**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's have a real talk about "Buffed" champs

Looking back through all the champions that have been buffed in MCOC who do you think actually got a buff that was WORTH getting??
Nobody uses Juggernaut or Spidergwen for anything other than war defense.
She Hulk got a buff and then a passive nerf right afterwards.
Venom and Carnage were both enhanced making them both great damage dealers but Venom was clearly favored and turned into an awesome Spiderman counter.
Luke Cage is arguably the most well buffed champion we have seen in game so far, great for questing and some AQ and AW fights also. Good utility, and awesome damage output.
What are your thoughts and where do you think Old Man Logan and Colossus will fall in this list? (If we ever actually get their buffs) :|

Comments

• PachPach Posts: 131
    edited October 2019
    I loved she hulk rip
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Spider-Gwen, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Venom were all buffed to being very useful, and I use them all. Based on beta testing, it's probable I will find uses for Colossus and OML, although that is still technically up in the air. The only one I don't really use much is Carnage.
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    Forgot about red hulk. Yes his buff was very good and did make him a good all around damage dealer for sure.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    All of the recent reworked champs have been pretty darn good. Besides the heroes others have mentioned: Gamora was revamped. Nebula, Jane Foster , electro & storm we’re given immunity or resistance to shock. Hopefully Colossus and OML are just as good as the other reworked champs.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Spidergwen and she hulk are used quite a lot mate... one has power control and slow debuff and the other has poison immunity and slow debuff and both have pretty good damage
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Neonoctis said:

Looking back through all the champions that have been buffed in MCOC who do you think actually got a buff that was WORTH getting??
    She Hulk got a buff and then a passive nerf right afterwards.
    Venom and Carnage were both enhanced making them both great damage dealers but Venom was clearly favored and turned into an awesome Spiderman counter.
    Luke Cage is arguably the most well buffed champion we have seen in game so far, great for questing and some AQ and AW fights also. Good utility, and awesome damage output.
    What are your thoughts and where do you think Old Man Logan and Colossus will fall in this list? (If we ever actually get their buffs) :|

Spider-Gwen is fantastic offensively. And I use venom a lot too which means she benefits from the synergy between them to increase her damage output significantly. Definitely my favourite 2 buffed characters, she’s next in line for r5 and I don’t intend to use her as a defender. Lots of utility, plenty of damage. I have a far more in depth write up on her but I’ll keep it brief for this one, a lot of fun to use. Personally I think all of the ones you mentioned are quite good in their own ways. The old man Logan buff worries me to be honest, he has been one of my favourite characters for a long time and I just hope his playstyle doesn’t change too much. Hopefully I will like the new version though, would be a real shame if didn’t enjoy using him anymore.
    Neonoctis said:

Venom was clearly favored and turned into an awesome Spiderman counter.

Also I should point out that he turned out to be a pretty good IMIW counter and an even better Medusa counter. In fact anything that procs a lot of buffs makes Venom suicide friendly because he can recover more health from SP1 than recoil burns.

Here's how you kill Medusa with 3* Venom if you aren't super-skilled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbfOQNHLzI
    Rule 1: two furies = bad, only use SP1 if you can
    Rule 2: three furies = very bad, only hit once then back away
    Rule 3: two bars of power = swirly swirly bad, don't stand next to her
    Rule 4: <18% health = no more bad, eat face

Anyone who graduated from Dorky Diggity Dave's school of cool with a C+ or better should be able to do this with a couple minutes practice.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Magik was probably the most impactful buff in the history of MCOC. Her buff changed AW which led to Blade who changed the entire game.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Neonoctis said:

...Juggernaut... Spidergwen ...She Hulk ...Venom ... Carnage ...Luke Cage...

I think all those buffs were worth having, as others have argued.

Given this game is built on the development of new champions, not old ones, expecting buffs to rocket champs from meme-tier to god-tier is unreasonable. Also, some buffs may be defensive, others offensive, still others utilitarian.

Some of the champs whose buffs made them genuinely useful, in an approximate order of how useful they've become:
    • Magik
    • Luke Cage
    • Venom
    • She-Hulk
    • Red Hulk
    • Carnage
    • Spider-Gwen
    • Gamora
    Smaller buffs that made champions at least a bit better; although not great:
    • Winter Soldier (remember his original Sig, 'Torment'? And before he had his ammo stockpile? That's without even mentioning his Killmonger synergy)
    • Punisher (not great, but can do fairly good DoT once you create an open wound. Certainly better than most of the other 'trophy' champs)
    • Juggernaut (he's had several mini-buffs; rather than one proper rework)
    • Black Bolt* (he's been given armour breaks, lost his SP2 recoil, and been given a good team synergy, rather than one proper rework)
    *Before you say he's never useful, bear in mind that he's a Poison-immune champ who can proc permanent Fury effects...

I'm hoping that the up-coming Colossus/OML buffs will fall in the 'genuinely useful' category. I don't think either champ will become the new Domino/Archangel/Omega Red; but both should become useable in content if you don't have those top-tier champions.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    I agree - Gamora was very good and can become great when you pair her with CapIW and Guillotine. Gully doesn't do much for Gamora, but Gamora makes Gully pretty awesome.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I just wish they would do more mini buffs instead of total reworks. It seems like they want to make older champs more up to date so I would think it work make sense to go though the champs and just kinda tweak champs a little that need it. Like Guillotine, Just make her souls not drop off or Juggernaut give him like indestructible with the unstoppable is up. Diablo give him unlimited potions and make them more potent. Psylock, allow her to gain power faster. Moon Knight, stack bleeds. So Simple..
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    Buff old champs works fine with variant difficulty, with 2015 or 2015/16 rank up gems that you obtain every chapter. I used rankup gem for cage, venom, she hulk, in a few days i will rank up rhulk, and probably colossus when the buff will be release. So yes i think all buff are worth getting.
    P. S.
    I made all variant 2 with venom and rhulk, and i use constantly cage in aq 6. I would rank up these champs even without rank up gems
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    B00tblack said:

Interesting that Kabam held back the Colossus buff, in a month where we could use an incinerate immune champ for Mephisto boss. 🤔🤔🤔

There’s not a lot of Incinerate immune champs.

I actually made a post about this also. And old man Logan being immune to accuracy reduction with a domino boss in boss rush. Even though they ended up making her unawakened. Lol
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Neonoctis said:

???? Spider-Gwen is my main attacker, the hell you sayin’?

She’s my only R4 5* so far and she shreds multiple enemies for me. Idk why you think that no one uses her out of AW defense ._.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    All of the reworks were pretty good, so I don't see the problem.

Apparently, because a buffed champion isn't beyond god tier, people evaluate it as bad.

We as a player base get conditioned to these ridiculous powerful champions so we can't appreciate a well-rounded champion. I call this phenomenon the Blade syndrome as he is the source of it. It is mass psychosis.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Interesting that Kabam held back the Colossus buff, in a month where we could use an incinerate immune champ for Mephisto boss. 🤔🤔🤔

Void, Night Trasher, Red Hulk (partially), Ghulk and Blade's AAR

B00tblack said:

Specifically to deal with Mephisto's incineration aura, Iceman also works, I believe awakened AA works, and Namor works. Emma works if you mostly stay in diamond form. Havok, Sunspot, and Human Torch I believe are all immune.

Also, duh, Mephisto. Although you want to make sure you don't trigger your own aura when you go Mephisto vs Mephisto.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

B00tblack said:

Specifically to deal with Mephisto's incineration aura, Iceman also works, I believe awakened AA works, and Namor works. Emma works if you mostly stay in diamond form. Havok, Sunspot, and Human Torch I believe are all immune.

Also, duh, Mephisto. Although you want to make sure you don't trigger your own aura when you go Mephisto vs Mephisto.
    If we are just listing counters, I used sparky for my 1 shots :/ just spam heavy and you will trigger hardly any incinerates.
    Really the mephisto boss has a ton of counters, you just need to be willing to try.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    you assuming spider gwen is defense only is 100% wrong. i took her to 5/65, beat labyrinth easy path with her. so good on offense and defense.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    DNA3000 said:

B00tblack said:

AA? Mephisto is poison immune so not sure how he is a counter.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    The gamora rework was really good, the down side is she’s still over shadowed by a stacked cosmic class.

Venom and she-hulk have been the pick of the bunch.