**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What type of champion do you not like?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
There are some types of champions that I don’t like, champions whose play style doesn’t appeal to me and they really bug me as I play.
Personally I don’t like champions who have to game charges while they fight, like Sunspot or Human Torch.
I’m not trying to say they are bad champions, quite the opposite, which is why I have 4* R4 Human Torch on my team, but the idea of building charges by heavy attacks and special attacks confuses me, why not have all the damage available instantly, but it’s the efficiency at which you play them that matters, like Archangel or Medusa

Another type of champion I don’t like are those who have to build up persistent charges to be good, such as Ægon or Cull obsidian. Again, I’m not saying that they are bad champions, Ægon might just be the best in the game, but it’s the idea that it takes multiple fights to unlock your true damage that I don’t get, not very useful for challenges like the new Nexus of reality’s where there is only one fight per quest

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    That’s the point, though. They create lots of different play styles that appeal to different people and that applies to different game modes. Ægon, MS, and Cull might be “useless” in Nexus, but excel in AQ, EQ, and Act 6 where there are a lot of fights. I honestly don’t take Ægon into normal content like EQ anymore, but for modes like LOL and Act 6 where he can ramp up, he’s a god. It really depends on the game mode. Parry/heavy isn’t my favorite style but kinda need it for Hype.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of champs who have to use the s3 to do anything, ms mephisto and a few others, besides namor just because once he’s set up the s2 is so satisfying, I’m also not a fan of massively rng reliant champs, especially when the rng is utility based
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    I don't like it when champs need high sig... Just annoying to get on 5* / 6* champs.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I don’t like the whole SP3 to get good idea either, although it can be useful in longer fights
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Anyone with a clunky feeling moveset (Hulkbuster, Dormmamu, etc...)
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Useless champs like dpxf
    Champs with different ranges like voodoo with his short dash back or domino with her 1st medium
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I personally dont like champs that rely on firing their sp3 to unlock full potential. Gets tiresome and boring imo
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I like the idea of every-battle ramp-up... I guess that’s why I’m so fond of my Proxima Midnight (that needs to complete her missions), my Spider-Gwen (that need to spam S1 4/5 times to ramp up her damage and crits) and my Phoenix (that needs to spam Heavies, then S1 and then deliver a somewhat massive S3)... and I guess Ghost fits this category as well (‘cause I spam heavies before using the SP2 to ramp up the damage lol).

I’m really not into the Persistent Charges-type of fight as well... Sabretooth, Venom the Duck, Morningstar... their play style doesn’t fit me ._.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Blade
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    I don't love champs that don't have anything to pay attention to where you can just play normally and still be just as effective. It's why I don't really love to play blade or iceman, there just isn't a lot going on besides throwing an occasional heavy or holding block to heal.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Evade champs. Everytime i try to parry, the mf autoevades and opens his block, making me eat punches
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    as android with lag player, i don't like champions with lots of flashy things in special attacks or block because that cause me more lag than usual.

mysterio, namor, cr4p-thing, dormamu, sinister, vision arkus, etc
  • I love this type of champion, but I hate that type.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Auto evade champs like miles and og spidey as their evades always mess up my parries and i end up eating a combo to my face
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Ones that are practically impossible to take out without the right counters. As of rn, Thing is the only one I can think of primarily bc youre at the mercy of his aggression. An overly passive AI (especially on All or Nothing) is damn near impossible to beat.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    For the longest time, I was reluctant to rank or play with Ghost because I thought that she was too complicated. But then after watching a few videos and playing with her, she quickly became one of my favorites and a key champ for Act 6. what you may dislike or fear today, you may love tomorrow, so just keep an open mind and try everyone out. People are still learning new tips and techniques with certain champs, and that is why I truly love this game, it has layers and complexity based on simple controls of tapping and swiping.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I don’t like champions who get reworked when they didn’t need it or didn’t deserve it
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Not a fan of champs who have to use the s3 to do anything, ms mephisto and a few others, besides namor just because once he’s set up the s2 is so satisfying, I’m also not a fan of massively rng reliant champs, especially when the rng is utility based

Mephisto doesn't really need the SP3 if you have his sig. SP2 deals most damage and it is perfectly doable to chain SP2 without the SP3 AOI. Mephisto is no Loki, Darkhawk or Thor Rag where you don't have a choice.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I really dislike champions who have a play style that breaks my parry-MLLLM habit like Ronin, Quake or Ghost. I don't like ramp-up champions either, that's why ST sits on my bench despite my KM.
  • i don't really like using hyperion when he's building up power really fast
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Champs that get nerfed shortly after release lol😜
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★

For the longest time, I was reluctant to rank or play with Ghost because I thought that she was too complicated. But then after watching a few videos and playing with her, she quickly became one of my favorites and a key champ for Act 6. what you may dislike or fear today, you may love tomorrow, so just keep an open mind and try everyone out. People are still learning new tips and techniques with certain champs, and that is why I truly love this game, it has layers and complexity based on simple controls of tapping and swiping.

I’m not saying shut yourself off from these champions, just that I don’t like them right now