**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vote tactical... #MCoCChampionUpdate

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
So far, Kabam has buffed champions in pairs of the same class. Last time it was Colossus, but although Groot had 2nd most votes, OML became the 2nd buff regardless of the number of votes.

Current list looks like this:
Abomination
Daredevil (Netflix)
Hulk-Buster
Iron Man OG
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Black Panther OG

So tactically speaking: if favorite Hulkbuster wins, there is a large chance OG IM will get a buff as well.

If it will be DD, the 2nd champion will be BP.

Only Abomination and KK have no secondary choice, but if it would be KK then I guess Groot would be the 2nd buff (from previous list). Venompool is the lesser choice and symbiotes are strong enough.

Abomination is a tricky one (there hasn't been a science champion in the previous poll), but I think Rhino or Joe Fixit would be the 2nd buff.

What do you think?

Comments

• ZaymelsZaymels Posts: 38
    edited October 2019

Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that there will be a Second one, though we will try to if time permits. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be of the same class.

Please rework both if one or the other are voted. The tech class is in need of the next top tier champs. I think that OG Iron Man has the most potential out of all the characters because of Stark Tech
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I think it’s important to note that most champs being reworked won’t be buffed into the top tier. For the most part these buffs are mainly done to give some slight utility and damage increase to make them viable. While champs like Venom and Rulk are very popular champs, it is better to expect a modest rework and not expect them to be top tier so you are not disappointed.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    RoninMan said:

I think it’s important to note that most champs being reworked won’t be buffed into the top tier. For the most part these buffs are mainly done to give some slight utility and damage increase to make them viable. While champs like Venom and Rulk are very popular champs, it is better to expect a modest rework and not expect them to be top tier so you are not disappointed.

Incorrect. The buffs to champs like HT Annihilus EM and CO are readjustments with no added or lost utility.

The buffs for community voting are complete overhauls that bring them to a great amount of playability if not top tier.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

Meme tier to B tier is a pretty big rework
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

Incorrect. The buffs to champs like HT Annihilus EM and CO are readjustments with no added or lost utility.

The buffs for community voting are complete overhauls that bring them to a great amount of playability if not top tier.
    Not every champ that has been reworked is top tier. A couple of them are and a few of them are average. Everyone expects the buffs to the champ to top tier status when that’s not what most reworks do. They give the champ slightly more viability and usability. They don’t turn these champs into the next Ghost or Corvus. I was just trying to convey that people shouldn’t expect every reworked champ to be top tier.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

Not every champ that has been reworked is top tier. A couple of them are and a few of them are average. Everyone expects the buffs to the champ to top tier status when that’s not what most reworks do. They give the champ slightly more viability and usability. They don’t turn these champs into the next Ghost or Corvus. I was just trying to convey that people shouldn’t expect every reworked champ to be top tier.
    This seems to be a false dichotomy. On the one hand, most of the major champion updates haven't buffed the champions into becoming part of the highest value champions in the game. But on the other hand, all of them did more than "give the champ slightly more viability and usability" in my opinion. The updates to Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Venom, She Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Colossus, and OML were all both very large in value and involved completely new abilities in general. In general, the only major rework that I wouldn't characterize as turning the champ into a high tier useable champ might be Carnage. I wouldn't call his update "slightly more viability" either, just not in the same class as the others.

Venom, in particular, I think is as close to a top tier champ as you can get without quite getting there.
  • doctor doom is easily top three mystic champions
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I think Abom needs a buff, and if he gets buffed it would actually be really cool for Hulk to get a small buff alongside him
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Ghost needs a buff next
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

doctor doom is easily top three mystic champions

Doom wasn’t out when this post was made.