**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A week before it expires? WTF?

If the Sigil is going to be a really needy significant other, how about make the rewards so decent we can’t wait to renew?

This is like a needy, nagging person who doesn’t give back as much as you give to them. I’ve been giving it a try. The class cat swap has probably helped me the most out of all the features. The “extra” energy doesn’t seem noticeable. Swapping out phc shards for full crystals at half price is nice.

But you are trying way to hard to con us into subscribing instead of woo’ing us into doing it.

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    MMCskippy said:

If the Sigil is going to be a really needy significant other, how about make the rewards so decent we can’t wait to renew?

This is like a needy, nagging person who doesn’t give back as much as you give to them. I’ve been giving it a try. The class cat swap has probably helped me the most out of all the features. The “extra” energy doesn’t seem noticeable. Swapping out phc shards for full crystals at half price is nice.

But you are trying way to hard to con us into subscribing instead of woo’ing us into doing it.

Simple solution, if u dont like it then dont renew.

I personally love it so I renew
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★

It's just a reminder to renew. You don't have to if you don't want to.

We agree more than I thought these days :)
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom I’ve heard if you’re not subscribed, it’s even worse. I at least get a few weeks of breathing room.

Of course I know that I don’t have to get it. What kind of comment is that? I’m hoping they change their ways. I’m subscribed. I think there should be something like the Sigil in the game. I have felt this way for a while because I play MPQ and pay my $10 per month for VIP status that has a LOT more in game resources and bonuses. Others that are beefing about the Sigil probably are doing something similar in other games.

Those of us who think there should be some sort of program like this probably bought into it. We think there should be something. We want to get it. We also want them to understand they need to deliver value and that it’s not another way to devalue rewards in another part of the game in a bid to coerce people to subscribe.

If I feel like the game is begging me to subscribe or renew because they know there’s not enough value for it to sell itself. If it was a stupidly good deal, I’d be hammering my renew button to not miss out.

In MPQ, just for renewing, you get a bonus rare resource (a latest legend token). It’s about as rare as a t4b in the game. That’s the kind of value we hoped would be in this option.

It’s taken so long to get an option like this, those of us that have wanted it may have subscribed just to try and make sure it doesn’t go away and give Kabam a chance to get it right.
    @Rap, your path assumes that Kabam would be rolling out option after option for a monthly subscription addition to this product. My path? I"ve been waiting for something like this for years. Kabam finally offered something. I tried it. If it doesn't change, I'll quit it.

My original beef was with the bullying Kabam is doing specifically for the Sigil.

My Collector's Daily Card? The renewal popped up 2 days before it expired. This is proper.

I do think that to move forward, I'm going to Sigil on and off based around the resetting of the Black Market. I've seen some decent strategies to maximize the market while minimizing the costs. I'm guessing behavior like this will show Kabam that there needs to be more value added to the Sigil to get it to be worth $10 a month. $5 per month is WAY, WAY, WAY more reasonable for the additional items.

I can't believe they're selling the energy refresh time. It literally makes zero difference in questing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

@GroundedWisdom I’ve heard if you’re not subscribed, it’s even worse. I at least get a few weeks of breathing room.

Of course I know that I don’t have to get it. What kind of comment is that? I’m hoping they change their ways. I’m subscribed. I think there should be something like the Sigil in the game. I have felt this way for a while because I play MPQ and pay my $10 per month for VIP status that has a LOT more in game resources and bonuses. Others that are beefing about the Sigil probably are doing something similar in other games.

Those of us who think there should be some sort of program like this probably bought into it. We think there should be something. We want to get it. We also want them to understand they need to deliver value and that it’s not another way to devalue rewards in another part of the game in a bid to coerce people to subscribe.

If I feel like the game is begging me to subscribe or renew because they know there’s not enough value for it to sell itself. If it was a stupidly good deal, I’d be hammering my renew button to not miss out.

In MPQ, just for renewing, you get a bonus rare resource (a latest legend token). It’s about as rare as a t4b in the game. That’s the kind of value we hoped would be in this option.

It’s taken so long to get an option like this, those of us that have wanted it may have subscribed just to try and make sure it doesn’t go away and give Kabam a chance to get it right.

I'm going to have to disagree with not enough value. It depends on what you're after, but I find it's more than worth it myself.
    There's no real benefit to renewing, other than continued use. I mean, I suppose you could suggest a 10% off for early renew, but it's already a good deal to begin with. When you add up everything included, it's a deal.
    It's really just a reminder to renew. I don't think they're begging you to renew it.
  • PachPach Posts: 131
    The disagrees and agrees are very interesting to look at in this thread
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    MMCskippy said:

If you think a pop up ad for an offer is needy, nagging, and an actual con, I'm pretty sure I can't convince you otherwise but in my opinion that's an overwhelmingly gigantic overreaction.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    As long as the $9.99/mo holds up I like the extra advance. I get another 30 days for only $9.99. The reminder might help me renew right before the subscription price goes up and I decide against it. Because you know the price is going up soon.
  • Pach said:

The disagrees and agrees are very interesting to look at in this thread

This was calling for a disagree - sorry, I do actually agree with you though, it's a very polarised topic.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

i liked the three featured 5 star crystals i bought for only 11k shards each, conceptually. Of those pulls, I enjoy my Sunspot more than my Hulkbuster or Hela. That's where my $10 went. Everything else is noise.
    I’m still only uncollected until I can rank up my Luke Cage to take on the Sentinel in 6.1.2.

I can see how a featured 5* crystal for 11k might change my mind.