even more available because they won't be as rare as they used to be once, because of 6*s.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.

    Kabam said they would make getting 5* easier. Increasing the amount of 5* shards available in the game.

    I have no trust in Kabam honestly. Still waiting for the game to run properly before i trust any other statements from them. Time will tell.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.

    Well have you read their announcement posts !? They said this exact thing in that, that they will be making 5* shards more available to the players in upcoming times.
    HOW are lower players screwed. If anything it benefits them. When i started, i remember my top champs were a maxed 3* SL and 3* UC for months, until i pulled a 4* out of a PHC. Now you see people with 10+ 4-stars after 2 months. And even when 5-stars came, it took us months to save and open 1. Now newer players get one in first couple of months, and now 4* and 5* shards will become even more available because they won't be as rare as they used to be once, because of 6*s.

    New players aren't receiving them in the first months of playing. I did read the announcement but I'm not buying the lip service they try to pass off. Like I said before time will tell.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    This announcement should have been made 6 months after the release of Bases and Season 1 of the AW waa released.

    I say Season 1 cause no one ever refers to the current AW as Season 1. The last time I saw Season 1 to describe the AW, a mod said we weren't there yet days after the global release of the AW. I could be wrong about this not being Season 1.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459
    No, next idea to add progression Kabam plz
    Superman69 wrote: »
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Superman69 wrote: »
    nameplas wrote: »
    Can people who said "yes" give a valid reason/explanation as to why?? Except the one which is you might wanna spend ( it's your money, you can do anything you want) but one valid reason please?? How would it allow the game to be alive? What about all those max 4* you have and aren't you bothered about your 5* not being maxed yet?

    I'm a F2P player. Never spent a dime on the game. And although, yes one day (when we have enough 6*s and can rank them up to rank 3 AT LEAST) 4*s will become useless for newer content. But i don't think that time will come until 2019.
    The reason i support the addition of 6*s is because off the following reasons :

    1) Duping 5*s atm gives us less stuff than duping 4*s. (No shards vs 275 5*s shards, same ISO and gold) HOW does that make any sense. This way we would be getting shards for something 6 months earlier.

    2) Adding 6*s means 5*s will be more available, and i want to grow my 5* roster further.

    3) 6* coming means the resources for ranking up 5*s and especially 4*s like T4CC, T2As, T5Bs would be made more available to us. Looking forward to upgrade my R4 5* SL.

    Now i will still be maxing out my 4*s because i don't think 4* DV, GP, Iceman, AA, Hulk etc would become useless anytime soon, even in the next year too.

    How do you know 5* champs will be more available? For money you can buy more shards possibly but no way Kabam starts making it "easier". Lower players are screwed and it will widen that gap of progression.

    Well have you read their announcement posts !? They said this exact thing in that, that they will be making 5* shards more available to the players in upcoming times.
    HOW are lower players screwed. If anything it benefits them. When i started, i remember my top champs were a maxed 3* SL and 3* UC for months, until i pulled a 4* out of a PHC. Now you see people with 10+ 4-stars after 2 months. And even when 5-stars came, it took us months to save and open 1. Now newer players get one in first couple of months, and now 4* and 5* shards will become even more available because they won't be as rare as they used to be once, because of 6*s.

    Q: Will 5-Stars now be easier to obtain?
    A: Yes! You will find ways to obtain 5-Stars will increase through the following:
    5-Star shards are now available through Calendar Rewards
    5-Star shards will be available through special event content (like Stark Assignments & Web-Slinger Challenge)
    4-Stars are also now easier to obtain, which will afford 5-Star shards upon duping them



    That's not really making the more available to the whole player base. Calender addition maybe but that's not a guaranteed monthly thing. Everything else doesn't seem much different to me.
  • Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback here. If you want to share your opinions on 6-Star Champs, you can find the discussion that we've already created for the subject here:

    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

    For ease of keeping track of all the ideas and feedback, we're trying to keep the discussion about 6-Stars in one place. To that end, this thread will now be closed. That said, everyone can stay involved in the 6-Star conversation by checking out the thread linked above and posting their feedback there.
This discussion has been closed.