**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community's Choice: Champion Update #MCoCChampionUpdate

Comments

• MabyMaby Posts: 2
    #BuffHulkBuster
    He needs a buff more than anyone else.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    My vote would go to Hulkbuster.

First, he's an older champ available in all the crystals, so he's more widespread among the players: more players have him, and have him as 5* and 6* champs as well. Abomination would not be my first choice for this reason: he's currently rarer as a higher ranked champ.

Second, he is both low performing and doesn't have very many situational use cases. Both Kamala and BP aren't as low performing and have more situational uses.

In terms of who deserves the buff most, I'd say it would come down to Daredevil (netflix) and Hulkbuster. And for me the tie-break becomes which one has more interesting directions to buff. I think that's Hulkbuster.

I've seen many people suggest that a problem with Hulkbuster is that he is a defensive champ and most likely to be buffed to be a good defender. But that's not actually how MCOC champs work. The champs tagged as defensive tend to be the ones with the most damage mitigation, but the champs that are actually the best defenders are the ones with the best counter-attacking capability. Strike back damage is a kind of counter-attack. Evade is only dangerous insofar as it allows the defender to counter attack. King Groot has tons of damage mitigation and is tagged as defensive, but he's not a good defender. Domino is tagged offensive, but she's a great defender because while she's a glass cannon, she is a very dangerous counter-attacker.

So while Hulkbuster is "defensive" and Daredevil NF is "offensive" it is actually DD that has the bigger potential to become a great defender. HB procs armor, DD passively evades specials. DD has the better defensive potential, and has the better defensive "seed" for the developers to enhance.

Finally, in terms of progressional potential, Hulkbuster is XL and he's a tech champ which makes him a potentially good champ for the current crop of Variant difficulty events. This should be secondary to making him good for players of all progress, but it is an important consideration nonetheless.

Overall, I think buffing Hulkbuster delivers best bang for the buck. The buff will probably benefit more players on average, will more likely benefit players using him on offense, and will generate better benefits at higher progressional tiers compared to the other choices.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    #buffhulkbuster
  • MutantWharf8MutantWharf8 Posts: 32
    #BuffHulkbuster
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    #BuffHulkBuster
  • omar92omar92 Posts: 2
    #BuffIronMan
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    #BuffDaredevil or #BuffHulkbuster
    Kamala has some synergies that make her not terrible (still not great, but not terrible) and we’ve already had reworks for three Cosmic champs, and there are SO MANY busted cosmic champs.
    Iron Man at least has some form of regen. Hulkbuster doesn’t have ****.
    Abomination hits decently hard and is immune to poison. He’s no She-Hulk or Red Hulk or Ægon, but still. Also, four Science have already gotten reworks.
    Black Panther has decently strong bleeds. Not X-23 or Gwenpool or anything, but he’s not total garbage.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    #BuffHulkBuster, nuff said
  • #BuffIronMan
  • #BuffHulkBuster
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    If yall buff abomination, he needs to be able to apply poisons on offense just by hitting the opponent as well.
  • #BuffBlackPanther *BuffKamala
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    #prayforHulkBuster make that beast come out of his armor for once...
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    #buffironman
  • HorlockHorlock Posts: 20
    #BuffDaredevi
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Abomb doesn't have readily available 5* versions so they're out.

Ironman and HB are in the loaded Tech class and KK is Cosmic.

Black Panther or DD are the only choices.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Why is abomination on this list? His 5* is very rare and there no 6* version of him
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Since there is no mystic, could unstoppable colossus be updated with colossus? I think it makes sense.

Otherwise hope you buff hulkbuster.

Why suggest abom and Dd when they’re not in the 5* basic? I guess that leaves black panther and ironman.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

Since there is no mystic, could unstoppable colossus be updated with colossus? I think it makes sense.

Otherwise hope you buff hulkbuster.

Why suggest abom and Dd when they’re not in the 5* basic? I guess that leaves black panther and ironman.

Perhaps its Netflix daredevil and not og daredevil?
  • EggmanPEIEggmanPEI Posts: 16
    #BuffHulkBuster
  • lkeendylkeendy Posts: 4
    Why Not Dardevil Classic, He need something buff

pd: i Have 6 star version :v
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited October 2019
    #BuffIronMan
    He deserves 3000%
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Iron Man (#BuffIronMan)